I have had reboots...(3) that I can remember. And multiple contacts in Gmail since I've had the Zed10...approx. 3 weeks now. Does it bother me?. Not in the least!. Because I know it will get better and better and better and better and BETTER with future updates. People should really just chill.
    chuckwalla likes this.
    04-16-13 07:31 AM
    Now I am starting to feel like I bought the wrong phone! Maybe I should exchange mine cause it doesn't behave at all like OP's BlackBerry. Unfortunately I never had a reboot, I use Google for over 1000 contacts and no duplicates, battery last over 10 hours with moderate use, text and BBM are a blaze.

Posted via CB10
    Eww throw it away, throw it away! Seems like you got a lemon
    04-16-13 07:32 AM
    Am I the only person who doesn't use ther phone as their primary alarm clock? I think that is crazy. So if the traditional clock fails to wake you up are you going to go on their forums and adamantly voice your disdainfor the product?

It is an electronic...as much as we would like them all to function flawlessly...the fact is they don't! And we probably don't realy wan thtem to or we end up with Skynet and Terminators.

Chillax
    I, for one did my research on this phone and knew there might be a few glitches. However I have had no issues with reboots, slow texting or anything related. I knew the battery consumption would be an issue. After reading some of the threads on this post I have resolve the battery issue. If the Z10 is acting up, just get it replaced to a phone that you like!
    When did you buy this phone?
    Honestly I've had NONE of the problems stated in this thread. My battery is as good as ever, no reboots, no texting lag, nothing whatsoever.

Your 'rant' could have been more constructive. Nothing you state can't be fixed with an update. When people buy a new device, and in this case a brand new OS, they need to know the consequences.
    I did my homework before I bought the phone, that worked out for me. So much for procrastination.

Posted via CB10
    Same with me. No any problems, battery lasts almost 2 days . Very satisfied.
    Lol I love you fanboys. And yup, its going back and I'll go back to my 9900 until this is straightened out. I don't have the luxury of exchanging phones to see if the next one will work ok. I just need one that works and isn't a beta device I guess.
    04-16-13 07:33 AM
    i will send my z10 today to be repaired for the second time
    04-16-13 07:33 AM
    Now I want cookies too.
    Chocolate chip...or peanut butter hot and fresh from the oven...mmm!

To the OP: sorry your phone is a disaster. Mine, and the phones of the vast majority of people I know, is not.

I suggest you fire off a few hot emails and phone calls to BBRY, your carrier, or possibly both to sort out the problems with your phone. But please don't call my phone a disaster. It is not.
    XDrew42 likes this.
    04-16-13 07:36 AM
    Lol I love you fanboys. And yup, its going back and I'll go back to my 9900 until this is straightened out. I don't have the luxury of exchanging phones to see if the next one will work ok. I just need one that works and isn't a beta device I guess.
    FanBoys? Why, because a lot of the people commenting on your thread aren't experiencing what you are experiencing? I'm sure there are issues out there, just like any and every other smartphone, but BlackBerry is releasing updates.

BB10 is a gen 1 software, and to be honest, is both very impressive, and promising.
    04-16-13 07:37 AM
    I've never had to reboot once in two months of use' no dropped calls, no lag and no freezing. i t sounds like there is something wrong with the phone you got. Why don't you take it back and get a replacement?
    04-16-13 07:38 AM
    Never had a major issue with mine. The Twitter app not working for a day was my only problem. I know if I had the issues some posters on here say they've experienced I'd be replacing my device with another Z10 and if the problems persisted I would switch brands.

If it was so bad it was effecting my business I'd certainly have bigger concerns than starting a negative thread here.

Posted via CB10
    Jacko_au likes this.
    04-16-13 07:39 AM
    FanBoys? Why, because a lot of the people commenting on your thread aren't experiencing what you are experiencing? I'm sure there are issues out there, just like any and every other smartphone, but BlackBerry is releasing updates.

BB10 is a gen 1 software, and to be honest, is both very impressive, and promising.
    I guess anyone who is having a positive experience should not be, and is thus a "fanboy". We should be ashamed of ourselves.
    AbsoluteT23 and bigbmc26 like this.
    04-16-13 07:40 AM
    I would like to know some more of your specifics:

Carrier, # of email accounts, software version, etc??

Really think it would be better to try and figure out the problems and see if they can be fixed or if you need to return?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:40 AM
    BB10 is not completely new. Been around on the Playbook for a while. I think they had plenty of time to improve their software. I like my Z10 because i have a different phone for weekends. I love the Phone and Messaging performance and features (except for slow Facebook chat delays - 15-20 minutes). If the Z10 was my only phone and i didn't have tablets (N7 and iPad Mini) i would be quite disappointed in this phone.
    04-16-13 07:41 AM
    OP, didn't I see you post in the I love my Z10 thread or whatever it's called? And now it's a disaster?

Actually I've never been so glad that I'm unable to get one at this time. The bugs should all be worked out when I can.
    04-16-13 07:44 AM
    2 reboots to date. On Verizon with the old build. I have had my contacts go all wonky on me after syncing with the desktop tool.

OP you using a lot of apps?
    04-16-13 07:45 AM
    BB10 is not completely new. Been around on the Playbook for a while. I think they had plenty of time to improve their software. I like my Z10 because i have a different phone for weekends. I love the Phone and Messaging performance and features (except for slow Facebook chat delays - 15-20 minutes). If the Z10 was my only phone and i didn't have tablets (N7 and iPad Mini) i would be quite disappointed in this phone.
    Actually they did change a lot from the beginning of the pb OS to what is now on the phones deep in the guts from I understand.
    04-16-13 07:46 AM
    I live in Canada, and the Z10 has been nothing but perfect for me. No reboots, no duplicates (I use Gmail), I'm happy with the apps available, and the battery lasts 10 hours with moderate to heavy use (I also use it for work). It seems that Verizon or T-Mobile has added things to their phones that are causing these reboots. Nowhere have I heard this issue on any Canadian carriers or European carriers. It seems this is only happening on US carriers. The question needs to be asked "what is different in the code for Verizon and T-mobile?". That's where the issue is. And to the comments about this phone being like a first generation Android. That's just funny! lol. I've had many many iphone 5 users playing my phone and saying "Apple has alot of work to catch up". Another comment was "This makes my iphone seem very old". There are a ton of other posts with similar comments. So to compare it to a first gen android? Just rediculous. Once these Verizon/T-Mobile issues are resolved (cause I believe that's where the issue is, not a blackberry issue), you'll see how great this phone really is.
    Man@Arms likes this.
    04-16-13 07:47 AM
    I cannot believe this garbage is going on with the Z10! Wasnt this phone delayed and delayed so that Blackberry could release a perfect device? It's shocking to me that people are accepting of the reboots, contact disasters, laggy text messaging, awful battery and any of the other ridiculous problems that this phone is having.

I have used every smartphone platform and this phone is barely above an early build of android when it comes to bugs and glitches. This is completely unacceptable and this can't go on.

I've had reboots on phone calls with customers 6 times now. My contacts are all over the place, the battery barely lasts till 2pm with moderate usage (and its not signal strength as I don't have this problem with other phones and have also tried two different batteries). I mean come on BLACKBERRY, get your **** together or you are going to lose a ton of loyal customers. I could not in clear conscience recommend this phone to anyone right now and that is a real shame because it has some great features, but now the bad far outweighs the good. Flame me if you want, but I had to speak my mind on this.
    Based on other threads, it seems that the majority of users experiencing dropped calls / reboots are with a specific carrier, implying the possibility their release modifications may be at fault. Perhaps you should direct some of justified frustration there?
    04-16-13 07:51 AM
    OP, didn't I see you post in the I love my Z10 thread or whatever it's called? And now it's a disaster?

Actually I've never been so glad that I'm unable to get one at this time. The bugs should all be worked out when I can.
    No I didn't post that i loved the phone in that thread. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that I like about the phone. I love the keyboard, and the hub, but I can't deal with these other problems.

My carrier is AT&T and I'm running the latest software. I only have one email account which is through my company and I don't have any apps downloaded. I got this phone because I'm 38 years old and wanted a modern phone with good web browsing, the blackberry email experience, status light, and ability to multitask like you cannot do with an iPhone.
    04-16-13 07:51 AM
    Maybe the OP should switch to the perfect Android OS. I have used all smart phone OS's except Nokia's and your statement that BB10 is barely above the an early build of Android is nothing but pure hogwash. This isn't a flame but a truthful observation.
    04-16-13 07:53 AM
    Maybe the OP should switch to the perfect Android OS. I have used all smart phone OS's except Nokia's and your statement that BB10 is barely above the an early build of Android is nothing but pure hogwash. This isn't a flame but a truthful observation.
    I agree that was a little over the top and I do take that back lol, but these reboots.....
    04-16-13 07:54 AM
    I had two reboots during the first three days that I had the Z10, which I bought on March 26, with T-Mobile. None since. I get battery life comparable to what I got on my 9900, depending on lots of variables. For example, if I use navigation, it chews up the battery much more than BB Traffic did on the 9900. I've yet to drop a single call on the Z10. I did have duplicate contacts for a while, but that problem has been solved.

I wouldn't call the Z10 perfect by any means, but my experience has been far from a disaster. I'm glad I bought it, and I plan to stick with it.
    04-16-13 07:56 AM
    I've had my Z10 since the day it was released in Canada. No reboots, no freezing. I've never had to drop the battery. It's smooth, really fast and App world is filling up.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:57 AM
    It must be said that the glitches and problems in the device are inexcusable and i would be an ******* to recommend it to anyone based on what I am experiencing first hand

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:59 AM
152 1234 ...