Right. You're number one in Tierra Del Fuego.
    The media bias is receding, their stock is up and non bb die hards are suddenly switching. How are they doing badly exactly?
    02-09-13 11:05 AM
    With regards to the contacts not syncing, I had the same problem with my BOLD. I removed any groups in my contact list and then the sync worked perfectly. The problem now is I can't figure out how to build a group on my Z10. Any help there?
    02-09-13 11:32 AM
    #1- The media bias could be based on anti-BB feeling within the media itself. That doesn't count.
    #2-The stock goes up, and goes down. Last year, i sold short at $15.00 and bought back at $8.00. Made a killing, so that doesn't count.
    #3-Who exactly are these non BB die-hards, that are suddenly switching? Got any names. Within my circle of friends, the iPhone people(my family, except for me), are not switching to BB. The Android people that i know(including myself), are not switching. The BB people that i work with(the largest percentage of my friends), will not buy the Z10. True, only some have tried it, but word of mouth travels real fast. They are loyal to BB, but will wait for the Q10, hoping that by that time, most of the bugs will have been worked out of the OS. I'm not looking to start an argument here, just stating my opinion, and that of my friends.
    02-09-13 11:48 AM
    this thread is so stupid.

OP, how can we help you with the phone you returned?? lulz

No, i'll thank you OP, cause we've been told that we should try devices for ourselves, and own every device so we know everything about every device, but I'll ignore the droiders this one time and based on your OP I will no longer be looking at the Z10. I'm gonna go get that android device that does 3D photos and then I'm gonna flash the ROM and get some cool widgets, all while having all my data mined, so much fun.

Can't wait for more of these threads. Thanks mods for not consolidating them. Just imagine how much fun it'll be here with the US release. lulz
    02-09-13 11:57 AM
    i have not read the thread fully as it just seems augmentative. im new to bb coming from ios and android. its interesting to hear that many bb folks who have been with bb for years dont seem to like it much. who knows, maybe us android and ios boys and girls who have jumped to bb may be the saviour......as we never knew it before to us its a new baby......needs care and attention at the beginning, then it can grow into a nice, happy blackberry.

so far, needs work but the potential is there.
    KasukeSadiki and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-09-13 12:06 PM
    It is sad when we have to close threads. Doing so reminds us that certain members simply can't just agree to disagree...
    Jacco Paauw likes this.
    02-09-13 12:21 PM
    #1- The media bias could be based on anti-BB feeling within the media itself. That doesn't count.
    #2-The stock goes up, and goes down. Last year, i sold short at $15.00 and bought back at $8.00. Made a killing, so that doesn't count.
    #3-Who exactly are these non BB die-hards, that are suddenly switching? Got any names. Within my circle of friends, the iPhone people(my family, except for me), are not switching to BB. The Android people that i know(including myself), are not switching. The BB people that i work with(the largest percentage of my friends), will not buy the Z10. True, only some have tried it, but word of mouth travels real fast. They are loyal to BB, but will wait for the Q10, hoping that by that time, most of the bugs will have been worked out of the OS. I'm not looking to start an argument here, just stating my opinion, and that of my friends.
    1) which is changing.
    2) it helps rim stay afloat
    3) there are examples all over the forum. You seem only interested in going out of your way to find posts that reinforce your views it seems. Try going in some of the more positively titled threads and see for yourself. There are countless stories by switchers themselves or of those who know iphone/android users who are suddenly coveting the z10. The only reason you challenge me to give you names is because you know no one could be bothered to do such a thing for your sake, so that you can sit there and give yourself an excuse to ignore the first hand accounts and nurse your own denial mechanism born of feeling spurned. Boo hoo.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-09-13 12:32 PM
    we do not merge threads, never have. Other topics are closed generally when they are about the same article and such.
    Is it just me, or should we be suspicious of members that just joined and are telling us how bad the Z10 is? I never give much credibility to a new member? But then again, most people join forums when they are having a problem with what ever they are having a problem with? Then they ask for help. Why join a forum just to say my what ever I bought sucks, and I returned it to the store? Go look at most long term posters here, and you will find they came looking for help on their first post.
    02-09-13 01:38 PM
    No 'sorry' in the OP? wasn't that the trend?
    b320 likes this.
    02-09-13 01:44 PM
    thank thank
    02-09-13 01:57 PM
    Is it just me, or should we be suspicious of members that just joined and are telling us how bad the Z10 is? I never give much credibility to a new member? But then again, most people join forums when they are having a problem with what ever they are having a problem with? Then they ask for help. Why join a forum just to say my what ever I bought sucks, and I returned it to the store? Go look at most long term posters here, and you will find they came looking for help on their first post.
    sure i agree its not really the best first post but the post clearly is not trolling nor is the OP a known troll. If he came on here said the z10 sucks, BB is dead android and iphone are way better and that was it Then thread would be closed, user banned etc. He didnt though, he thoroughly listed items that he had issues with and that is the big different. Some are legit and some are probably just not knowing the device. Either way there is no reason to be hostile.
    Jacco Paauw and lotuslanderz like this.
    02-09-13 03:19 PM
    I too am having the same issues ( can't sync my contacts and calendars, carrying around two phones , disappointment with no sync with outlook and all that you have shared)

I can't believe after three years the never got it right.
    02-09-13 03:51 PM
    Its burning hot coz its made out of plastic
    02-09-13 03:53 PM
    omg!!

nice title change. Someones indecisive. So now you're just thinking about it? Couldn't have you gone with the less flame-bait title originally? this is such a joke.

Seriously, we need one thread for this. Having multiple is stupid, that leaves us searching multiple threads for all the answers. It would be smart to put in all into one so we have a summary. How about it howarmat? or does it make you giddy to see multiple threads with same flame-bait title (did you change it?). How come you are no longer on top of things like you usually are with closing positive redundant threads.......

OP, you were convincing enough with your first post. Return it! too many deal breakers for you, 3 days is enough. I'm not even going to try it based on what you said.

edit: this is too good, the OP actually made the same post in another thread. lulz. Looking forward to more of these threads.
    02-09-13 03:56 PM
    A quick resume of issues during 3 days of ownership:
    1. First Z10 overheated and was burning hot good for my hands on a cold day but disconcerting and a major drain on battery life - died after 3 hours after full charge. Solution - phone replaced no repeat issue.
    2. Can't upload my contacts from my existing bold 9780 tried everything and no joy. Having to carry around 2 phones at moment old Bold and new z10 not practical. No resolution still tried blue tooth, saving to media card, BBerry link software all do not facilitate. Solution - none found.
    3. No sync with Outlook. This is really cheesing me off as it could have resolved issue 2 at a stroke and allowed me to deal with synching my Calendar And notes. Solution - none found.
    4. Phone freeze - have experienced this 2 times so far in 3 days : i) phone froze and wouldn't allow me to the end a call. The call stayed live for 2 mins until I removed the battery ii) keyboard wouldn't retract when viewing a picture.
    5. The magnifying glass function when correcting individual letters in a word is poor compared to others I have used (iPad) no I don't have an iPhone and am not an Apple devotee.
    6. No push email - 15 mins is too long! I love my bold for this and this is a major black mark - No solution
    7. Interference with BT Home hub - as noted by other users this is a major issue and affects all of my devices running wifi but only when the Z10 is in WiFi mode. I now only use Z10 in 3G mode at home - No solution

DEAL BREAKERS:
    No push email!
    No contacts and calendar sync!
    Making a call and functionality within the call menu is not good!

Unfortunately I will be returning my Z10 and going retrograde for a Bold 9900 - fingers crossed for the Q10. I use my BBerry as a work tool I receive 3 separate business emails and the Z10 doesn't improve my current mobile experience. Web, music and the rest are nice to have but if it doesn't perform the above elements then as a prerequisite of being a phone and email/PDA then for me it's a deal breaker.

I love my bold and as you will note am staying with BBerry and sincerely hope the issues raised can be resolved, I'd be back with the z10 in a flash but until then I can't sacrifice my work efficiency.

I have never written on a forum before but felt compelled to write about my personal experiences of the new Z10 and hope that you found them informative but please try the phone for yourself and make up your own mind it is a good device and I'll miss it but the above issues are non negotiables for me and I'm amazed they've been consciously dropped by BBerry
    Send it to me!
    02-09-13 04:38 PM
    Seems like this device is causing us problems, BB has had time to put this device out, I would have expected some minor issues. When i switched my device on for the first time the screen wouldn't respond to to any gestures. Had to get it replaced! But I am happy to persevere for now. 10.1 should be a sight for sore eyes.
    02-09-13 04:45 PM
    Thanks for your opinion. I for one am waiting for the #Q10 myself. All the things you listed are important to me as well. Its nice to see something on here that isn't extreme fanboyism or bashing. Like you said you're not abandoning BB.
    Thank you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 05:07 PM
    I'm not sure whether they helped you with your issues...so don't bite my head if it was already answered

1. First Z10 overheated and was burning hot good for my hands on a cold day but disconcerting and a major drain on battery life - died after 3 hours after full charge. Solution - phone replaced no repeat issue.
    Glad this is solved
    2. Can't upload my contacts from my existing bold 9780 tried everything and no joy. Having to carry around 2 phones at moment old Bold and new z10 not practical. No resolution still tried blue tooth, saving to media card, BBerry link software all do not facilitate. Solution - none found.
    Don't you have Blackberry Protect? It backs up texts, contacts etc...I simply logged in and all my stuff were transferred.
    Secondly don't you have gmail? the moment you add that account everything from google is connected on your phone, contacts etc etc...

3. No sync with Outlook. This is really cheesing me off as it could have resolved issue 2 at a stroke and allowed me to deal with synching my Calendar And notes. Solution - none found.
    Doesn't outlook have active sync? shouldn't it work, i could swear the z10 supported Active sync? (I'm just asking).
    5. The magnifying glass function when correcting individual letters in a word is poor compared to others I have used (iPad) no I don't have an iPhone and am not an Apple devotee.+
    I have used Iphones/Ipad and I actually thought the opposite...I fnd this one to be much easier to go back on where i needed to correct and i have medium lenght nail..imagine for someone with no nails...again, could be just preferences.
    6. No push email - 15 mins is too long! I love my bold for this and this is a major black mark - No solution
    I'll have to disagree with you...again...it could be an issue with the type of provider? I'm using gmail and e-mails are instant most of the time....

Good luck
    Bobcat665 and bitek like this.
    02-09-13 05:48 PM
    Oh my god. Okay so you can't call from hub. Great. Can you call any arbitrary number from the iPhones dropdown shade or androids notification shade OR ANY PLATFORMS NOTIFICATIONS? No? Oh interesting... Well maybe you should just swipe up and hit the phone icon. Boom problem solved. Why does everyone need to have their own special idea of where the most convenient place for a feature is. If we were able to access everything from everywhere it would be a HUGE mess. I may have to rage quit CrackBerry for a while if this keeps up...

EDIT: This is a general rant. I will say that some of the points appear to be valid from what I have read. This is not an attack on OP however aggressive it may sound.
    02-09-13 11:30 PM
    In many eyes it did but some thing it needs to be more perfect. I know many want everything in a OS but its hard to do that.
    You won't get an argument out of me there. Some people will never be happy no matter what BlackBerry does. It makes me wonder why they even want a Z10. Maybe so they'll have something to complain about.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-10-13 12:16 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4s-z10-768163/

A very useful thread to ref. I believe the OP deals with Outlook sync in post #52.
    That really is an excellent thread! Lots of useful info on the Z10 regardless of what phone you're migrating from.
    02-10-13 06:33 AM
    I'm not sure whether they helped you with your issues...so don't bite my head if it was already answered

Glad this is solved
    Don't you have Blackberry Protect? It backs up texts, contacts etc...I simply logged in and all my stuff were transferred.
    Secondly don't you have gmail? the moment you add that account everything from google is connected on your phone, contacts etc etc...

Doesn't outlook have active sync? shouldn't it work, i could swear the z10 supported Active sync? (I'm just asking).

5. The magnifying glass function when correcting individual letters in a word is poor compared to others I have used (iPad) no I don't have an iPhone and am not an Apple devotee.+
    I have used Iphones/Ipad and I actually thought the opposite...I fnd this one to be much easier to go back on where i needed to correct and i have medium lenght nail..imagine for someone with no nails...again, could be just preferences.
    I'll have to disagree with you...again...it could be an issue with the type of provider? I'm using gmail and e-mails are instant most of the time....

Good luck
    They are talking about ms outlook stand alone computer app (I think) not outlook.com
    02-10-13 06:41 AM
    Excuse me but you're wrong it has limited push only with Gmail and another plus only stores the last 30 days max email both ow hitch are worse than my existing Bold.
    You can't make a fresh call to a new number not listed in the Calls menu that displays missed calls - fact.
    You would know this if you actually owned a z10
    It has full push e-mail. The fact that there is a limit to 30-day on gmail sync doesn't change that.
    02-10-13 06:52 AM
    02-10-13 07:47 AM
    sure i agree its not really the best first post but the post clearly is not trolling nor is the OP a known troll. If he came on here said the z10 sucks, BB is dead android and iphone are way better and that was it Then thread would be closed, user banned etc. He didnt though, he thoroughly listed items that he had issues with and that is the big different. Some are legit and some are probably just not knowing the device. Either way there is no reason to be hostile.
    I know you are trying to stay open minded and that makes for a good mod. But seriously would you but something, take it back to a store and then go thought the trouble to join a forum to report this? Or would you consider yourself to be a troll for doing so? I do not recall ever doing such a thing myself, and I have returned many unsatisfactory items.

Then again, maybe the OP used BBs for years, loved them and did not like the radical change? Under those circumstances I make comment?
    02-10-13 08:42 AM
177 ... 45678