Buying a Z10 simply because of BBM is not only a very expensive decision, which probably means you're not digging the whole awesome BB10 thing going on with that phone, you really should've bought that curve with the dedicated BBM button, that way when you decide to leave you wouldn't be losing so much.....
    05-14-13 01:08 PM
    I never once said I brought a z10 for BBM. I have 5 contacts. Most have gone to other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 01:17 PM
    I never once said I brought a z10 for BBM. I have 5 contacts. Most have gone to other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    No, you didn't specifically say that's why you bought it. However your post MORE than insinuates that you bought a Z10 because of BBM. That may not have been what you meant, but that's how people are perceiving it and that's how I did.
    05-14-13 01:39 PM
    That feature isn't included yet.
    so? when it is then my question applies.
    05-14-13 01:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think the title of your post and the post itself pretty much shouts this. Then again if you have 5 contacts on your BBM contacts, this kinda makes this post even more, ummm, pointless doesn't it?
    05-14-13 01:49 PM
    I have tons of friends who are on different platforms and they all agree they miss BBM ... This will give them what they want and my contact list will finally have more than 8 people on it ... I think its a great idea, who knows maybe other things will open up now like music sharing from iTunes?

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    05-14-13 01:59 PM
    so? when it is then my question applies.
    Oh... it was a question? Got ya. I'm with you now.

I've been a tech user for a while so I am very reluctant to count future enhancements as features for today. Ask Playbook users about their feelings with regards to "BBM coming soon."
    05-14-13 02:06 PM
    No but it was an attraction
    I will have to completely agree with you on this

People that are saying we bought it for the OS, from what I've read the Z10 reboots, has poor battery life, camera shots are sub standard against the competition, where's the attraction ??
    05-14-13 02:06 PM
    So whats left... whats a good reason to stay with Blackberry now. They're letting BBM go multi platform & i personally feel theres no reason to have this blackberry Z10 i purchased only 3 months ago. Surley i cant be the only one who feels this way...

Lack of quality apps
    New OS glitches
    Nothing exclusive

Whats the point ?
    If you're hankerin' for exclusive jump on over to Apple and you can get an exclusive for factor for another 4 years with the potential of having a ruler-shaped cellphone in the future
    05-14-13 02:08 PM
    Excited for this personally. Hopefully now I'll have more than literally zero contacts.

Posted via CB10
    k8bushlover likes this.
    05-14-13 02:11 PM
    Great news today , sort of, with the 10.1 update coming to US residents last. And the BBM Platforms

Great news, but what Blackberry did was cater to the iphone and android users by giving them BBM. Leaving us in the dark. Not even a word on instagram, netflix, and another delay on the q10.

Cater to us first. Wait... too late.
    05-14-13 02:11 PM
    The guts and core capabilities of BB10 is still a differentiating factor. How strong that is and whether it can retain or convert customers from other platforms, time will tell.

But BBM is NOT the main reason why people use it. Otherwise you're suggesting a mass exodus because of this single reason....which is not going to happen...I hope anyway. Obviously I can't speak for the mass at large.

Something tells me BBM will become THE Dominant communicating platform before the year is over. With BBM Channel's potential, it'll turn the mobile ad delivery process on its ear. The potential is astounding.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:14 PM
    I think the title of your post and the post itself pretty much shouts this. Then again if you have 5 contacts on your BBM contacts, this kinda makes this post even more, ummm, pointless doesn't it?
    They could have been family members based around the globe ?? I think the point is if there was an over riding factor to get a blackberry ie family happen to be on BB Messenger then you would lean towards to it, now why would you and don't say OS because so far this hasn't lived upto expectations from reading the forums (reboots and battery life) and I know you may say my phone has been fine on both fronts but these problems are there. There are just too many people complaing about it for it not too hold some weight.
    Last edited by arts02; 05-14-13 at 02:17 PM. Reason: text
    devin266 and M65c02 like this.
    05-14-13 02:16 PM
    Look forward. Cross platform is just the start, it will lead other OS developers to introduce/develop cross platform apps for BBRY, new and a lot more apps for BBRY from other OS's. Heinz is a visionary, very smart move.
    05-14-13 02:18 PM
    Let' ask the same question about Apple and Android - what is the point in buying those devices? I have an iPhone and find it thoroughly unimpressive and boring. If you need a something to keep you high all day everyday, may I suggest heroin.
    05-14-13 02:23 PM
    I will uninstall whatsapp the second BBM is cross platform. I used whatsapp for group conversations with family members who left the BB fold. Now I will make them download BLACKBERRY messenger... 8)
    05-14-13 02:37 PM
    Devin, don't be close minded about this, it will still be an attraction, an even bigger one, plus BB OS 10 will keep getting better and better.

I understand your frustration, but believe me, this is a gain instead of a loss.

cheers !!
    devin266 likes this.
    05-14-13 04:46 PM
    Dude you sound like a fandroid right now, the new Phone will be a handset, it will have the same boring, stale OS with the lousy keyboard and calendar. not much of an innovation there.
    05-14-13 04:50 PM
    What's left?

Oh, just the entire operating system.

The Hub, the best multitasking, the Peek, the best onscreen keyboard on any all-touchscreen phone, to name a few things.
    Oscar_E likes this.
    05-14-13 04:50 PM
    i would say that before BB10, the attraction was the keyboard, no longer BBM.
    05-14-13 04:52 PM
    The point is:
    1) All your friends on other platforms are now accessible through BBM. No need for skype, whatsapp, etc.
    2) They will offer more exclusive features within BB10.
    3) BBM is only a part of the BBRY experience. There are many reasons for people to use their BlackBerry. If BBM is their ONLY thing, then that's a bigger issue.

It's important not to discount the possible millions of new people that will start using BBM. This can expand their client offering and potential sources of revenue.

bbm will be free on other platform so where would the revene come from?
    Last edited by Alain_A; 05-14-13 at 05:23 PM.
    05-14-13 05:06 PM
    Advertising.
    05-14-13 05:15 PM
    Maybe you should consider one of these.
    So whats left....-jitterbug_081.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:21 PM
    from what I've read the Z10 reboots, has poor battery life, camera shots are sub standard against the competition, where's the attraction ??
    I can't say what you've read is completely false, BUT the information is outdated. The "reboot issue" is poorly understood because so few ( based on units sold) are experiencing the problem and many of those with the issue are not reporting the issue with logs to the appropriate party. The reboot issue will be software based. I guarantee it.

Camera and battery issues were also software based, and were fixed in subsequent updates. I believe picture quality is on par with any other phone camera (based on average consumer expectation, not the nutbars that come here and say "pixel this, artifact that, noise ratio, saturation blah blah blah") when it comes to using a phone for a camera.

I'm also inclined to believe anyone who has a battery issue now has a faulty battery.
    05-14-13 05:45 PM
    Good points all Blackburberry, except perhaps on the battery. The battery remains a big issue and, as you mentioned citing a few other problems, this also is probably a software issue. Except in very rare circumstances, battery issue (for a newer phone) is not anymore likely to be resolved by replacement than an exchange of phone resolves the myriad of other problems. (That is, these are not general mfg quality control issues.)

Hopefully, the camera and reboots (my concern among your list is only with battery) have indeed been remedied with 10.1 and the battery life will improve 15%, or more. Would really like to get 8hrs on medium use and 6 hrs on heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:51 PM
80 1234