If they had held it more, everyone would have bashed them & RIM aka BlackBerry would have lost. They could not afford waiting anymore & so they released it. Every OS & everything in this world ( Electronic) has bugs / issues with them. For example look at Apple. In 2010 they released the iPhone 4, there was a signal problem & Steve Jobs said " You are holding it the wrong way". What did Apple do? Give out a lame case to fix the issue. They took their time to fix the issue on the update. Same goes for the 4S & look at the 5. No phone & OS is perfect.
    But in my eyes the Z10 and OS10 come pretty damn close
    02-09-13 09:12 AM
    And it was already delayed (twice or three times). Heins couldn't afford to delay it again. It was being launched 30 January come **** or high water. Or snow (that's a US snowstorm joke).

It's a 1.0 OS. If people want to return their Zed10s, that is their call. It is not a finished product. CrackBerry Kevin has a list of over 100 issues he has forwarded to BlackBerry. An acquaintance of mine and I have a list north of 70. Some have no issues at all.

Now the challenge will be how quickly BlackBerry gets updates and fixes out. And, of course, more applications.
    If they don't change anything before the US launch, it could get messier.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:14 AM
    Look, they got a LOT right about the Z10. That does not mean there are not gaps and bugs. For an iteration one OS and device, it is very powerful and works very well, but there are needs for updates to address issues and gaps.

The real factor in long term success will be how quickly they patch to fix issues and add functionality to fill gaps.
    Agreed!. More updates will come later on to fix the little issues & bugs some are having. This is why companies release updates. Hopefully BlackBerry releases the next update before the US gets the phone!.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:14 AM
    And it was already delayed (twice or three times). Heins couldn't afford to delay it again. It was being launched 30 January come **** or high water. Or snow (that's a US snowstorm joke).

It's a 1.0 OS. If people want to return their Zed10s, that is their call. It is not a finished product. CrackBerry Kevin has a list of over 100 issues he has forwarded to BlackBerry. An acquaintance of mine and I have a list north of 70. Some have no issues at all.

Now the challenge will be how quickly BlackBerry gets updates and fixes out. And, of course, more applications.
    If they don't change anything before the US launch, it could get messier.
    I have a list around 30 issues i have seen & want fixed as well. Some may not want things fixed or some may not have any issues that is true. Like i said, i hope BlacBerry starts releasing updates sooner then later. Most likely a update will come out before the US release but we do not know that for sure.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:16 AM
    But in my eyes the Z10 and OS10 come pretty damn close
    In many eyes it did but some thing it needs to be more perfect. I know many want everything in a OS but its hard to do that.
    02-09-13 09:17 AM
    And now we wait for maintenance releases/bug fixes to an OS that is on a device that isn't launched globally.
    We don't know if the carriers have to test each version (some need more time to test - ahem).
    And I know BlackBerry is under New Leadership, but the PlayBook lack of updates left a bad taste...
    02-09-13 09:19 AM
    And now we wait for maintenance releases/bug fixes to an OS that is on a device that isn't launched globally.
    We don't know if the carriers have to test each version (some need more time to test - ahem).
    And I know BlackBerry is under New Leadership, but the PlayBook lack of updates left a bad taste...
    I have heard over here that the updates will come straight from BlackBerry & will NOT go threw the carriers? Many with sources have reported this. I really do not know if they are saying the truth tho. I spoke to Rogers last night about this & 2reps told me 2 different things. 1 rep said " The updates are coming straight from BlackBerry". The other rep said " We have to test the updates, then release them. This may take a few weeks or months". So go figure out lol.
    02-09-13 09:21 AM
    What? Inconsistent information?
    Shocking. Shocking I say. Maybe the new BlackBerry Marketing department can clear this up. Sigh.
    02-09-13 09:24 AM
    What? Inconsistent information?
    Shocking. Shocking I say. Maybe the new BlackBerry Marketing department can clear this up. Sigh.
    Yea its been said from many this is how the update will come out. Then you have reps which give you different info. Its getting to the point you can not believe anything until you see it.
    02-09-13 09:29 AM
    Look, the hype exceeded the product. Does BB make good phones, yes. They launched the wrong one. It should have been the Q10, and they had ample time to get the "bugs" out, before launch. The pressure to get a "10" device out in the market, was brought on by themselves. The Q10 looks like a BB, and all things being the same, it would have placated a lot more people. A lot of the negativity brought to the table by BB users, could have been avoided. This is my opinion, and those of some friends of mine, who are die-hard BB users.
    02-09-13 09:32 AM
    I took mine back but now for some reason I want it back. Think the phone rep will slap me if I go back to get it? haha
    02-09-13 09:33 AM
    I took mine back but now for some reason I want it back. Think the phone rep will slap me if I go back to get it? haha
    LOL they may not have it as they may have sold it already :O. Try going back tho & get it. The reps may question you BUT they will not do anything more :P
    02-09-13 09:34 AM
    well i cant wait to get this phone. will be coming back from a iphone.. i left bb when i seen the Motorola bionic. that phone had so many issue, dropped calls, shutting off, but the point is that i was so excited for that phone to drop that even the smallest issue would have upset me. i went to the iphone next due to the issues with android and needing certain apps that the bb didnt provide for my job. so now that i see the new platform being able to assist me in my daily activities, i cant wait. even the iphone has an update a month to fix stuff. but as far as the poor battery life of an android, 6 hours, and the fact iphones are a proprietary mess, it will be nice to come back to blackberry. sorry it didnt work out for you.

also testing in the closed environment may not pull up all the issues that a mass release would. we all use our phones differently.
    02-09-13 09:37 AM
    [QUOTE=Dimitri.69;7958452]LOL they may not have it as they may have sold it already :O. Try going back tho & get it. The reps may question you BUT they will not do anything more :P[/QU

Maybe Ill go to a different store.... haha
    02-09-13 09:44 AM
    Look, the hype exceeded the product. Does BB make good phones, yes. They launched the wrong one. It should have been the Q10, and they had ample time to get the "bugs" out, before launch. The pressure to get a "10" device out in the market, was brought on by themselves. The Q10 looks like a BB, and all things being the same, it would have placated a lot more people. A lot of the negativity brought to the table by BB users, could have been avoided. This is my opinion, and those of some friends of mine, who are die-hard BB users.
    I'm a die hard user too. Swore by physical keyboards and now there's no way in **** I could go back. I seriously feel that BB 10s virtual keyboard is superior to the physical qwerty.
    WillieLee likes this.
    02-09-13 09:47 AM
    [QUOTE=Bastar;7958498]
    LOL they may not have it as they may have sold it already :O. Try going back tho & get it. The reps may question you BUT they will not do anything more :P[/QU

Maybe Ill go to a different store.... haha
    HAHA call every store you can find & see if they have any in stock. Go to the one that does & get it!. Do not mention you already had one :P
    02-09-13 09:56 AM
    I'm a die hard user too. Swore by physical keyboards and now there's no way in **** I could go back. I seriously feel that BB 10s virtual keyboard is superior to the physical qwerty.
    O.K., fine. That's your opinion, and that's good. BB made their rep with a physical keyboard, and that's their thing. Nobody is better at it. Now they feel that they have to "evolve", so we have the Z10. IMHO, bad move. Stick with what you do best.
    02-09-13 10:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4s-z10-768163/

A very useful thread to ref. I believe the OP deals with Outlook sync in post #52.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    02-09-13 10:18 AM
    If the OP wanted some concerns and questions answered it might have been a better idea to pick a thread title that doesn't state that you are returning the device. Also, why do some people not take any time to learn a new device? It seems that they just want to partake in the thrill of buying a new device and then return it after the rush is gone. It's a mentality that I've never understood. Being disappointed because a new OS is not the same as your old device is bizarre, especially after owning it for one or two days.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-09-13 10:22 AM
    O.K., fine. That's your opinion, and that's good. BB made their rep with a physical keyboard, and that's their thing. Nobody is better at it. Now they feel that they have to "evolve", so we have the Z10. IMHO, bad move. Stick with what you do best.
    I think the z10 was released more for the sake of the markets. They were more savage and unforgiving of delays than bb die hards.
    02-09-13 10:22 AM
    I think the z10 was released more for the sake of the markets. They were more savage and unforgiving of delays than bb die hards.
    Exactly. That's what i meant by "evolve". As i've stated before…when i bought my BB Bold 9000, it was the best phone on the planet. BB brought it all the way up to the 9900, then they started thinking too much, and they strayed. Now, BB is shooting for third place? They brought this on themselves, by trying to outdo iPhone & Android in a game that they weren't ready to play. I'll say it again…Dump the Z10, and concentrate on the Q10. That's where your power base is, and always will be. Carve yourself a niche within that market, and you'll be around forever.
    02-09-13 10:37 AM
    Its pathetic when you try to help someone & yet they claim you are wrong & then start. I am sure this user could have posted in the other threads made about this. No need to keep making new ones & having some like him responding the way he / she did when we tried o help. This will happen if you have people like them.I already asked the mod to close it or move it. He does not want to so i guess let it die down.
    I don't think OP was/is a troll and let's be honest here, your tone wasn't exactly "Mr. Helpful." You could have chosen to answer his questions in a more calm manner, using phrases like "what are you even talking about" is not really the way to be helpful. This is a new product release, people are going to have issues and not know how to do things that might seem obvious to you. The point is to try and be at least a little understanding. The hostility isn't necessary.

And seriously, all this "well you just signed up therefore your opinion is invalid" is ridiculous.

The 'Hub' if a ******* joke. It's basically, no literally the messages screen on BB OS7 + FaceTwitter emails. Big deals. I'll gladly take the all business Bold over this wannabe Tweenberry.

RIM is the really the best you got son? If so you ain't gonna see next November kid.

Trying to think what's left to license at this point.
    See guys, THIS is a troll. Not the OP
    02-09-13 10:43 AM
    What he meant was that the moderators/owners of any site do not have to allow a person to post if they dont want. They are not taking away free speach, they are just saying you cant do it on their 'dime'

It would be like going into a TV station and demanding to speak on air, it aint going to happen...free speah has it's limits
    All websites have "house rules" that all users are expected to abide by and if a user (or users) does not abide by those rules, they can expect their posts to be deleted, threads locked and account(s) possibly suspended. Some people seem to think that they should be allowed to say whatever they want whenever they want on the Internet and that the "house rules" of a site don't apply to them (Some seem to think that mob rule or anarchy should be what controls the internet.). While some sites are fairly loose with the enforcement of their rules and allow pretty much anything (within reason) to be posted, others are pretty strict with enforcing their rules and those who violate those rules will see actions taken against them. People seem to want to toss out "free speech" and/or "censorship" as if throwing them out there will actually change things. Even worse are folks on sites in which you have to pay to join, as they think they are entitled to say and do whatever they want because they're a customer that paid to join. The thing is one cannot go into a restaurant or movie theater and be disruptive and not expect to get into trouble or possibly tossed out and the same is true of a site on the internet.

Since the Z10 came out, there has been a significant increase in new members whose posts rankle those who have been around here for some time. It's easy to start accusing people of being trolls as a result, especially when their actions seem to fit the typical m.o. of a troll. Some have apparently not used a BlackBerry in a few years and are expecting the Z10 to be like their previous device(s). You cannot fairly compare the Z10 to previous BlackBerry models, as it is an entirely different animal that is closer to the PlayBook than BlackBerry 7 (and older) devices. No new phone will ever satisfy everyone that has purchased one, and I'm sure there are folks posting on sites whenever a new iPhone comes out that they're taking it back for various reasons.

Based on the early feedback and reports, the Z10 has issues, but it's not enough to dissuade me from getting one when they go on sale here in the US nor or those issues a dealbreaker for me as there's a good chance that by mid-to-late March, those issues will have likely been addressed and no longer an issue.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-09-13 10:44 AM
    Exactly. That's what i meant by "evolve". As i've stated before�when i bought my BB Bold 9000, it was the best phone on the planet. BB brought it all the way up to the 9900, then they started thinking too much, and they strayed. Now, BB is shooting for third place? They brought this on themselves, by trying to outdo iPhone & Android in a game that they weren't ready to play. I'll say it again�Dump the Z10, and concentrate on the Q10. That's where your power base is, and always will be. Carve yourself a niche within that market, and you'll be around forever.
    Except what they're doing happens to be working really well.
    02-09-13 10:45 AM
    Except what they're doing happens to be working really well.
    Right. You're number one in Tierra Del Fuego.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-09-13 10:49 AM
177 ... 34567 ...