***quick summary - loose battery, piece of paper fixed it***

so i've been plagued with random reboots for a long time now... i just figured it was a software issue and i was waiting for the official 10.3 release... my z10 begin rebooting once every couple of days, then it happened more often... once a day to several times a day... for a while i thought it was was a particular charger i was using because sometimes when i pulled the usb cord out, my phone would instantly reboot... it was the strangest thing... so i stopped using that charger and it got better until it happened with a different charger... good thing i didn't toss the other charger...

then i ran across a post saying it might be a loose battery... at first i didn't believe it could be a loose battery until i accidentally dropped my phone and when it hit the ground, it rebooted... it was a short drop too...

my next test was to shake the crap out of it... and sure enough, it would reboot... i was able to make it reboot about 3 times in a row with just shaking the phone violently... so i put a small thin piece of paper and wedged it into the bottom of the battery... then i closed up the z10 and shook it the same way and it didn't reboot... it's now been over a week without a single random reboot...
    zozo1980 likes this.
    08-05-14 11:01 AM
    Another option is to open the back of your Z10, and gently press down on the battery so that it causes the prongs to slightly retract. It seems those prongs that contact the battery can sometimes be slightly retracted. Gently pushing on the battery top to move them frees them up. I did this with my Z10 when suddenly I got 4 reboots in a row when I have not had that happen since I got the phone a year ago. I often switch out my battery when on the road with my battery charger bundle and I guess the pick ups had just gotten stuck.

It's been quite a while since I did this and no reboots.
    08-05-14 11:11 AM
    +1 Same thing here. Same solution.
    08-05-14 11:17 AM
    Implemented this on my wife's Q10 as soon as she mentioned it shut off on her shortly after she got it - she hasn't had a problem since.

These forums are a wealth of knowledge! Glad you found this solution to your problem.
    08-12-14 08:53 AM
    Hey thanks for reminding me. Had this problem way back with my 9850 and a double thickness of my business card solved it. Wasn't funny when my phone shut down while I was caught in a blizzard & needed it fast!

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    08-12-14 12:03 PM