Alright being a ex android developer and trying to learn qml is a bit slow one issue I'm having is importing proper libraries for things like updating and how to implement the proper API from fb and Twitter to get a feed showing any tips greatly appreciated however hit me up through email or BBM for them I'm moving at an slower pace than I like

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 12:17 AM
    Please say i can mark prior read. It was so much easier to keep up with all the social networks when i could see them all in one timeline and easily pick up where i left off.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 12:22 AM
    Please say i can mark prior read. It was so much easier to keep up with all the social networks when i could see them all in one timeline and easily pick up where i left off.

Posted via CB10
    This was something to be discussed that a manual reload would mark all previous read

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 12:28 AM
    SOCIAL HUB.. Use this name. We got Messages Hub so I think Social Hub would keep with the whole BB10 philosophy.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 12:39 AM
    Well one it's not relevant to this but Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1762

And two some updates
    Attachment 160002

Posted via CB10

Edit: Oh and a idea for app name thrown at me FeedMe what does everyone think? I may be building this app but I want everyone's input that way it can be a great built app
    It looks like your Twitter icon jumped off of a very tall building
    05-10-13 01:12 AM
    SOCIAL HUB.. Use this name. We got Messages Hub so I think Social Hub would keep with the whole BB10 philosophy.

Posted via CB10
    I thought of the this name too. A little late in posting though.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 03:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    I do like the Social Hub name.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 04:31 AM
    One guy that im talking to is hoping no one goes and steals this from me now that I've given out the "idea" to everyone. I'm hoping people are respectful enough not to do that.
    Your idea is not unique - I've been thinking about writing such an app since switching from my beloved Nokia N9 which has it built in. Never had time for this, though, due to another projects of mine and expecting a child pretty soon.
    Last edited by leppa; 05-14-13 at 10:49 AM.
    05-10-13 06:47 AM
    Your idea is not unique - I've been thinking about writing such an app since switching from my beloved Nokia N9 which has it built in. Never had time for this, though, due to another projects of mine and expecting a child pretty soon.
    I know it's not unique but it's also not been done yet efficiently yet on the platform

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-10-13 07:10 AM
    I know it's not unique but it's also not been done yet efficiently yet on the platform
    Agree. Last time I checked there was nothing that would get my attention. I just wanted to point out that the social feed idea itself is not unique. Of course, the way you're going to implement it might be unique.

Anyway, best of luck with the project. I might be on of the potential users :-)
    Last edited by leppa; 05-14-13 at 10:49 AM.
    05-10-13 08:53 AM
    Also if you could make twitter support more than one account?

Posted via Q10
    05-10-13 09:31 AM
    Being able to display twitter lists would be great! One of the main limitations with the built-in Twitter app that I can't stand.
    05-10-13 09:38 AM
    Also if you could make twitter support more than one account?

Posted via Q10
    Everything will initially be one account but it's stuff like that can be looked into for updates

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:38 AM
    Just a friendly reminder that the app naming contest ends tmrw evening so if you want a chance to win this app when it's launched submit your ideas now.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 05:46 PM
    Well you can get there first but could end bad for you.But as BB10 matures I could see BB just making a social feed option in HUB once you click it you get a list or grid view of all your social app updates.

Go for it man.I not into social social networking crap.Maybe 1 day I will join FB,tweet and them other ones but I have been saying for a decade now :lmao still aint joined ****.

Anyway go for it brother.
    05-10-13 06:08 PM
    Just a friendly reminder that the app naming contest ends tmrw evening so if you want a chance to win this app when it's launched submit your ideas now.

Posted via CB10
    The Spank Bank.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 06:18 PM
    BerryFeeds

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:28 PM
    One guy that im talking to is hoping no one goes and steals this from me now that I've given out the "idea" to everyone. I'm hoping people are respectful enough not to do that. It may take a little time for the application to come to fruition due to my day job of being in the military lol. But plan on getting this out there as soon as possible cause it's something I miss as well.

Posted via CB10
    Kris, one thing that you can be 100% sure of is that there will be others. Make sure you keep that in mind or you'll be battling disappointment soon after launch.

But you have a few advantages now, and I hope you know them, so work on those and make it the best product when compared to the others in the same category.

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    05-10-13 07:40 PM
    Ok...... how about ......

Name = Soc10
    (you could easily have future upgrades like Soc11 ..... Soc12 ............ Soc50 )

or

Name = Be10
    (get it before someone else so I don't have to charge a royalty or anything ..... same potential upgrade nominclature applies ....... ie - Be50)

or

Name = BeSocial 10

Think of all the truely great app names out there:
    Face - book
    Twit - ter
    Linked - In
    You - tube
    Be - weather
    Be - buzz
    CB - 10
    Drop - box
    Whats - app
    Say - it
    Flash - light (sorry ..... couldn't resist)

Be - Social

sorry ..... having one of those overcreative mornings...........
    05-11-13 06:18 AM
    I would say feeder

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:31 AM
    Thank God OP came through with the initiative. Take my money!
    05-11-13 06:34 AM
    Social++

Posted from my Z10.
    05-11-13 07:28 AM
    I submit Social-Z and I am totally buying this. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:44 AM
    How long do you think it will be until we see some type of final result that we can download? A couple weeks, a month, few months?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:02 AM
    How long do you think it will be until we see some type of final result that we can download? A couple weeks, a month, few months?

Posted via CB10
    I am hoping within a month time frame I've got the UI down my main issue is pulling the information needed now and allowing for posting. I can invoke the share menu but it's just not the same lol

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:05 AM
167 ... 23456 ...