As you can appreciate when a new OS\device is released there will ALWAYS be issues. Manufactures have testers, but the REAL testers are the public\consumer, hence updates to OS' and devices.

I suggest if you're unhappy with a device, return it within the return period, 14-30 days depending on the carrier. When a new update to the OS is released you can always try the device\OS again...

[tip]Do not let this thread get out of hand with bashing, and thus not sticking to the rules of CrackBerry. I'll be watching you, You and YOU [/tip]
    I like your point about who the real testers are. I knew when I bought the phone that I was getting something that would need refining, and I would be part of that. I accepted that and bought anyway. That's what I don't understand. Crackberry should be a place where active testers are helping to make the OS better, not rant that it's a piece of ****. By working together, and with Blackberry, we can make this an awesome device. There is nothing wrong with posting about issues, that helps. But some of these threads that are only hate are not helping in any way.
    XDrew42 likes this.
    04-16-13 08:15 AM
    Im in the uk I aint had any of these issues i had one lock up but that was cause I needed update to 10.90 that EE took a long time to push out.

looking at complaints seems all US based.You see when they say carrier testing is needed people don't listen think its a joke ''this just time wasting time delay.As you can see carrier testing is serious business now look at all the issue customers face.

Well when you got good stock you got good stock.If you not happy exchange it,sell get another phone do what you got to do.The phone isn't a disaster it just not working for you change your title I hope you ain't grown this attention seeking behavior is not cool.
    04-16-13 08:16 AM
    I've had my z10 for a few weeks now. It's from Verizon. It runs 10.0.9.422. I have Netflix sideloaded and I use it moderately. Like the OP, I experience frequent reboots. My fianc� experiences the same on her z10. However, unlike the OP, I don't think the z10 has any fatal flaws and, based on majority of oats on this thread and elsewhere, I'm fairly certain that my experience is not common to most z10 owners.

Reason being, my previous phone was the blackberry storm. My storm was, likewise, from Verizon and I bought it when it was first released. We are all painfully aware of the problems that phone faced upon release. For example, frequent freezes and memory loss necessitated undesirable battery pulls. Yet surprisingly, I had the storm for nearly five years. During that time and through several OS iterations, it evolved into a stable and efficient smartphone.

I expect my z10 will undergo a similar progression, so I'm ok with the problems I am facing now. The random reboots are manageable while I wait for the next OS build. Nevertheless, it is frustrating to know that my new z10 has the same problems that my storm did in 2008.
    Last edited by rock54; 04-16-13 at 08:39 AM.
    04-16-13 08:17 AM
    Just to balance the discussion, I have had solid service from my device. One random reboot but never froze or lagged once and I expected bugs.

That being said, I am looking forward to 10.1, may see a few more apps available then as some may have been waiting to have the Full touch and qwerty formats ready before launching... Skype and rdio?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:18 AM
    Everyone around me with a Z10 has had at least one instance of the phone randomly rebooting. I'm personally on my second Z10 (first from Koodo, second from Wind) and they booth reboot automatically and sometimes the device won't wake up so you'll have to manually reboot it to get it to work again. I do not have issues with battery life. But for the device to be put in the same league as the iPhone or galaxy, it can't be rebooting manually or freezing. This is unacceptable and being a first generation bb10 makes no difference to a consumer who is obviously going to demand the best in the market because he is still paying the same price as the other phones that do work flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    HAHA!
    I guess you dont remember the first generation iphone and android devices.

BTW, welcome to the forum; and thank you for your first posts in this thread!
    04-16-13 08:19 AM
    To me the reboots must be carrier specific. When I first got my phone after activation the only info visible up in the status line was 4G and signal strength icons. Then after 1st reboot I see the truncated BB symbol...(still don't know if that's the BIS or 3G symbol?). Then time passes, then a second reboot...I see the word WIND now in the status line. The third reboot I think was my fault pressing the lock button down a bit too long. Apart from that and the Gmail contacts thing which I'm waiting for the 10.1 update to eventually fix my Zed 10 has been a work horse. If it doesn't fix Gmail this time I'll take 30 min. and do it myself. Just the bugs that's all :-)

I'm with Wind mobile btw.
    04-16-13 08:19 AM
    Everyone around me with a Z10 has had at least one instance of the phone randomly rebooting. I'm personally on my second Z10 (first from Koodo, second from Wind) and they booth reboot automatically and sometimes the device won't wake up so you'll have to manually reboot it to get it to work again. I do not have issues with battery life. But for the device to be put in the same league as the iPhone or galaxy, it can't be rebooting manually or freezing. This is unacceptable and being a first generation bb10 makes no difference to a consumer who is obviously going to demand the best in the market because he is still paying the same price as the other phones that do work flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    May I suggest you switch to a bigger carrier. I have never had the reboot or freeze on Verizon and we are stuck on the first os they launched. Not updated os yet. I thought about wind or the other one to get it early, glad I waited for Verizon even though I paid full retail. Just a suggestion. I say this with absoultely no knowledge of those carriers or their services, just mentioning it as the 13 people i know with z10s are on AT&T and Verizon.
    04-16-13 08:20 AM
    I like your point about who the real testers are. I knew when I bought the phone that I was getting something that would need refining, and I would be part of that. I accepted that and bought anyway. That's what I don't understand. Crackberry should be a place where active testers are helping to make the OS better, not rant that it's a piece of ****. By working together, and with Blackberry, we can make this an awesome device. There is nothing wrong with posting about issues, that helps. But some of these threads that are only hate are not helping in any way.
    ^ well said!
    04-16-13 08:20 AM
    I agree with a lot of your guys postings. Listen, I have been a loyal Blackberry user since 2005 and a member of this forum since 2007. I agree that my rants aren't representative for many of you who are experiencing great things with the Z10. I was just venting some frustration and probably took it a little too far on my criticism of the phone as well as my criticism of some of you by calling you "fanboys." If anything I am a Blackberry fanboy but it infuriates me that I'm having these issues. I always buy the newest blackberry phones and haven't been this frustrated since the Storm fiascos. You guys are great and my apologies for offending anyone as I love this community.
    Love you too.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:21 AM
    People keep going on about how blackberry built there's in 2 years but come on they already had the iPhone and Samsung to compare and work towards....
    They weren't starting from scratch. I agree with the initial posts some of the bugs are really unacceptable!!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:23 AM
    Bottom line is that although there are plenty of people who do not have issues with the z10, there are plenty of people that obviously do. I truly feel that the phone is great, but there are issues out there that should have been resolved by now. Whether the update be minor and fix minor things such as profiles or 30 day email or a major update that fixes a bunch of issues such as the ones mentioned prior and reboots or battery issues. I know there was an update already on some networks and Verizon folks didn't get it yet...but still there needs to be an update that really shows they are really working on it. And yes, I know they are...but we need to see it. I had the z10, had my issues and went to a Galaxy....and cannot wait to get back to the Z10 after these issues are resolved. Just release them already so EVERYONE can be happy.
    04-16-13 08:23 AM
    It's possible to have a malfunctioning device among the lots. The only issue I quite agree with this fellow is the battery issue. Every other issue is quite untrue.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 from Nigeria
    04-16-13 08:24 AM
    Had mine since Feb 5th, yes there has been a few security wipes, contacts problems, email set up problems but I expected that coming to a new device. I know they said they held back the release to make sure they had a great device but when you mass produce something there are going to be flaws. The Canadian versions of the phones seem to be running great on all carriers but of course we don't have the population like the states does so of course it may seem like your numbers of problems are higher.
    Don't give up on a great device as I'm sure there's a room of brains working on fixes as we speak!!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    XDrew42 likes this.
    04-16-13 08:26 AM
    May I suggest you switch to a bigger carrier. I have never had the reboot or freeze on Verizon and we are stuck on the first os they launched. Not updated os yet. I thought about wind or the other one to get it early, glad I waited for Verizon even though I paid full retail. Just a suggestion. I say this with absoultely no knowledge of those carriers or their services, just mentioning it as the 13 people i know with z10s are on AT&T and Verizon.
    I see your point but not very practical if you live in Canada. To me Rogers and Bell are just too expensive.
    04-16-13 08:35 AM
    My worst problems have been with BlackBerry Link, which I can't get to work on either my home or office computers. So I have no way to back up my Z10. If I ever have to do a security wipe, I'm out of luck. That's bad enough, I suppose, but I'm hoping the Link software gets updated before I actually need it.
    04-16-13 08:37 AM
    I see your point but not very practical if you live in Canada. To me Rogers and Bell are just too expensive.
    so move to the US then..
    04-16-13 08:37 AM
    you know, i'm with you here! i had to install/ uninstall/ install like 3 times before it started to see my devices... but after you get it to work, its nice. only problem is that it STILL does NOT sync 2-way w/ outlook calendar.
    04-16-13 08:39 AM
    Blame Verizon and their stupid policy of carefully testing each update.
    I NEVER got a reboot on my device.
    They want to place their seal of approval on the os version, and the process takes months...

Posted via Z10
    XDrew42 likes this.
    04-16-13 08:44 AM
    I agree with a lot of your guys postings. Listen, I have been a loyal Blackberry user since 2005 and a member of this forum since 2007. I agree that my rants aren't representative for many of you who are experiencing great things with the Z10. I was just venting some frustration and probably took it a little too far on my criticism of the phone as well as my criticism of some of you by calling you "fanboys." If anything I am a Blackberry fanboy but it infuriates me that I'm having these issues. I always buy the newest blackberry phones and haven't been this frustrated since the Storm fiascos. You guys are great and my apologies for offending anyone as I love this community.
    Very classy response.

Sorry you are having a bad experience. I've had the phone since February 5th in Canada on Rogers and have had no major issues I wasn't able to fix.

I'm a BlackBerry fan too (not a fanboy) but I've had issues with previous BlackBerrys but never write my frustration here. You just get flamed. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be happy you did. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    XDrew42 likes this.
    04-16-13 08:45 AM
    Did you install a Class 10 micro card? I know I had reused my memory card from my Storm2 to my 9930 without issue, but read that you need the fastest for doing video and such. Also have you tried a clean reinstall? Even the best computer sometimes just needs a good clean rebuild
    04-16-13 08:46 AM
    People keep going on about how blackberry built there's in 2 years but come on they already had the iPhone and Samsung to compare and work towards....
    They weren't starting from scratch. I agree with the initial posts some of the bugs are really unacceptable!!

Posted via CB10

Apple took four years to copy the latest BlackBerry at the time. Kept it quite and smartly added a few hip apps and then marketed the heck out of it and that is how they got to the top. They were not sans issues and never will be. I am actually amazed at the swift response to the issues that BlackBerry is taking when they can. I truly believe that they are not stupid and would not sit on something they could fix if it were in their hands. Therefore it says to me that the issues that are out there are more device specific, carrier specific, OS updates that were leaked or someone cut their existing sim card down to fit and they should really be going thru the correct customer service channels to find the issues. IMO
    04-16-13 08:46 AM
    Ya some people have reported issues but no one has reported having all of what you posted at once. So your just repeating what others have said and pretending having them

I for one have had it since the Canadian release, my only issue was the duplicates contacts with Gmail, I switch everything to Google and the problem was taken care of.

No reboot, no sms lag, no over heating and battery is doing fine so far.

Posted via CB10
    My troll sense is tingling on this one too. Other than a few reboots in the first few days (which haven't come back since an OS update about 4 weeks ago) and the Gmail contacts issue, my phone has been fantastic.
    04-16-13 08:48 AM
    My worst problems have been with BlackBerry Link, which I can't get to work on either my home or office computers. So I have no way to back up my Z10. If I ever have to do a security wipe, I'm out of luck. That's bad enough, I suppose, but I'm hoping the Link software gets updated before I actually need it.
    Do you happen to have a cooking app? There is another I think that if removed backup will work or so I've read.
    04-16-13 08:49 AM
    Nobody can be blamed for feeling frustration when a device doesn't work as it's supposed to. I consider myself fortunate to have a Z10 that's working well, for the most part. BlackBerry Link has been a failure, but it's not a big problem yet. If my Z10 were rebooting multiple times per day, I would ask for a replacement, and if the problem persisted, I'd move to a different phone. If I were only getting 4-6 hours of battery time per day, as some people are reporting, I'd do the same, after carefully checking to make sure it wasn't user error.

Any phone is going to have occasional glitches and quirks. My 9900 got decent battery life, but once in a while, for no reason that I could discover, it would just run down to nothing in four or five hours. I'd charge it back up and it was back to normal. This might happen once every couple of months; I never found the cause. I could live with it at that low frequency, but not on a daily basis. My Samsung Blaze would freeze up and need a reboot once in a while--maybe twice a month. I don't know why, but again it was infrequent enough that I could live with it.

I hope the OP, and all others experiencing similar problems, finds some solutions soon. And I hope I someday get Link to work.
    XDrew42 likes this.
    04-16-13 08:56 AM
    Do you happen to have a cooking app? There is another I think that if removed backup will work or so I've read.
    Nope, I don't have anything like that. Anyway, I'll check out some Link threads and see what I find.
    04-16-13 08:57 AM
152 ... 23456 ...