I cannot believe this garbage is going on with the Z10! Wasnt this phone delayed and delayed so that Blackberry could release a perfect device? It's shocking to me that people are accepting of the reboots, contact disasters, laggy text messaging, awful battery and any of the other ridiculous problems that this phone is having.

I have used every smartphone platform and this phone is barely above an early build of android when it comes to bugs and glitches. This is completely unacceptable and this can't go on.

I've had reboots on phone calls with customers 6 times now. My contacts are all over the place, the battery barely lasts till 2pm with moderate usage (and its not signal strength as I don't have this problem with other phones and have also tried two different batteries). I mean come on BLACKBERRY, get your **** together or you are going to lose a ton of loyal customers. I could not in clear conscience recommend this phone to anyone right now and that is a real shame because it has some great features, but now the bad far outweighs the good. Flame me if you want, but I had to speak my mind on this.
    Last edited by donnation; 04-16-13 at 07:39 AM.
    04-16-13 07:07 AM
    You guys have to stop coming here, posting about cookies. I want cookies now =S
    XDrew42 likes this.
    04-16-13 07:12 AM
    You guys have to stop coming here, posting about cookies. I want cookies now =S
    I'm glad you think it's funny, but when you are running a business and this stuff is happening and it impacts your business it really isn't.
    04-16-13 07:13 AM
    There is no such thing as a perfect device, especially a first generation device on a first generation OS. It is not just BlackBerry... People conveniently forget the issues the first generation iPhone and other first generation devices had. This is a very good device with a few issues that will be addressed as updates to the OS are released.
    John Pawling, hf199 and wildbanger like this.
    04-16-13 07:13 AM
    When did you buy this phone?
    Honestly I've had NONE of the problems stated in this thread. My battery is as good as ever, no reboots, no texting lag, nothing whatsoever.

Your 'rant' could have been more constructive. Nothing you state can't be fixed with an update. When people buy a new device, and in this case a brand new OS, they need to know the consequences.
    I did my homework before I bought the phone, that worked out for me. So much for procrastination.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:14 AM
    The reboots are only happening in the states on what looks like Verizon and t mobile. Outside of the US of A most of the complaints are with apps and a few UI features that are missing from OS7. Otherwise 95% of Z10 absolutely love their phone.

Man, OP is pretty harsh on blackberry here. I can attest that BB10 is miles further then an early build of android, are you kidding with that statement? I hope so

Blackberry built a new OS in two years, an accomplishment that took both Apple and Google nearly 5 years in Development before release. Why is it that you think everything is magical in the world of technology. Did you write off apple in the 90's when it was looking at bankruptcy and releasing garbage computers?

Blackberry team 12'000 employees strong
    Android team 20'000 strong
    Apple team 32'000 + store employees

Most people thankfully don't think like you OP and are looking at the overall picture that were still on 10.0. Come back after 10.7 and vent your frustrations when it would be deserved
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 04-16-13 at 07:31 AM.
    tangyboy, jay_men and yvpan1 like this.
    04-16-13 07:17 AM
    I'm with you. I said very early on that the z10 is more like a first generation iPhone than a new and modern smartphone.

I woke up 2 hours late this morning because sometime during the night my device locked up. It was just frozen in time. I had to do a battery pull to get on with the day.

With all the glitches and failures of the phone- and they're all here on CB to read through - I can't in good conscious recommend it either.

Posted via CB10
    I cannot believe this garbage is going on with the Z10! Wasnt this phone delayed and delayed so that Blackberry could release a perfect device? It's shocking to me that people are accepting of the reboots, contact disasters, laggy text messaging, awful battery and any of the other ridiculous problems that this phone is having.

I have used every smartphone platform and this phone is barely above an early build of android when it comes to bugs and glitches. This is completely unacceptable and this can't go on.

I've had reboots on phone calls with customers 6 times now. My contacts are all over the place, the battery barely lasts till 2pm with moderate usage (and its not signal strength as I don't have this problem with other phones and have also tried two different batteries). I mean come on BLACKBERRY, get your **** together or you are going to lose a ton of loyal customers. I could not in clear conscience recommend this phone to anyone right now and that is a real shame because it has some great features, but now the bad far outweighs the good. Flame me if you want, but I had to speak my mind on this.
    I think you should take a chill pill and relax. The phone has been the best for me and I don't think I am alone in saying that.

Posted via CB10
    tangyboy likes this.
    Yah, I'm still having reboots, even after the update. But my lag went away completely after the first few days. Battery greatly increased too.

I honestly think the reboots is an issue with apps hanging and causing memory leaks. I've noticed a drop in memory and immediately after there is a reboot.

This should have been noticed during testing, But as far as the phone, I'm beginning to fall in love with it. I find myself swiping on my iPhone!!!!
    04-16-13 07:18 AM
    The problem is that it's not 2007 and when the iPhone launched it was aimed at the ipod generation, not the business sector.

Blackberry can't hide behind the first generation crap, it's been making phones forever.

This needed to be right from the start - forget the apps, the phone needs to work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-13 07:18 AM

You now live in a world where you have your choice of only *2* phones. First Gen. Iphone or First Gen. BB10. Which phone do you choose?. I think the choice is obvious. Please stop your bickering and get a phone that you DO LIKE!. Eventually you'll be back to blackberry anyway.
    Net_Surfer and tangyboy like this.
    04-16-13 07:19 AM
    I haven't had any of your problems OP except for duplicate contacts. I don't care about duplicate contacts. You really need to exchange your phone. I think at this point it's clear you bought a lemon.

Posted via CB10
    undone likes this.
    04-16-13 07:19 AM
    Sorry sir, you are correct. I've had one reboot and that was on the old update. Battery life is pretty decent to be honest. So I can't relate, and for that I apologize.
    I didn't mean to flame, but I think you should do a back up, and re-install the software.
    Btw, did you import any contacts from your sim? I think that might be a little buggy
    04-16-13 07:20 AM
    I'm sorry that you and others are having issues, but it's important to remember that the plural of anecdote is not data. Not ALL z10 are disasters, so I don't think the problems you have are indicative of a failed product or platform. Hope they fix soon, though!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:20 AM
    You got a lemon, so exchange it.

Posted via CB10
    anon5129477 likes this.
    04-16-13 07:21 AM
    Ya some people have reported issues but no one has reported having all of what you posted at once. So your just repeating what others have said and pretending having them

I for one have had it since the Canadian release, my only issue was the duplicates contacts with Gmail, I switch everything to Google and the problem was taken care of.

No reboot, no sms lag, no over heating and battery is doing fine so far.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    04-16-13 07:21 AM
    Someone say cookies?
    04-16-13 07:22 AM
    Someone say cookies?
    You sir, know what I'm talking about
    Emir Zulkharnain likes this.
    04-16-13 07:25 AM
    I'm glad you think it's funny, but when you are running a business and this stuff is happening and it impacts your business it really isn't.
    If your running a business, put your SIM back into your Backup device and carry on. Of course you do have a backup contingency right? As rough as it is, sometimes cwap happens.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    04-16-13 07:25 AM
    The problem is that it's not 2007 and when the iPhone launched it was aimed at the ipod generation, not the business sector.

Blackberry can't hide behind the first generation crap, it's been making phones forever.

This needed to be right from the start - forget the apps, the phone needs to work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Say what you want, but the fact remains that although BlackBerry has been making phones forever; those devices were based on BBOS and it's variations. BlackBerry 10 is completely new, built from the ground up... There is bound to be some issues. Those issues will be addressed. I have an IT background and I can tell you that EVERY new Operating System (regardless of the platform it is intended to run on) has issues. These issues are discovered as people are using it, with various combinations of apps (software in the case of computers/servers, etc). It is impossible to discover all the potential issues until the software is actually released and used by the masses. Once issues are discovered, they are addressed by updates, etc. It is not an easy task.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    04-16-13 07:26 AM
    Now I am starting to feel like I bought the wrong phone! Maybe I should exchange mine cause it doesn't behave at all like OP's BlackBerry. Unfortunately I never had a reboot, I use Google for over 1000 contacts and no duplicates, battery last over 10 hours with moderate use, text and BBM are a blaze.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:28 AM
    Now I am starting to feel like I bought the wrong phone! Maybe I should exchange mine cause it doesn't behave at all like OP's BlackBerry. Unfortunately I never had a reboot, I use Google for over 1000 contacts and no duplicates, battery last over 10 hours with moderate use, text and BBM are a blaze.

Posted via CB10
    I see what you did there..

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:29 AM
    Ya some people have reported issues but no one has reported having all of what you posted at once. So your just repeating what others have said and pretending having them

I for one have had it since the Canadian release, my only issue was the duplicates contacts with Gmail, I switch everything to Google and the problem was taken care of.

No reboot, no sms lag, no over heating and battery is doing fine so far.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah ok.
    04-16-13 07:29 AM
    Forget the cookies. What ever happened to the bacon we were promised at the US launch? Now serious - I love my Z10. Swiping, Hub, and Flow. Could be a great song title.
    04-16-13 07:31 AM
    While I am sure some people are having issues, it seems these rant type posts are always "running a business". It adds a bit of flare I guess. If you are running a business, you will just do what you need to do, such as get a different device. Now for people not "running a business", I hope you hang in there as the OS progresses. Nothing comes out new perfect.
    04-16-13 07:31 AM
152 123 ...