Fact - in the Hub "Calls" - you can't make calls from a number not already listed there I.e not access contacts here or make a call from the keypad because the pad is not available in this menu.
    WTF?? That's like saying "in the iPhone, I can't just type numbers on the lockscreen, therefore it sucks" or "I can't type emails in the picture viewer" or "I can't write notes in the settings panel"

You're easily the biggest troll I have seen today, and there have been plenty.

Really? I can't send a text in the bootup screen? Wow, what a failure this phone is

Oh, and it does have outlook syncing Like everything else, it has gone wireless in the form of Activesync.
    Andrew4life and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-08-13 06:12 PM
    Fact - in the Hub "Calls" - you can't make calls from a number not already listed there I.e not access contacts here or make a call from the keypad because the pad is not available in this menu.
    If you're wanting to make a call, and have never made or received a call to that number before, why wouldn't you simply tap the phone key at the bottom and dial the number? Why go to the hub? Personally, I think having call history in the hub is a little redundant.
    02-08-13 06:13 PM
    Intravenously I presume?
    02-08-13 06:15 PM
    WTF?? That's like saying "in the iPhone, I can't just type numbers on the lockscreen, therefore it sucks" or "I can't type emails in the picture viewer" or "I can't write notes in the settings panel"

You're easily the biggest troll I have seen today, and there have been plenty.

Really? I can't send a text in the bootup screen? Wow, what a failure this phone is

Oh, and it does have outlook syncing Like everything else, it has gone wireless in the form of Activesync.
    May be I prefer to keep my data private without having to upload it to a cloud - that wouldn't occurred to you though would it!
    Look - it's fundamentally a phone and you should be able to make a call in any menu, perhaps something for BB to work on hopefully without your unhelpful input?
    02-08-13 06:21 PM
    i can see some water in his words... might be his words are quite confusing but i think all the ppl who know or have been using Z-10 must clear his doubts..... some of his problems are genuine, ex: keypad freezing etc.. and in the HUB u can not place a call or select a contact or search it(as far as i have understood)... but i think the call thing is just a different user exp.. and UI of OS...
    1) please answer him about how to shift his contacts from bold to Z-10(even i wish to know so that i can guide someone who needs it). btw someone said about bluetooth... please elaborate him more about how to do it.

2) use active Sync for syncing and quick delivery of ur mails.

3) yes you can configure outlook and it will on IMAP. (syncing of calender .. not sure.. someone need to answer who is using Z-10)

4) Hanging issue is OS bug and can be resolved in a small software update...(almost every OS does this) even iphone 5 had a wifi bug.. which was resolved in OS6.1.. so be patient on this.

in short i would recommend you to have a clean wipe of device and check if hanging issue is resolved... for the rest Q, i dont think they are questions... its just about your preference, the way you want to see the things.....

thank you

(press like if u liked the post)
    02-08-13 06:22 PM
    4) Hanging issue is OS bug and can be resolved in a small software update...(almost every OS does this) even iphone 5 had a wifi bug.. which was resolved in OS6.1.. so be patient on this.
    So you don't have a Z10, but you are some how well versed on its bugs? As far as I know, the hanging keyboard is not an OS bug. *If* he isn't making it up, it likely has more to do with his set up. I've seen only one thread about a keyboard lockup out of all the Z10 owners on this forum.

May be I prefer to keep my data private without having to upload it to a cloud - that wouldn't occurred to you though would it!
    Look - it's fundamentally a phone and you should be able to make a call in any menu, perhaps something for BB to work on hopefully without your unhelpful input?
    Are you serious? ALL EMAILS ARE IN THE CLOUD. regardless of how you sync them. Contacts too, in the case of outlook...
    djenkins6 and CDM76 like this.
    02-08-13 06:23 PM
    Please show me this on a android or iPhone. None of them have this. They only have ONE option, the call button. You get a missed call? It will show it on the missed call option that is in the call button. The HUB was made for notifications, not for calling. This is why we have a call button & it shows missed calls in there as well.
    02-08-13 06:23 PM
    i can see some water in his words... might be his words are quite confusing but i think all the ppl who know or have been using Z-10 must clear his doubts..... some of his problems are genuine, ex: keypad freezing etc.. and in the HUB u can not place a call or select a contact or search it(as far as i have understood)... but i think the call thing is just a different user exp.. and UI of OS...
    1) please answer him about how to shift his contacts from bold to Z-10(even i wish to know so that i can guide someone who needs it). btw someone said about bluetooth... please elaborate him more about how to do it.

2) use active Sync for syncing and quick delivery of ur mails.

3) yes you can configure outlook and it will on IMAP. (syncing of calender .. not sure.. someone need to answer who is using Z-10)

in short i would recommend you to have a clean wipe of device and check if hanging issue is resolved... for the rest Q, i dont think they are questions... its just about your preference, the way you want to see the things.....

thank you

(press like if u liked the post)
    Thanks I will try active sync but will it sync my contacts as well which are all held on my laptop outlook?
    How do you get active sync?
    Life would have been easier if BB had not dropped this functionality on its Synching software, I do lament this absence on the BB Link programme.
    02-08-13 06:31 PM
    Thanks I will try active sync but will it sync my contacts as well which are all held on my laptop outlook?
    How do you get active sync?
    Life would have been easier if BB had not dropped this functionality on its Synching software, I do lament this absence on the BB Link programme.
    Yes, it will sync contacts. Go to settings>accounts>Add Account>Advanced (at the bottom)>Microsoft Exchange Activesync

P.S. to close the keyboard at any time, swipe it down with 2 fingers, or press and hold the space bar.
    02-08-13 06:33 PM
    So you don't have a Z10, but you are some how well versed on its bugs? As far as I know, the hanging keyboard is not an OS bug. *If* he isn't making it up, it likely has more to do with his set up. I've seen only one thread about a keyboard lockup out of all the Z10 owners on this forum.

i own a small solutions company.. and yes i dont have Z-10 but we have 8 Dev Alpha's in which 6 have already sent for LT... in dev alpha (latest update) we do can use HUB but still its strapped down OS so cant answer his q.. thats why i said u ppl just clear him up...
    all i can say "be calm and be bold" work itself speaks up... might be this guy is trolling.. but so wat... let the ppl say what ever.. if u believe in bb... just relax... many analysts already calm down and speaking positive about it.... getting pissed of just make the case bad among ppl..... thanx

Are you serious? ALL EMAILS ARE IN THE CLOUD. regardless of how you sync them. Contacts too, in the case of outlook...
    02-08-13 06:34 PM
    Exactly, thats is apart from the guys storing the emails on their computers, printing them and sending using carrier pigeon v1.3 - oh wait those carrier pigeons are flying through the clouds too!
    regnaston and mkelley65 like this.
    02-08-13 06:39 PM
    Honestly i prefer Social Feeds than the Hub... I like my working (enail, text msg) to be separated from my social (fb, twitter)
    02-08-13 06:40 PM
    P.S. to close the keyboard at any time, swipe it down with 2 fingers, or press and hold the space bar.[/QUOTE]

thanx even i was not kowing about this 2 finger thing and space bar stuff..... well one of my colleague asked me yesterday about how to close keyboard.... will update him too... thanx...(bad for me that m quite lazy in listning to keven).. surely it wil lhelp other users too....

Now Opt Out... i think most of ur query have been resolved or solved.... do try it ... and then please close the thread afterwards since.. it will give a negative impression to new users or ppl who are undecided.... hope u will enjoy ur brand new Z-10...... bbye..
    02-08-13 06:41 PM
    Honestly i prefer Social Feeds than the Hub... I like my working (enail, text msg) to be separated from my social (fb, twitter)
    You *can* do that. In your hub settings, you can specify which notifications show up in the "hub." You can access the rest by swiping right in the hub and clicking each individual mailbox. That way, you could keep all your personal stuff in the hub, and your work stuff in their own inboxes.

P.S. to close the keyboard at any time, swipe it down with 2 fingers, or press and hold the space bar.

thanx even i was not kowing about this 2 finger thing and space bar stuff..... well one of my colleague asked me yesterday about how to close keyboard.... will update him too... thanx...(bad for me that m quite lazy in listning to keven).. surely it wil lhelp other users too....

Now Opt Out... i think most of ur query have been resolved or solved.... do try it ... and then please close the thread afterwards since.. it will give a negative impression to new users or ppl who are undecided.... hope u will enjoy ur brand new Z-10...... bbye..
    You're welcome. Glad I was of assistance
    tabish4u, Crusader ss and sooman54 like this.
    02-08-13 06:41 PM
    Someone is going to have a stroke. Please calm down. It is just a new phone. Nothing special.
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    02-08-13 06:45 PM
    The phone is pretty awesome. i had some issues with it at first but the more i use it the more i like it. it would be hard for me to go back to my 9810. things will get worked out. for a brand new os it works very well.

as to contacts just set up gmail account with contacts on. then do the transfer from one phone to another.. it will work for you.

and yes the phone has push email.
    02-08-13 06:46 PM
    Mods....howarmat......shut this thread down, please. It's embarrassing.
    People, please......really????
    There are a couple other BlackBerry sites that carry on civil conversations/discussions. I think I'll go over there.
    Then when I get my Z10, i won't be reluctant to have a discussion about it......This is pretty pathetic
    tabish4u, JeepBB and St_Deborah like this.
    02-08-13 06:47 PM
    There are a couple other BlackBerry sites that carry on civil conversations/discussions. I think I'll go over there.
    Then when I get my Z10, i won't be reluctant to have a discussion about it......This is pretty pathetic
    Its pathetic when you try to help someone & yet they claim you are wrong & then start. I am sure this user could have posted in the other threads made about this. No need to keep making new ones & having some like him responding the way he / she did when we tried o help. This will happen if you have people like them.I already asked the mod to close it or move it. He does not want to so i guess let it die down.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-08-13 06:54 PM
    No, but if your first post is starting a new thread to say how much you hate the phone and how it doesn't do X, X, and X, and when people try to explain that it does, you get angry; yes, don't do that here. The OP was obviously trolling. If you'll notice, he hasn't posted back since he was corrected, nor has he posted anything other than ignorance here. The mods should've closed this thread immediately like they close threads about the BB Travel app and such.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-08-13 06:56 PM
    You can always spot the fan boys and girls by how they jump down an obviously frustrated user. Even one that has been loyal to BB as the OP has
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-08-13 07:00 PM
    As I read tjhese type of threads I ask myself..." at what point fo people say it is not worth it???"...... Seems dequorum on this particular forum is gone...... may be time to find a new place to roost... this is all becoming a giant waste of time.....
    JeepBB and St_Deborah like this.
    02-08-13 07:03 PM
    What I don't get is this need for email older than 30 days. I suppose there is some need for it but if some you get as many emails and in as many email accounts as you say wouldn't your email have thousands of emails you need to have?
    02-08-13 07:04 PM
    You can always spot the fan boys and girls by how they jump down an obviously frustrated user. Even one that has been loyal to BB as the OP has
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    I have been with BB since theBlacBerry 850 was shown.. That does not mean anything. He is not a frustrated user. He knew what he was doing. He never responded back after he saw he was corrected. He knew that i & the other ones are right & instead of saying " Thank you for your help, you guys are correct" He claims we are wrong & goes on. Read the hole post before making us look like the bad guys for helping.

Its funny how you try to help people, they claim you are wrong & just because you correct them & all, people make you look like the bad guy..
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-08-13 07:05 PM
    As I read tjhese type of threads I ask myself..." at what point fo people say it is not worth it???"...... Seems dequorum on this particular forum is gone...... may be time to find a new place to roost... this is all becoming a giant waste of time.....
    Agreed. I know everyone has their opinion but really? If you do not like the phone or its not worth it, take it back. What is the point of posting it? I know others may get a few answers BUT others are trolling that way & its clear.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-08-13 07:07 PM
    Someone feels my pain as well.
    The twitter and facebook app are TERRIBLE as well! There is no keypad! How am I supposed to make a phone call?
    What about the browser?? I might want to make a phone call to my friend and tell him about something cool I just saw.

Bottom line is the BB Z10 sucks because it does not have a keypad in every single app and every single menu!!

momofteme likes this.
    02-08-13 07:08 PM
177 1234 ...