Yes in the HUB you can not but that does not mean anything. You have a call feature & button for a reason for calling. The HUB is for looking what missed emails, text, calls & such you have.
    Technically, I believe the hub is for looking at all emails, texts, bbm, twitter, calls and so on. LOL
    02-10-13 08:58 AM
    I too am having the same issues ( can't sync my contacts and calendars, carrying around two phones , disappointment with no sync with outlook and all that you have shared)

I can't believe after three years the never got it right.
    Are you using Gmail?
    02-10-13 08:59 AM
    With regards to the contacts not syncing, I had the same problem with my BOLD. I removed any groups in my contact list and then the sync worked perfectly. The problem now is I can't figure out how to build a group on my Z10. Any help there?
    Go into BBM, tap Groups and then tap Create New Group
    02-10-13 09:01 AM
    Hi

i have exactly the issues/problems as Threadstarter.
    Iam coming from iPhone/Android and my levely BB9900.

Iam very surprised about freezing calls, not working keyboard or Touchscreen.
    Also the bad battery life

Blackberry had enough time for developing their OS to a real new level.
    But this is not.

I will not flame to BB, i love my Bold, but this sucks really.
    02-10-13 11:34 AM
    Go into BBM, tap Groups and then tap Create New Group
    I believe they were referring to groups in email, not BBM. At least that's the impression I got from the post.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 04:08 PM
    Ok, to summarize - so....the OP pissed off many people because there were issues he was personally having. He is thinking of returning or may have already returned the device. Many do not agree on the issues he is having. He is a troll because this is his first post.

Personally I feel the first problem is people just do not want to hear any negativity about Blackberry. That is when the responses get very defensive. We all should understand there is and will be a learning curve to a new OS and new phone. Some people take longer to get there and may miss certain things the phone can or cannot do. Instead of attacking, state your opinion and thoughts nicely. Understandably there may be many of these threads now started by new people to the phone and to these forums. I personally live in the US. When Sprint is getting the Z10 or Q10 is up in the air. I am due for my upgrade on March 1st. I like to read these threads to see what opinions EVERYONE is having about the phone.

I am a Android user. When I first got it, I loved it and praised it every moment I could. As time went on I learned all of its shortcomings and I cannot wait to move on to the next phone. However, as much as I like to read the positive things, the negative things also allow me to learn about the phones. What is not constructive is all the darn bashing and every thread turns into a hate thread. I thought everyone was going to be nicer and more understanding. We all knew there would be droves of newbies coming to these forums. All opinions should be welcomed and if you do not agree with someone else's opinion, NICELY tell them that and tell them why. That is how we all learn. I am actually turned off to BB10 itself because of all the negativity on here. That is just really sad. Bash me if you want based on my post, but this is how I feel.
    02-10-13 04:16 PM
    @wafa-- You took the thought right out of my mind. I used to enjoy visiting this site for helpful hints, instructions and opinions, but now this place is just full of very unsavory individuals who'd rather focus on name-calling, insults, accusations and just basic nonconstructive dialogs. At times, I even thought this was an Apple fanboys site-- the slightest hint of any negative Blackberry voice brings out the most heathens of responses!

Kevin, please read them the Riot Act again and crack the whip!
    02-10-13 05:21 PM
    OK, Firstly, Thanks everyone for your comments.
    IMPORTANT : I DID NOT APPROVE THE CHANGE OF TITLE TO MY THREAD SO THAT IS TAKING BIG BROTHER TOO FAR! CAN YOU REINSTATE MY ORIGINAL TITLE IMMEDIATELY OR CHANGE IT TO "RETURNING MY Z10"

UPDATE OF OWNERSHIP SINCE 6/02/13:
    I have persevered with the Z10 (and carrying two phones) to ensure I have not been hasty. Unfortunately, I am returning it tomorrow. I do like elements of the phone but it is fundamentally a work tool for me and that means emails, phone, outlook desktop sync and contacts. I also find the screen rotation is a bit random and quite often flicks between portrait and landscape even when lying flat on the table.

Anyway having exhausted the skill base of 3 separate Vodafone assistants none of whom could resolve my issues, I am going back to my old Bold and will await the Q10 launch.

Just to clear up any misinformation these are the facts according to my experience :
    1. You can't phone from the Hub you have to swipe a couple of times to get into the relevant menu.
    2. Once in the phone menu you can't type the first few letters of a name and the options for the J's (say Joanne) if I type "joa" as you do for the existing bold. This was a lovely feature and much lamented by me personally other users may like the current slightly longer route.
    3. The battery is poor and I personally find I have to charge the phone once during the day around 1/2 pm (to back up an all night charge that gets removed at 7am). I don't know if this is worse or better than other smartphones the Vodafone guys said all of the smartphones are pretty bad when compared to the existing Bolds. I can't live with that so the old Bold wins for me on that score.
    4. The push function on the Z10 only works with GMail - not my BT account or work accounts with LCN and Vistaprint. It is noticeably slower than my Bold. Old Bold wins again.
    5. Outlook Sync - Tried active sync - it posts an error message and other "fan boys" acknowledge this see threads above.
    6. Tried to "email business cards" .vcf of my 1200 contacts from one email account to another and this was taking so long I got to the d's and gave up but will yield results if you've got 2 days to spare but still no sync.
    7. Battery does overheat if running a few apps simultaneously.
    8. Messes with BT home hub wifi connection - have to turn wifi off on z10 at home.

In summary it is a nice phone - like the music function and the text predict is clever but the deal breakers remain for me and I have just agreed with my Carrier that I can hand the phone back.

As a serious business phone user this is not the phone for me, I'm not saying the IPone or S3 is the solution, all in all, I am despondent because I was so looking forward to my new BB even going out of contract for 1.5 years whilst I waited for the launch of this phone, my confidence has been shaken but I'm not deterred, here's hoping the issues I raise are resolved and the Q10 looks after the long serving BB users retaining its tradditional strengths and bringing new one's to the fore, I believe you would call it evolution not revolution.

Some have questioned my motives - bottom line, not one of the reviews by any of the major reviewers The Independent released one today - points out the issues I have raised and had they done so, I would have been able to make a more informed choice - that's it plain and simple. I am a normal intensive business user not a techie or IT user but I do have self taught I nous and can resolve most issues. Trouble is when you buy a �500 phone should you really have to go searching on the internet for this solution or that? To me it should be contained in the software suite released with the phone. .

This website does have some unsavoury characters that prefer to character assassinate but I suppose it takes all sorts.

Good luck to you all and may you find the phone that's right for you whatever that may be, there is no panacea, we all have different needs and preferences just be clear in your own mind what you want and do your research but there's no substitute for trying it!
    JeepBB and guinnkevinr like this.
    02-11-13 09:43 AM
    Ok, to summarize - so....the OP pissed off many people because there were issues he was personally having. He is thinking of returning or may have already returned the device. Many do not agree on the issues he is having. He is a troll because this is his first post.

Personally I feel the first problem is people just do not want to hear any negativity about Blackberry. That is when the responses get very defensive. We all should understand there is and will be a learning curve to a new OS and new phone. Some people take longer to get there and may miss certain things the phone can or cannot do. Instead of attacking, state your opinion and thoughts nicely. Understandably there may be many of these threads now started by new people to the phone and to these forums. I personally live in the US. When Sprint is getting the Z10 or Q10 is up in the air. I am due for my upgrade on March 1st. I like to read these threads to see what opinions EVERYONE is having about the phone.

I am a Android user. When I first got it, I loved it and praised it every moment I could. As time went on I learned all of its shortcomings and I cannot wait to move on to the next phone. However, as much as I like to read the positive things, the negative things also allow me to learn about the phones. What is not constructive is all the darn bashing and every thread turns into a hate thread. I thought everyone was going to be nicer and more understanding. We all knew there would be droves of newbies coming to these forums. All opinions should be welcomed and if you do not agree with someone else's opinion, NICELY tell them that and tell them why. That is how we all learn. I am actually turned off to BB10 itself because of all the negativity on here. That is just really sad. Bash me if you want based on my post, but this is how I feel.
    Thank you for your common sense and honesty.
    02-11-13 10:07 AM
    Again you are blaming BBRY for something they have no control over. BBRY doesn't manage LCNs, or Vistaprint's servers. Is it BBRY's fault that those people don't have push support? NO.. STOP BLAMING BBRY BECAUSE OTHER COMPANIES DON'T PROVIDE PUSH SUPPORT for THEIR EMAILS. Damn you brits are squarely in your thinking. I don't know what BT is but if its not owned by BBRY they don't manage it thus they aren't responsible for it either, so take it up with them not BBRY. Its like saying your iPhone won't connect to your car's console so you instead of going to the manufacture of your car to find out why you simply blame Apple for it!

I hope you have enjoy whatever you device to switch to, even if its your old BB device which its services may stop working a year or two as BBRY has made it clear that they are moving in a different direction now. Likely they will stop supporting the older devices sooner rather than later as there is no money in it for them to support them. So you will only have a choose between the two security lacking devices iSheep and Android, oh sorry I mean 3..and WinBlows.
    Leaving aside the slur on my nationality and using your vernacular "If it ain't broke don't fix it"? It worked on my old Bold so why not on the new one? That is a BB issue not caused by the server.
    Hey, like I said, each to their own and for me for the time being the old is better than the new.
    JeepBB and guinnkevinr like this.
    02-11-13 10:57 AM
    Wood hooo

I can only add that apple has icloud, Google has well Google and Microsoft has outlook.com

Now blackberry is at the mercy of the other mail service providers.

An guess what, exchange may just work better with windows phone

In fact it already is because on windows phone you get complete Microsoft office with one note /sharepoint integration.

As experience shows big guys won't let the gnommy enjoy all the tricks they keep to themselves.

If anything could be learnt from apple is that now companies don't just sell phones, they sell ecosystems of complete experience and solutions.

For instance all big platforms allow you to have your contacts calendars and mails to sync with their servers. And in case of blackberry you have to use....their competitors for your private emails.

Opt Out likes this.
    02-11-13 11:13 AM
    Leaving aside the slur on my nationality and using your vernacular "If it ain't broke don't fix it"? It worked on my old Bold so why not on the new one? That is a BB issue not caused by the server.
    Hey, like I said, each to their own and for me for the time being the old is better than the new.
    You are comparing apples to oranges with the same name brand associated to them, the BlackBerry 10 is a different...again RIM has stated the BB10 is a device in which they are going in a different direction. Likely if you accounts worked on the Bold not using BIS they should work on the BB10 thus its possible you aren't doing something correctly when setting/configuring them. I find the BB10 is more like that PB when it comes to setting up email which is different the BB devices pre-BB10.

Eventually you'll have to make the change again and take some time and learn how to use it properly without rushing into it with the same knowledge that you have your old device expecting it to work the same way. Either that or put with Apple, Android and or Windows which will be a new learning curve all together, but even if you get through anyone of those applying the skill to the BB10 will be second nature.
    02-11-13 11:38 AM
    I actually come to these forums to read posts by people who have experience with the Z10 so that I can get informed about and excited for the phone prior to actually being able to get one. I like reading the good and bad things that people are experiencing so that i know what to keep an eye out for when it's here in the states. Thank you OP for sharing your opinion and it's a shame people here are giving you a hard time for posting in a forum (Where people go to post and read about these things) about your experiences.
    Opt Out likes this.
    02-11-13 12:52 PM
    Again you are blaming BBRY for something they have no control over. BBRY doesn't manage LCNs, or Vistaprint's servers. Is it BBRY's fault that those people don't have push support? NO.. STOP BLAMING BBRY BECAUSE OTHER COMPANIES DON'T PROVIDE PUSH SUPPORT for THEIR EMAILS. Damn you brits are squarely in your thinking. I don't know what BT is but if its not owned by BBRY they don't manage it thus they aren't responsible for it either, so take it up with them not BBRY. Its like saying your iPhone won't connect to your car's console so you instead of going to the manufacture of your car to find out why you simply blame Apple for it!
    I hope you have enjoy whatever you device to switch to, even if its your old BB device which its services may stop working a year or two as BBRY has made it clear that they are moving in a different direction now. Likely they will stop supporting the older devices sooner rather than later as there is no money in it for them to support them. So you will only have a choose between the two security lacking devices iSheep and Android, oh sorry I mean 3..and WinBlows.
    Name calling and crossing the line man. Way to take a fun experience of a new launch and just be a buzzkill
    Opt Out likes this.
    02-11-13 12:59 PM
    There is push with Gmail. I suggest that you use active sync to setup your gmail on the Z10 and don't simply use the option where you just enter your email password. While simple, it does not seem to work as good and does not allow users to see all options. The instructions are below and as you can see in my screen shot there is push email, contact and calendar syncing. Make sure you have IMAP turned on for your Gmail, instructions for IMAP on Gmail are here.

• Swipe down from the top bezel
    • Select Settings
    • Select Accounts
    • Select Add Account
    • Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen
    • Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    • Complete all desired and required fields - Server address: m.google.com and Port:443
    • Select Next
    • Select your synchronization options

Some issues with my z10, thinking about returning it-img_00000044.jpg
    02-11-13 01:31 PM
    There is push with Gmail. I suggest that you use active sync to setup your gmail on the Z10 and don't simply use the option where you just enter your email password. While simple, it does not seem to work as good and does not allow users to see all options. The instructions are below and as you can see in my screen shot there is push email, contact and calendar syncing. Make sure you have IMAP turned on for your Gmail, instructions for IMAP on Gmail are here.

• Select Settings
    • Select Accounts
    • Select Add Account
    • Complete all desired and required fields - Server address: m.google.com and Port:443
    • Select Next

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000044.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	135352
    Active sync is not available for new free Gmail accounts. That might be his issue

02-11-13 01:38 PM

• Select Settings
    • Select Accounts
    • Select Add Account
    • Select Next

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000044.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	135352
    Thank you but I don't want to forward my email to another account or open a GMail account. I have already posted the position with regard to active sync and it doesn't work with my email accounts. Would be easer to just sync with outlook on desktop as per before.
    02-11-13 03:13 PM
    I actually come to these forums to read posts by people who have experience with the Z10 so that I can get informed about and excited for the phone prior to actually being able to get one. I like reading the good and bad things that people are experiencing so that i know what to keep an eye out for when it's here in the states. Thank you OP for sharing your opinion and it's a shame people here are giving you a hard time for posting in a forum (Where people go to post and read about these things) about your experiences.
    Precisely! No malice in my words just personal experience from an existing BB user hoping my comments will affect change from the BB management and staff that undoubtedly read theses posts. Cutting to the chase, I would accept the other issues if the phone was allowed to sync with my desktop Outlook, One respondent on here said circa March for that update. They're working on it now. It is a good phone and the longer I have it the more I like it, hopefully the link soft ware update will do what it was supposed to like its predecessor and we'll get that evolution we all want and for BB to succeed.
    02-11-13 03:22 PM
    Thank you but I don't want to forward my email to another account or open a GMail account. I have already posted the position with regard to active sync and it doesn't work with my email accounts. Would be easer to just sync with outlook on desktop as per before.
    Thanks for your review and frustration, so you are back to the 9930? I might just hang onto mine until it dies? Makes me glad I have till summer to replace my phone for free with VZW, other wise I might have ran out and got the Z10 and hated it, like I did my Android? Maybe the Q10 will be OK? Real buttons make life better.
    02-11-13 03:25 PM
    Thanks for your review and frustration, so you are back to the 9930? I might just hang onto mine until it dies? Makes me glad I have till summer to replace my phone for free with VZW, other wise I might have ran out and got the Z10 and hated it, like I did my Android? Maybe the Q10 will be OK? Real buttons make life better.
    Hi. I'm going to ring BB Support tomorrow to see if there is any truth to the sync software upgrade and make my decision. I think I 'm still going to return it and wait for the q10/ sync software fix at least then I've got options.
    I thought I'd be a real button guy for life but do like the new touch screen virtual keyboard, predictive text is fun and works most of the time.
    BTW battery life has improved markedly the more days charge and recharge it has hadZ. I now get circa. 10 - 11 hrs usage by managing my settings and alerts and using led alone instead of sound and vibrate.
    I'm not going up on BB just optimistically hoping we can look forward to resolution of some of these issues.
    Will post BB customer services reply tomorrow.
    02-11-13 03:39 PM
    Opt Out, I would love the bigger screen on the Z10, but I have a feeling it is too Droid like? I guess I will get all I can out of the 9930, I mostly do emails and phone calls, so it is sufficient for that.
    02-11-13 05:53 PM
    Sure it took them 6 years but honestly let's not forget how long has blackberry been around
    blackberries have been around for awhile blackberry 10 ....6 days..
    02-11-13 06:08 PM
    They are talking about ms outlook stand alone computer app (I think) not outlook.com

ahh I see!
    02-19-13 09:22 PM
    I have push email to my BMW no problems. What the heck are you talking about. No sync with outlook...are you drinking or what?
    02-19-13 09:37 PM
    Wow another thread with minor issues that can be resolved and the user wants to return it cause they are being to childish

My goodness i read your so called issues Iphone Fanboy and i tell ya go get a good day job as we not need you hear.

I have to ask is it only the 12-14 yrs returning devices and telling mommy and daddy the phone sucks cause they dont know how to use it?
    02-19-13 09:46 PM
177 ... 5678