So whats left... whats a good reason to stay with Blackberry now. They're letting BBM go multi platform & i personally feel theres no reason to have this blackberry Z10 i purchased only 3 months ago. Surley i cant be the only one who feels this way...

Lack of quality apps
    New OS glitches
    Nothing exclusive

Whats the point ?

EDIT: These kind of messages are echoed across my facebook...

So whats left....-bbm1.jpg
    So whats left....-bbm2.jpg
    So whats left....-bbm3.jpg
    Last edited by devin266; 05-15-13 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Update
    Peter Peng and newhybridkilla like this.
    05-14-13 11:09 AM
    Surely you didnt purchase your Z10 just for BBM????
    05-14-13 11:10 AM
    Leave then, bye.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:10 AM
    3 off the top of my head, but there are many more

1) best kb in the industry (virtual or QWERTY)
    2) best multi-tasking in the industry
    3) best messaging in the industry
    05-14-13 11:11 AM
    Leave then, bye.

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    05-14-13 11:11 AM
    A great keyboard and best email handling are high on that list. You must not forget that blackberries were originally marketed to business people for work. BBM just became a successful add on and that's when the younger people started using it. And Cross platforming BBM might be a good thing, future BlackBerry releases may have more converts just because people find the BBM experience warrants a device switch.

Posted via CB10
    Ryan_Mz2k likes this.
    05-14-13 11:12 AM
    Surely you didnt purchase your Z10 just for BBM????

No but it was an attraction
    arts02 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:12 AM
    I switched from S3 to Z10 for the the new OS BlackBerry 10, not BBM I love the Z 10

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2, blakobecwa and SDTRMG like this.
    05-14-13 11:13 AM
    personally i find the bb10 os to be the most fluid/productive OS out there. feel free to look at my post history if that sounds fanboyish, i assure i am not. bb10 has a long way to go, but the native apps that are there, and the functionality coming with 10.1 with the hub, puts the experience of the OS as a whole above ios and android. i say that as a core experience, i deeply realize the app situation is bad. bbm exclusivity lost its staying/buying/ potential a long time ago. if it was enough to keep people, blackberry wouldn't have lost 50% global marketshare, that ship already sailed. they couldn't have done it before (opening bbm) because they needed to have a solid platform first. the time is ripe, and they're going all in. look at android, exclusivity is not the answer to the future. openness is.

tack on the fact that in 2010 when i left bb i had over 200 bbm contacts. that number now currently resides at 0. right now bbm is useless to me completely. it won't be for much longer though. it will make the feature of bbm more robust for current bb users and show the rest of the world blackberry is still making some great communications tools. the bottom line is bbm is better than whatsapp, kik, imessage, gtalk, etc. the only thing that can really compete with it is googles new babel. bbm on ios and android put a fresh new face for people to see who previously thought blackberry was already dead.

look at twitter. bbm is trending. and the posts are full of "BBM is coming to iphone?!?!?! i thought blackberry was gone"
    05-14-13 11:17 AM
    So whats left... whats a good reason to stay with Blackberry now. They're letting BBM go multi platform & i personally feel theres no reason to have this blackberry Z10 i purchased only 3 months ago. Surley i cant be the only one who feels this way...

Lack of quality apps
    New OS glitches
    Nothing exclusive

Whats the point ?
    Unless they are disabling the hub, the keyboard, the browser, SMS, e-mail and the phone when they release BBM multi platform, I think you're overestimating its value.
    Alphax45 and trynacu2 like this.
    05-14-13 11:20 AM
    The freakin awesome OS?

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    05-14-13 11:22 AM
    personally i find the bb10 os to be the most fluid/productive OS out there. feel free to look at my post history if that sounds fanboyish, i assure i am not. bb10 has a long way to go, but the native apps that are there, and the functionality coming with 10.1 with the hub, puts the experience of the OS as a whole above ios and android. i say that as a core experience, i deeply realize the app situation is bad. bbm exclusivity lost its staying/buying/ potential a long time ago. if it was enough to keep people, blackberry wouldn't have lost 50% global marketshare, that ship already sailed. they couldn't have done it before (opening bbm) because they needed to have a solid platform first. the time is ripe, and they're going all in. look at android, exclusivity is not the answer to the future. openness is.

tack on the fact that in 2010 when i left bb i had over 200 bbm contacts. that number now currently resides at 0. right now bbm is useless to me completely. it won't be for much longer though. it will make the feature of bbm more robust for current bb users and show the rest of the world blackberry is still making some great communications tools. the bottom line is bbm is better than whatsapp, kik, imessage, gtalk, etc. the only thing that can really compete with it is googles new babel. bbm on ios and android put a fresh new face for people to see who previously thought blackberry was already dead.

look at twitter. bbm is trending. and the posts are full of "BBM is coming to iphone?!?!?! i thought blackberry was gone"

I agree with most of what you say but as soon as the new Apple gets here its game over i reckon.
    I see Blackberry going down the software road now really... Only time will tell!
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    iN10Se likes this.

Lack of quality apps
    New OS glitches
    Nothing exclusive

Whats the point ?
    Hey dude stick around the best is yet to come.

The apps will come, remember this is a totally new OS give the dev's a chance to catch up.

Glitches well its no excuse but what product ever has come without any.

Don't look at BBM as not being exclusive see it as you communication outreach just expanded ten fold!

Besides I don't think you're a quitter ;^)
    05-14-13 11:23 AM
    well considering it wont be out on IOS or Android until summer i'd say you still have that attraction

Otherwise Peace out broski have fun with lagdroid
    05-14-13 11:26 AM
    BBM Hasn't been a reason to buy a BlackBerry for about 3 years now. There's no way you'd buy a BlackBerry just for BBM, or did you?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:27 AM
    I agree with most of what you say but as soon as the new Apple gets here its game over i reckon.
    I see Blackberry going down the software road now really... Only time will tell!
    I'm wondering as well...
    05-14-13 11:28 AM
    It's still there, it's still an attraction, but an attraction with more contacts.

it's funny how you say it: "it WAS an attraction" ... like they are removing it from our blackberrys to put it on iPhones lol
    john_v, jc and Alphax45 like this.
    05-14-13 11:28 AM

Lack of quality apps
    New OS glitches
    Nothing exclusive

Whats the point ?
    The point is:
    1) All your friends on other platforms are now accessible through BBM. No need for skype, whatsapp, etc.
    2) They will offer more exclusive features within BB10.
    3) BBM is only a part of the BBRY experience. There are many reasons for people to use their BlackBerry. If BBM is their ONLY thing, then that's a bigger issue.

It's important not to discount the possible millions of new people that will start using BBM. This can expand their client offering and potential sources of revenue.
    05-14-13 11:30 AM

Lack of quality apps
    New OS glitches
    Nothing exclusive

Whats the point ?
    Lol you should have bought an older blackberry model then if what you wanted was a matured OS and BBM. Now if you wanted a better OS I would see why you made the move to the z10

Posted via CB10
    Alphax45 and JWWDUKE like this.
    05-14-13 11:32 AM
    Don't you want to add more buddies on BBM?
    pels_17 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:33 AM
    I agree with most of what you say but as soon as the new Apple gets here its game over .
    Oh right the "new" apple. Nothing like the "old" apple, or the one before that or the other one. The last one had siri, that's nice when it works. It will be a game changer for sure, that 5S. Look out, its gonna get ya. Hahaha!
    SDTRMG, LewLew23, bquinney and 7 others like this.
    05-14-13 11:33 AM
    it's slick design! heck, you show people on iphones BBM and they are jelous and perhaps when they get a new device upgrade after using BBM since whatsapp is whatscrap, they might get a BB instead if they keep moving at the pace they are. i just want that bentley!!!!
    05-14-13 11:37 AM
    Oh right the "new" apple. Nothing like the "old" apple, or the one before that or the other one. The last one had siri, that's nice when it works. It will be a game changer for sure, that 5S. Look out, its gonna get ya. Hahaha!
    retina 2 display or probably call it retinahd
    05-14-13 11:38 AM
    Personally, I'm more excited right now to have a BlackBerry than I think I've ever been before!

All of the announcements coming from he BlackBerry Live event are wonderful and just what the brand needs: Colors, BBM Channels, 10.1, Skype, the Scholars Program, cross platform BBM...it's great!

Posted via CB10
    dannejanne likes this.
    05-14-13 11:40 AM
80 123 ...