look for it from the bright side. no more waiting for viber/skype or wat so ever to release an update for us blackberries so we can communicate with non-bbers. this will also eliminate the barrier for no-bbers who once wanted to switch to blackberry but worried about their non-bb contacts.

tbh, blackberry is going give apple, skype, viber, instagram, etc.. a hard time to keep up after this summer.
    05-14-13 11:42 AM
    Personally, I'm more excited right now to have a BlackBerry than I think I've ever been before!

All of the announcements coming from he BlackBerry Live event are wonderful and just what the brand needs: Colors, BBM Channels, 10.1, Skype, the Scholars Program, cross platform BBM...it's great!

Posted via CB10
    damn...my shares are getting pounded but i am right up there with you!!
    05-14-13 11:42 AM
    With everyone who's left bbm lately who would buy a bb10 device for just bbm? I'm excited to be able to use bbm a lot more and excited to see imessage die unless apple plans on revamping it

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:45 AM
    Exactly, great point

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:45 AM
    The apps will come that's why there's blackberry live and it's full of developers.

I think the participants are all developers

Posted using The Z10
    05-14-13 11:46 AM
    Take your ball and go home.

To me the hub cannot be beat.
    The keyboard is magic.
    The form factor is perfect for me.
    The browser is awesome.

And it's all getting better. BBM going to iOS and Android just means I will probably be able to delete WhatsApp soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:49 AM
    well, at least they didn't (can't) put the HUB on iOS and Android market. LOL!!
    That's what we can still be proud of our BB10.
    brout likes this.
    05-14-13 11:50 AM
    BBM was a reason to buy old blackberries, not so much anymore. Now it's bb10.

Posted via CB10
    .pinkberry, tuxedo323 and lTatis like this.
    05-14-13 11:50 AM
    Leave then, bye.

Posted via CB10
    Someone is bitter...
    05-14-13 11:51 AM
    BBM was a reason to buy old blackberries, not so much anymore. Now it's bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly Plus One

That's what I'm preaching

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:53 AM
    You either want to be on the platform or you don't. The reasons for either can be whatever matters to you. End of the day, its your choice what platform to be apart of.
    05-14-13 11:53 AM
    Leave then, bye.

Posted via CB10
    brilliant.... did you deduce this reponse all on your own, or did you have help?
    gobimmer likes this.
    05-14-13 11:56 AM
    i am just wondering how long before ios tries to come up with some poor example of balance...same with samsung...
    05-14-13 11:58 AM
    Another thing to remember. BlackBerry can always pull the app if they feel it's damaging themselves.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:58 AM
    The press kit explains that BBM still requires iOS and Android approval ( for distribution in the app and play store). It's exciting but not quite a done deal. I actually see this as a good move for BB going forward.

News like this really takes wind out of Apple's sails on the eve of their iOS 7 roll out.

The next step for BB is licensing BB10 sometime next year or so.

Mark your calendars. Blackberry's domination of the mobile world begins today. One step at a time.

Oh, what's that noise? I think the stock just went up again!

edit: The advantage of being the dark horse like BB is that you can pull off substantial business moves without a great deal of info leaking before the announcement. I believe some of today's news has caught Apple off balance.

The MS press will have to have their noses surgically removed from Apple's backside if they're going to get decent scoops out of BB.
    Last edited by blackburberry; 05-14-13 at 12:16 PM.
    katiepea likes this.
    05-14-13 12:02 PM
    if you have to ask...
    05-14-13 12:12 PM
    I can't imagine that the next iPhone will be as revolutionary as the first one. It's hard to catch lightening in bottle. All smartphones are very similar now.
    05-14-13 12:14 PM
    must be a teasing BBM apps on iOS and android..something like.."want a full features?..get yourself a blackberry 10 device today at your local store"..
    05-14-13 12:18 PM
    The press kit explains that BBM still requires iOS and Android approval ( for distribution in the app and play store). It's exciting but not quite a done deal. I actually see this as a good move for BB going forward.

News like this really takes wind out of Apple's sails on the eve of their iOS 7 roll out.

The next step for BB is licensing BB10 sometime next year or so.

Mark your calendars. Blackberry's domination of the mobile world begins today. One step at a time.

Oh, what's that noise? I think the stock just went up again!

edit: The advantage of being the dark horse like BB is that you can pull off substantial business moves without a great deal of info leaking before the announcement. I believe some of today's news has caught Apple off balance.

The MS press will have to have their noses surgically removed from Apple's backside if they're going to get decent scoops out of BB.
    I couldn't agree with you more. This is the first step towards licensing. I wouldn't go quite as far as to say domination, but I do genuinely think they just made Apple look like the loser on the block, being the only guys around now that are totally closed off to the outside world. I think today was officially "we're back, and we're in this for good"
    gobimmer and blackburberry like this.
    05-14-13 12:19 PM
    I think the "totally new OS" stuff is getting a little long in the tooth and does not seem to include the pre-release development time period. The pre -release did not attract enough developers with top line apps, to say nothing of smaller firms/individuals, because the market was not there, not anticipated to be there, and it costs money to develop a product for a new OS. They had nothing to lose by waiting to see how sales went before investing time and money. Patience is required regarding apps but at a certain point that becomes a distinct disadvantage to future sales. I would not use Android ports and actually the whole Google hands down your pants thing is getting old. The recent joining of the Bilderberg Group to Google is not a good portent for those who value privacy (or freedom) and the Google CEO is starting to sound like a megalomaniac.
    05-14-13 12:27 PM
    BlackBerry is on a roll! I'm all for this. Very good news. I sure as heck didn't buy my Z10 because of BBM. Didn't even know what it was. This might actually give me a reason to use it. Not one single friend has a BB phone!
    niss63 likes this.
    05-14-13 12:36 PM
    What better way to market BB10 than to use screen share to show millions of IOS and Android users BB10 on their own devices?
    05-14-13 12:37 PM
    What better way to market BB10 than to use screen share to show millions of IOS and Android users BB10 on their own devices?
    That feature isn't included yet.
    05-14-13 12:38 PM
    two contradicting points:

1. Why are people bashing the OP for his opinion? It's not like his claim doesn't make some kind of sense. BBM on a BB device puts you above the sheeple. Now the sheeple are going to have access to it.

2. OP, quit being a crybaby.
    05-14-13 12:39 PM
    [BOLD]BlackBerry is on a roll! [/BOLD]I'm all for this. Very good news. I sure as heck didn't buy my Z10 because of BBM. Didn't even know what it was. This might actually give me a reason to use it. Not one single friend has a BB phone!
    ^THIS^

Cue AC/DC "Back in Black"

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 12:45 PM
80 1234