A quick resume of issues during 3 days of ownership:
    1. First Z10 overheated and was burning hot good for my hands on a cold day but disconcerting and a major drain on battery life - died after 3 hours after full charge. Solution - phone replaced no repeat issue.
    2. Can't upload my contacts from my existing bold 9780 tried everything and no joy. Having to carry around 2 phones at moment old Bold and new z10 not practical. No resolution still tried blue tooth, saving to media card, BBerry link software all do not facilitate. Solution - none found.
    3. No sync with Outlook. This is really cheesing me off as it could have resolved issue 2 at a stroke and allowed me to deal with synching my Calendar And notes. Solution - none found.
    4. Phone freeze - have experienced this 2 times so far in 3 days : i) phone froze and wouldn't allow me to the end a call. The call stayed live for 2 mins until I removed the battery ii) keyboard wouldn't retract when viewing a picture.
    5. The magnifying glass function when correcting individual letters in a word is poor compared to others I have used (iPad) no I don't have an iPhone and am not an Apple devotee.
    6. No push email - 15 mins is too long! I love my bold for this and this is a major black mark - No solution
    7. Interference with BT Home hub - as noted by other users this is a major issue and affects all of my devices running wifi but only when the Z10 is in WiFi mode. I now only use Z10 in 3G mode at home - No solution

DEAL BREAKERS:
    No push email!
    No contacts and calendar sync!
    Making a call and functionality within the call menu is not good!

Unfortunately I will be returning my Z10 and going retrograde for a Bold 9900 - fingers crossed for the Q10. I use my BBerry as a work tool I receive 3 separate business emails and the Z10 doesn't improve my current mobile experience. Web, music and the rest are nice to have but if it doesn't perform the above elements then as a prerequisite of being a phone and email/PDA then for me it's a deal breaker.

I love my bold and as you will note am staying with BBerry and sincerely hope the issues raised can be resolved, I'd be back with the z10 in a flash but until then I can't sacrifice my work efficiency.

I have never written on a forum before but felt compelled to write about my personal experiences of the new Z10 and hope that you found them informative but please try the phone for yourself and make up your own mind it is a good device and I'll miss it but the above issues are non negotiables for me and I'm amazed they've been consciously dropped by BBerry
    02-08-13 05:18 PM
    A quick resume of issues during 3 days of ownership:
    1. First Z10 overheated and was burning hot good for my hands on a cold day but disconcerting and a major drain on battery life - died after 3 hours after full charge. Solution - phone replaced no repeat issue.
    2. Can't upload my contacts from my existing bold 9780 tried everything and no joy. Having to carry around 2 phones at moment old Bold and new z10 not practical. No resolution still tried blue tooth, saving to media card, BBerry link software all do not facilitate. Solution - none found.
    3. No sync with Outlook. This is really cheesing me off as it could have resolved issue 2 at a stroke and allowed me to deal with synching my Calendar And notes. Solution - none found.
    4. Phone freeze - have experienced this 2 times so far in 3 days : i) phone froze and wouldn't allow me to the end a call. The call stayed live for 2 mins until I removed the battery ii) keyboard wouldn't retract when viewing a picture.
    5. The magnifying glass function when correcting individual letters in a word is poor compared to others I have used (iPad) no I don't have an iPhone and am not an Apple devotee.
    6. No push email - 15 mins is too long! I love my bold for this and this is a major black mark - No solution
    7. Interference with BT Home hub - as noted by other users this is a major issue and affects all of my devices running wifi but only when the Z10 is in WiFi mode. I now only use Z10 in 3G mode at home - No solution

DEAL BREAKERS:
    No push email!
    No contacts and calendar sync!
    Making a call and functionality within the call menu is not good!

Unfortunately I will be returning my Z10 and going retrograde for a Bold 9900 - fingers crossed for the Q10. I use my BBerry as a work tool I receive 3 separate business emails and the Z10 doesn't improve my current mobile experience. Web, music and the rest are nice to have but if it doesn't perform the above elements then as a prerequisite of being a phone and email/PDA then for me it's a deal breaker.

I love my bold and as you will note am staying with BBerry and sincerely hope the issues raised can be resolved, I'd be back with the z10 in a flash but until then I can't sacrifice my work efficiency.

I have never written on a forum before but felt compelled to write about my personal experiences of the new Z10 and hope that you found them informative but please try the phone for yourself and make up your own mind it is a good device and I'll miss it but the above issues are non negotiables for me and I'm amazed they've been consciously dropped by BBerry
    What are you even talking about :/. The Z10 has push email. Please for the love of god do some research before making false statements like this. Making a call is the same exact way as any other phone.. The iPhone & Androids have the same exact way. I can go into my contacts & press a name & call them if i would like..

I really doubt you tried even bluetoothing the contacts from the 9900 to the Z10.
    You also need to understand the OS is BRAND NEW. The phone will freeze. It did not take Rome 1 day to built everything. It took Apple 6 years to be the way it is. Same with Android...

Anyways your choice but you are making a huge mistake taking it back. Also why post a new topid about this when there is another few of them already made? We need modes to start moving the threads again..
    02-08-13 05:22 PM
    Excuse me but you're wrong it has limited push only with Gmail and another plus only stores the last 30 days max email both ow hitch are worse than my existing Bold.
    You can't make a fresh call to a new number not listed in the Calls menu that displays missed calls - fact.
    You would know this if you actually owned a z10
    02-08-13 05:28 PM
    Excuse me but you're wrong it has limited push only with Gmail and another plus only stores the last 30 days max email both ow hitch are worse than my existing Bold.
    You can't make a fresh call to a new number not listed in the Calls menu that displays missed calls - fact.
    You would know this if you actually owned a z10
    Are you actually questioning me if i own a Z10? Bro go look at a few post. You will see that i own it & know how it works. Please explain HOW i get emails within seconds of me sending them from another email client? OH WAIT you do not know. You claim you do tho (y).

It has active sync which has push emails. This has been made clear by millions & even Crackberry & Blackberry said it. Actually you can. Open the call option, press " Dial pad" & you are done. Also you can choice from " All or Missed"

Mods please move this thread into one of the existing ones. Its a waste of a thread if other ones have been made already..
    02-08-13 05:31 PM
    If you do not have anything constructive to say you should not participate in this thread let alone a forum, this is my personal experience nothing more nothing less.
    Funny enough, he was actually trying to help by telling you some facts which you blatantly ignored. You missed the dialer? Really? Either you're trolling and have never held the phone in your hand, or you do not have the brain capacity to use a modern OS. Android and iOS bother have very similar dialers. Why make a thread to post this anyways?

Go post it in the 1000other threads. Something tells me you have an alternate motive. Sadly, the mods have been dead silent to obvious trolling such as this.

Oh, and you claim that this phone has no push but yet I get my emails on here as soon as someone sends them...hmmm...
    02-08-13 05:43 PM
    seriously knock it off. He expressed an opinion about some issues. Either help him with solutions to his issues of move along. Its crazy around here with a completely new platform and everyones knowledge is less than the previous platform.
    tiziano27, Drayk, grover5 and 21 others like this.
    02-08-13 05:47 PM
    seriously knock it off. He expressed an opinion about some issues. Either help him with solutions to his issues of move along. Its crazy around here with a completely new platform and everyones knowledge is less than the previous platform.
    Well maybe the mods like your self can control the forums & start moving them into 1 thread instead of millions.. We do not need 30000 threads about the same thing.. It gets cluttered around here. ( This is how i see it as other forums / sites move them into 1 or 2 threads together.). I fully explained he is wrong like another user did. I also explained to him that what he saying is wrong & told him the correct answer. He thinks we are wrong when we are fully right. Let him think he is right.
    02-08-13 05:49 PM
    And if you researched you would realize that Gmail has changed some of its capabilities for personal users.....please go research and stop making uninformed threads there are many other threads like this that you could have contributed to
    02-08-13 05:49 PM
    Yup pretty much, dimitri did try to help him but he still claimed hes wrong... lol its kind of annoying
    02-08-13 05:51 PM
    Why is he allowed to post the same crap as 50 other users in a new thread, but when someone posts something about BlackBerry travel, you are quick to close the thread and link then to another thread?

make a thread for users who are just whining and want to return the Z10. Anyone with legitimate calls for help is free to make a thread and people will answer.
    02-08-13 05:51 PM
    Well maybe the mods like your self can control the forums & start moving them into 1 thread instead of millions.. We do not need 30000 threads about the same thing.. It gets cluttered around here. ( This is how i see it as other forums / sites move them into 1 or 2 threads together.). I fully explained he is wrong like another user did. I also explained to him that what he saying is wrong & told him the correct answer. He thinks we are wrong when we are fully right. Let him think he is right.
    we do not merge threads, never have. Other topics are closed generally when they are about the same article and such.
    Opt Out likes this.
    02-08-13 05:53 PM
    we do not merge threads, never have. Other topics are closed generally when they are about the same article and such.
    I am sure you can use the search bar right? Go look on how many exact same topics have been made. Not questioning on how you do your work as a mod ( or other mods for the matter) but if you want to keep a good forum site, move the same threads into 1. No need to have so many out there. Sorry but this seems like its laziness i see here.

WAIT this is the same exact thing others say as well :/... Oh my i guess mods can do w.e because they have the power. Not to be rude but if you guys can not see it how we see it, that means something is wrong. I do not see any other site doing this. they just put them together into 1 or 2 to have them all together to not have to much of them same exact topic as you said.

anyways do what you want. Do not close down threads then that are about the same thing as this is. Have a good day.

anyways back on topic. Push email is on the Z10. You can make calls right from the call button from fresh. If you fail to see this, not our problem.
    02-08-13 05:56 PM
    We arent going to discuss the mods actions in a thread that it doesn't pertain to. If you want to discuss the matter then create a the thread in the correct forum.
    Opt Out and St_Deborah like this.
    02-08-13 05:59 PM
    I'm not a big fan of merging threads as things can get confusing within them as there can be multiple strings of discussion once the merge takes place.

Maybe there needs to be a sticky thread solely dedicated for those users returning their devices.
    02-08-13 05:59 PM
    Thank you! At last somebody that actually read my email and didn't try to stamp on me for simply communicating a few issues. There are some vicious trolls masquerading as "helpers" but they are trying to bully and suppress free speech based on personal experience and none have actually disputed the lack of outlook synching or calendar or contacts. As a BB user for 5 years I don,t have an axe to grind and will continue with my older version until these issues are resolved. Cheers.
    02-08-13 06:00 PM
    I'm not a big fan of merging threads as things can get confusing within them as there can be multiple strings of discussion once the merge takes place.

Maybe there needs to be a sticky thread solely dedicated for those users returning their devices.
    I only said to merge them as then we wont have to read so many of the same topics. Others can discuss their share as well. Anyways i like the idea of the stick thread!.
    02-08-13 06:01 PM
    Sure it took them 6 years but honestly let's not forget how long has blackberry been around
    02-08-13 06:03 PM
    Thank you! At last somebody that actually read my email and didn't try to stamp on me for simply communicating a few issues. There are some vicious trolls masquerading as "helpers" but they are trying to bully and suppress free speech based on personal experience and none have actually disputed the lack of outlook synching or calendar or contacts. As a BB user for 5 years I don,t have an axe to grind and will continue with my older version until these issues are resolved. Cheers.
    trolls & bullies? Do you even know what a troll & Bully is? All i said in my first post is to do more research before saying false info. The Z10 has push email. It has everything you said it does not. The outlook syncing i do not know as i only use gmail. You also need to understand the OS is brand new. How about you try making a OS like QNX & try putting everything together within a year. You will see you can not as it takes time to built something perfect.

Anyways if you think we are trolls & bullies because we are saying the truth, the i guess Blackberry reps are bullies & trolls for saying the same? Hmm..
    The z10 does have issues, i still use my iphone for apps but as far as email the bb is still getting emails faster than my iphone.
    Bobcat665 and Opt Out like this.
    FYI, free speech does not apply to private websites.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    Fact - in the Hub "Calls" - you can't make calls from a number not already listed there I.e not access contacts here or make a call from the keypad because the pad is not available in this menu.
    02-08-13 06:05 PM
    Sure it took them 6 years but honestly let's not forget how long has blackberry been around
    That does not mean anything. Blackberry bought QNX couple years ago. ( 3 years ago if i am not wrong). TO make a OS like this, it takes time. Its not easy to make a OS like this. I am sure you know this. Not everything will be perfect. Also Blackberry was using another OS from the start. So we really can not compare that OS to this one as they are 2 different OS's.
    jilissb and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-08-13 06:06 PM
    Fact - in the Hub "Calls" - you can't make calls from a number not already listed there I.e not access contacts here or make a call from the keypad because the pad is not available in this menu.
    Yes in the HUB you can not but that does not mean anything. You have a call feature & button for a reason for calling. The HUB is for looking what missed emails, text, calls & such you have.
    02-08-13 06:07 PM
    FYI, free speech does not apply to private websites.
    .????????????!!
    02-08-13 06:08 PM
    This type of posts are starting to get into my nerves
    02-08-13 06:09 PM
177 123 ...