So the Wife says, "I hate how this iPhone drops calls, your phone (Z10) never drops calls here". So I said maybe it's time for you to look at BB.
    She mostly looks at her iPhone for maps, weather, FB, email and texts. She does not use iTunes.
    I told our Grandaughter, "Nan is thinking about getting a Blackberry", to which GDaughter replied.."No Way!" My Wife replied "Way". I still have some convincing to do ,but I consider this a bit of a breakthrough. If anything it would likely be a Z10 since the form factor is similar and she does not want a bigger phone than her current 5S. She did have a BB Pearl long ago so she does know BB.
    igor10000 and LeeU1911 like this.
    11-09-14 11:39 AM
    Get her a Ventev Powercell 3000mAh Dual Charging Backup Battery | BlackBerry Backup Batteries | ShopCrackBerry or a BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle for Z10 | BlackBerry Batteries | ShopCrackBerry just to be on the safe side.

Other than that, yeah, she'll be just fine with a Z10 given the usage you described.
    11-09-14 11:46 AM
    Yay!!! Get her a nice Z10 or a Z30!
    diegonei likes this.
    11-09-14 11:46 AM
    I'd say the jump from 5S to Z30 wouldn't be too hard on her. I was once worried the Z10 would be too big. It wasn't.

Then the Z30 looked huge to me. It really isn't.
    11-09-14 11:49 AM
    The whole Kid with an iPhone thing is a lose-lose. If you (we who are older than they) have an iPhone we are trying too hard. If we have a BBerry, we're not trying hard enough. I was at a "scene" in LA two nights ago and female lead singer of a band wanted to give me her contact info and just decided to type it directly into my phone's "Noted" -- I have a white Z10 with the black back from my black Z10, (Oreo) so looks cool. She loves the keyboard, then decides she loves the phone -- but what is it? (Dark room, cannot see the logo). I take it away and say: "Sorry, this phone is not for children." She takes it back -- sees "BlackBerry". "Wow!" Says she. "This phone is so... other!" We're getting there.
    11-09-14 11:51 AM
    I currently own a Z10 and an iPhone 5s. There's no way I could get rid of the Z and stay with the iPhone. Sometimes the iPhone seems to run "smoother" but it's not as much since I put 10.3.1 on my Z10. I just always come back to the Z10. I much prefer the screen on the Z. Easier to read as my eyes aren't what they used to be since I hit 50..... I do go back and forth a bit but I always settle back with BlackBerry. I hope she makes the switch as I think she'll enjoy it. Now if I can get my wife and kids to see that it's better to be "Back in Black"..... It's not been an easy battle but it's getting easier.

Z10 100-4 Verizon / 10.3.1.1016
    Chris Degroote likes this.
    11-09-14 12:02 PM
    I'll sell you myZ10 if you want, but reconsider the Z30, I like the camera and what about those speakers not to mention the Battery,lol
    11-09-14 12:36 PM
    In my apartment, I rarely got 4G with Z10. With Z30, only seen 4G so far.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:24 PM
    My wife is due for an upgrade. She has an iphone 5s. The biggest issue I can see for her as far as BlackBerry is concerned is Facebook. She is a huge Facebook user and from all the complaints I have seen here about Facebook on BB10, I don't think she would be happy with BlackBerry. I don't use Facebook and my Z10 works great for me.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    11-09-14 08:33 PM
    Install FB for Android on her phone then. I use FB for BB10 on my Passport and it works perfectly fine for me.
    11-09-14 09:20 PM
    U can also save the Facebook site from browser to her home screen. I am not sure if the iPhone does this but I like how the BlackBerry Facebook app saves the events such as birthdays into the calendar.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-11-14 07:56 AM
    She did have a BB Pearl long ago so she does know BB.
    Bit of a learning curve from BBOS to BB10 but I'm sure you already know that.

U can also save the Facebook site from browser to her home screen.
    That's how my g/f uses FB on her Z30, because of frustration with the app. Thing is, sometimes hard to draw the line between what's an app frustration and what's just a frustration with how FB works anyway regardless of how you access it. I personally don't FB on my phone...it's just not anywhere near that important to me.

Richard
    11-11-14 11:52 AM
    My wife is due for an upgrade. She has an iphone 5s. The biggest issue I can see for her as far as BlackBerry is concerned is Facebook. She is a huge Facebook user and from all the complaints I have seen here about Facebook on BB10, I don't think she would be happy with BlackBerry. I don't use Facebook and my Z10 works great for me.

I think your wife should try the Z10. Maybe buy a used one from the Marketplace? I use FB, and it is okay, and also use the mobile FB in the browser. Having the FB notifications in the Hub is great. If she doesn't like it, you can sell the Z10.
    11-11-14 12:13 PM
    I think your wife should try the Z10. Maybe buy a used one from the Marketplace? I use FB, and it is okay, and also use the mobile FB in the browser. Having the FB notifications in the Hub is great. If she doesn't like it, you can sell the Z10.
    I don't know if "okay " would be good enough for her. It is the main way she keeps up with her friends and family. I don't use Facebook at all so I don't know what is okay or not about it on BB10. I keep trying to get her to try my Z10, but she keeps resisting for some reason. Yet she says that she can't stand her 5s any more. Says she might want to try Samsung. Women!

11-11-14 03:15 PM
    I use my FB to keep up with my family and friends. The notifications in the Hub, and the PMs work fine. I sometimes wonder what it is that other people find so wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 03:57 PM
    I use my FB to keep up with my family and friends. The notifications in the Hub, and the PMs work fine. I sometimes wonder what it is that other people find so wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    Same.

OP - go with the Z30. Not such a big size difference, and she will get used to the size within days and her old phone will look a little small. But the main reason - battery. She will love the battery life on these things.
    Some carriers have a 30 day return policy. If you have that option, she can try it for a few weeks and see if she likes it. If she doesn't - return it and no harm done.
    11-11-14 04:30 PM
    I would say go for a Z30. Good luck!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-11-14 05:05 PM
    On my Z10, I have Instagram sideloaded from Snap, and it links perfectly to my FB, and Twitter also links to FB.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 11:57 PM
    On my Z10, I have Instagram sideloaded from Snap, and it links perfectly to my FB, and Twitter also links to FB.

Posted via CB10
    Any issues with your contacts linking or not with FB and your email and phone contacts?

11-12-14 01:03 AM
    Any issues with your contacts linking or not with FB and your email and phone contacts?

Only a few. My sister was on my contacts with her nickname, so the FB made a double for her with her given name, and it combined my brother and his son's entry because they are both named Robert. Not much overall.
    11-12-14 01:12 AM
    My husband and I both have Z10s. We are always showing each other features and apps on our phones.
    11-12-14 01:17 AM
    I just sent my Z10 after getting the passport to my sister in law and she's cometh blown away by how effecient it is with calls and email (she's a nurse manager for a large traveling nurse company) needless to say she plans on buying a z30 at some point as she needs a little more screen real estate.

I really think if people give it a chance they begin to see the true value of the platform on the whole.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:32 PM