Thanks.
    Well it makes total sense to me and I wish they had just done it at the start. If and when the software is released I'll be overjoyed any idea on timeline?
    most probably before March itself... Since today the link is also updating and servers are down to download... they do it usually when they update new things... hopefully by feb end it will be resolved(feb end is the longest period i am suggesting and might be u will hear it within this week itself)...

Share your new Z-10 PIN to everyone here and we will update you as soon it will be up and working.....
    02-08-13 08:23 PM
    That does not mean anything. Blackberry bought QNX couple years ago. ( 3 years ago if i am not wrong). TO make a OS like this, it takes time. Its not easy to make a OS like this. I am sure you know this. Not everything will be perfect. Also Blackberry was using another OS from the start. So we really can not compare that OS to this one as they are 2 different OS's.
    But thor said it would be perfect..that's what the delay was all about...to get it right...correct?

But
    02-08-13 08:33 PM
    But thor said it would be perfect..that's what the delay was all about...to get it right...correct?

But
    Have you tried making a OS from scratch? Oh wait you have not. Realize one thing & most you of you need to realize this. Its not easy to make a OS from scratch & not have a bug / issue on it. Please prove me wrong. Yes Thor said what he said but also remember, its not easy to get everything perfect within a year or so.
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    02-08-13 08:35 PM
    Fact - in the Hub "Calls" - you can't make calls from a number not already listed there I.e not access contacts here or make a call from the keypad because the pad is not available in this menu.
    The Hub is not the dialer, it is the place to see what messages/phone calls have been received or made nothing else
    02-08-13 09:18 PM
    .????????????!!
    What he meant was that the moderators/owners of any site do not have to allow a person to post if they dont want. They are not taking away free speach, they are just saying you cant do it on their 'dime'

It would be like going into a TV station and demanding to speak on air, it aint going to happen...free speah has it's limits
    bp3dots, vespajet and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-08-13 09:21 PM
    DEAL BREAKERS:
    No push email!
    No contacts and calendar sync!
    Making a call and functionality within the call menu is not good!

Unfortunately I will be returning my Z10 and going retrograde for a Bold 9900 - fingers crossed for the Q10.
    Word.

This reminds me of the 7100 fiasco btw.
    02-08-13 11:04 PM
    The Hub is not the dialer, it is the place to see what messages/phone calls have been received or made nothing else
    The 'Hub' if a ******* joke. It's basically, no literally the messages screen on BB OS7 + FaceTwitter emails. Big deals. I'll gladly take the all business Bold over this wannabe Tweenberry.

RIM is the really the best you got son? If so you ain't gonna see next November kid.

Trying to think what's left to license at this point.
    02-08-13 11:20 PM
    Word.

For your info, Push email is on the phone already. Making a call within the call menu works just fine. Opt Out was talking about the HUB call menu.
    02-08-13 11:21 PM
    Word.

Yeah, if you had a brain, maybe you would've thought about it for yourself rather than buying crap written by ignorant people on an internet forum...

Push is present, contacts and calendars do sync, and "call functionality within call menu" is just like every other OS. You click the dialer, and go to the dial pad. If you are too lazy/dumb to figure that out, then you need more help than anyone here can provide.
    02-08-13 11:54 PM
    For your info, Push email is on the phone already. Making a call within the call menu works just fine. Opt Out was talking about the HUB call menu.
    not exactly buddy. Push'ish iphone ala what other platforms have. But it is pretty much different from BIS/traditional blackberry implementation. And previous ability to handover/maintain switches from different network interfaces...anyway separate subject. Don't want to flood this thread. Just make search BIS vs others (data, energy efficiency, reliability & etc).
    02-09-13 01:33 AM
    . Yes Thor said what he said but also remember, its not easy to get everything perfect within a year or so.
    So they should have held off releasing BB10 until they had got it right !!!
    02-09-13 04:42 AM
    Sorry but RIM had a long time of 5or so years since iphone was launched.

It is their fault they have not done anything material since then, almost sunk the boat and then rushed badly to deliver something half baked during the last year.

To some extent, I see some similarities in failure of the PlayBook and, while Z10 is a better product, but lack of BIS and other essential features could not but make see some similarities. No lesson learnt.

It is kinda silly when people keep on mumbling to forgive RIM for having no time. They have let 4 years down the drain and woke up a year ago. It is their problem, not their users.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Legal Eagle, JeepBB and cckgz4 like this.
    02-09-13 05:38 AM
    Wohoo. It never stops, does it...

Stopped charging. Searched the Web.

If you plug in the cable slowly, this bloody phone does not detect the charger.

You have to snap it in quickly. Just like that. There are threads about it and thankfully this advice solved it. And the issue seem to be acknowledged. RIM engineers seem not to charge their phones. Do they actually use them? If they don't it actually explains so many features missing.

So Apple designed the phone one has to hold not to loose the signal....

RIM out -i- phoned everybody. The phone that charges only if you train up in inserting the charger.

Well, I am somehow not surprised.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 06:12 AM
    His username is a statement of intent. Troll
    vespajet likes this.
    02-09-13 06:23 AM
    That's impossible. Bugs turn up when a program is used and not by looking the code.
    02-09-13 06:41 AM
    Excuse me but you're wrong it has limited push only with Gmail and another plus only stores the last 30 days max email both ow hitch are worse than my existing Bold.
    You can't make a fresh call to a new number not listed in the Calls menu that displays missed calls - fact.
    You would know this if you actually owned a z10
    You have missed the point and the boat with where BBRY has stated from the beginning where they were going with BlackBerry 10. BB10 is were BBRY (RIM) takes their technology to a whole new level. Yes people like yourself who are brainwashed into using the old OS7 devices will have a hard time adjusting and will either have to change eventually to a BB10 device or switch to an Apple or Android device which aren't any better as you will find them similar in their principles.

I am sorry you returned your device. I hope your carrier finds a new happier home for it!
    b320 likes this.
    02-09-13 06:52 AM
    You can ALWAYS log into your emails threw the browser & see the older emails. That is how i see it!.
    I know you've been trying to help, but this sort of statement only tends to hurt your credibility. Anyone whomsuggests relying on the browser functionality rather than having more robust app support really sounds like more fanboy than knowledgable contributor. We heard nothing but "we dont need apps, justuse the browser" on the Playbook forums when people were calling for native PDA functionality over just Bridge.

The Z10 is a fine device but its iteration 1.0 of the operating system. It has gaps. Acknowledging the gaps doesn't make you a "hater," it just makes you a credible resource.

There are basic functions that exist on the 9900 that aren't in BB10. Yet. My hope is they get added, and quickly, at least for the most commonly used ones. That doesn't mean everyone should return the phone, but lets be honest, not everyone should be an early adopter.

Again, nothing wrong with that.
    Rickroller and howarmat like this.
    02-09-13 07:21 AM

But
    Look, they got a LOT right about the Z10. That does not mean there are not gaps and bugs. For an iteration one OS and device, it is very powerful and works very well, but there are needs for updates to address issues and gaps.

The real factor in long term success will be how quickly they patch to fix issues and add functionality to fill gaps.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-09-13 07:27 AM
    We arent going to discuss the mods actions in a thread that it doesn't pertain to. If you want to discuss the matter then create a the thread in the correct forum.
    Wow. How bad has this forum become, when the fanboys start going after their own mods?
    Residing and Jacco Paauw like this.
    02-09-13 09:00 AM
    Wow. How bad has this forum become, when the fanboys start going after their own mods?
    Not really going after them. Also i am NOT a " Fanboy" I have owned most of the smartphones out there. Does that make me a fan boy of every single company? No.... I only said what i said as the thread is not worth keep around as he was not even listening to the ones that helped him out. Simple as that.
    02-09-13 09:02 AM
    You aren't going to go crazy like you did last night, are you?
    02-09-13 09:04 AM
    I know you've been trying to help, but this sort of statement only tends to hurt your credibility. Anyone whomsuggests relying on the browser functionality rather than having more robust app support really sounds like more fanboy than knowledgable contributor. We heard nothing but "we dont need apps, justuse the browser" on the Playbook forums when people were calling for native PDA functionality over just Bridge.

The Z10 is a fine device but its iteration 1.0 of the operating system. It has gaps. Acknowledging the gaps doesn't make you a "hater," it just makes you a credible resource.

There are basic functions that exist on the 9900 that aren't in BB10. Yet. My hope is they get added, and quickly, at least for the most commonly used ones. That doesn't mean everyone should return the phone, but lets be honest, not everyone should be an early adopter.

Again, nothing wrong with that.
    Like i said in another message. I do not really care about " Credibility". I answer for because i know things. Well if you care so much about the getting all your emails on the phone, talk to BlackBerry, why post on here?..

I do agree that there is no need to return the device UNLESS its really in a bad shape or something is wrong with it but most people are early adapters because they want the phone. They want everything on the phone but yet no company can do it. Why? Simple its hard. Like i said, i want one of these people that complain to make a OS exactly like QNX & a phone within 2 year frame with everything on it & no bugs or issues. Lets see how that works out. It will not as the world is not perfect. Nothing is perfect but yet they do not see it.

I hope BlackBerry adds a few more things on the next update as well. This is why we have updates after a new software release.
    02-09-13 09:07 AM
    You aren't going to go crazy like you did last night, are you?
    Not going crazy, just answering back. If you have a problem, simple either do not read or comment.
    02-09-13 09:08 AM
    Same back to you.
    Jacco Paauw likes this.
    02-09-13 09:09 AM
    If they had held it more, everyone would have bashed them & RIM aka BlackBerry would have lost. They could not afford waiting anymore & so they released it. Every OS & everything in this world ( Electronic) has bugs / issues with them. For example look at Apple. In 2010 they released the iPhone 4, there was a signal problem & Steve Jobs said " You are holding it the wrong way". What did Apple do? Give out a lame case to fix the issue. They took their time to fix the issue on the update. Same goes for the 4S & look at the 5. No phone & OS is perfect.
    02-09-13 09:10 AM
177 ... 23456 ...