Every time I get my hands on my boss's Z10 I try to install the above software update via USB cable to BlackBerry Link - every time it comes up with an error message (nothing specific: just says something to the effect that installation failed, try again later).

As we're on a SIM only contract, I can't contact Vodafone - does anyone have any ideas as to what might work?

Many thanks!
    01-15-14 06:58 AM
    Could you paste a screenshot of Settings > About?
    jjlothin likes this.
    01-15-14 07:24 AM
    Alas, not at the moment, as the boss has taken the Z10 away with him again! Will do this once I've got it back ...
    01-15-14 07:33 AM
    Have you looked on this site for an autoloader for that version of the OS. They seem to run better than Link updates.
    jjlothin likes this.
    01-15-14 07:34 PM
    Use wifi (setting -software updates - then press check for updates. Give that a try. I always do it that way

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    jjlothin likes this.
    01-15-14 09:13 PM
    Have you looked on this site for an autoloader for that version of the OS. They seem to run better than Link updates.
    Thanks, but I have no idea what an autoloader is! Wireless attempt working now ... so far!
    01-16-14 06:02 AM
    Use wifi (setting -software updates - then press check for updates. Give that a try. I always do it that way

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    Would you believe, I'd completely forgotten about the wireless option?!? Mainly because our signal here is absolute crap ... However, after an inordinate amount of fiddling, I managed to get a connection and the update is very slowly - but hopefully surely! - downloading!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-16-14 06:03 AM
    Thanks, but I have no idea what an autoloader is! Wireless attempt working now ... so far!
    Autoloaders are Windows compatible Programs. They run from the computer so don't need a data/wifi connection and can be smoother. They are discussed and links can be found in the BB10 OS subforum here on Crackberry. (if you have read about Leaks of test OS's, they only come in Autoloader format and they are discussed in the Leak subforum)
    jjlothin likes this.
    01-16-14 09:42 AM
    Also make sure that he is not running low on on-board storage.

Posted via CB10
    jjlothin likes this.
    01-16-14 09:44 AM
    Autoloaders are Windows compatible Programs. They run from the computer so don't need a data/wifi connection and can be smoother. They are discussed and links can be found in the BB10 OS subforum here on Crackberry. (if you have read about Leaks of test OS's, they only come in Autoloader format and they are discussed in the Leak subforum)
    Many thanks for this but, after a good three hours, our wireless connection finally managed to download and install the update.

Which promptly disconnected all the boss's email accounts!

Oh, for a return to carrier pigeons ...
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-14 06:00 AM
    Many thanks for this but, after a good three hours, our wireless connection finally managed to download and install the update.

Which promptly disconnected all the boss's email accounts!

Oh, for a return to carrier pigeons ...
    How 'bout Smoke Signals?
    jjlothin likes this.
    01-17-14 09:24 AM
    How 'bout Smoke Signals?
    Actually I've got two budgies who I'm hoping to train up ...
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-14 09:36 AM
    Actually I've got two budgies who I'm hoping to train up ...
    To avoid the NSA, a lot of folks might move back to such means!
    jjlothin likes this.
    01-17-14 07:08 PM
    I update 10.2 os over wireless but in the time of installation it will so error at 100%, I try again and again over wife but, nothing happens

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:33 AM
    I update 10.2 os over wireless but in the time of installation it will so error at 100%, I try again and again over wife but, nothing happens

Posted via CB10
    Go to Crackberry OS subforum and look for an Autoloader for the Version of the OS you need, download it and then run it. Good luck
    01-18-14 09:47 AM