So why the hell won't they give us any updates regarding headless APIs for much needed apps like Hub++ or Be Buzz 10 pro?

This feature hasn't even been mentioned or hinted at for the future 10.1 OS update. I'd like to think that if blackberry is going by the priority of needed features on the Z10/Q10, this would basically be near the top of the list.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    05-07-13 04:18 PM
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:20 PM
    I don't know....maybe because it takes more than a flick of a switch to make it work?

It's on their SDK roadmap and will be discussed at BlackBerry Jam Americas next week.

Try doing research before saying BlackBerry isn't doing anything.

edit: Here's the roadmap: https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...loads/roadmap/

05-07-13 04:23 PM
    Or maybe they just have not gotten around to it. BB10 devices are still initially rolling out worldwide. I am sure daily tons of stuff goes on at BlackBerry and it is very complex to decide and then communicate things in a unified and clear manner.
    05-07-13 04:28 PM
    Probably because it won't be in 10.1?

It's on the Developer roadmap (Release roadmap - Native SDK for BB10 and PlayBook - BlackBerry Developer)

They also did a "BB Jam Unplugged" video where they talked a bit about headless apps (BlackBerry Jam Unplugged: Headless Apps ęBlackBerry Developer Blog)

My complete speculation is that it will be discussed at BlackBerry Live next week along with updated SDKs for the developers, and then will be possibly included in the summer update. Devs will need time to build and test their apps, and it since the 10.1 SDK is already out and doesn't have this (to my knowledge) then it's pretty safe to say it won't make an appearance for 10.1. Hopefully it will be in the summer update.
    05-07-13 04:29 PM
    Probably because it won't be in 10.1?

It's on the Developer roadmap (Release roadmap - Native SDK for BB10 and PlayBook - BlackBerry Developer)

They also did a "BB Jam Unplugged" video where they talked a bit about headless apps (BlackBerry Jam Unplugged: Headless Apps ęBlackBerry Developer Blog)

My complete speculation is that it will be discussed at BlackBerry Live next week along with updated SDKs for the developers, and then will be possibly included in the summer update. Devs will need time to build and test their apps, and it since the 10.1 SDK is already out and doesn't have this (to my knowledge) then it's pretty safe to say it won't make an appearance for 10.1. Hopefully it will be in the summer update.
    This is really awesome. Appreciate the links guys. Yes. I am really hoping for a summer update myself but won't get my hope up.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    05-07-13 04:31 PM
    My complete speculation is that the development APIs will be released at BlackBerry Jam Americas, but won't be supported in production until the summer.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:37 PM
    Have you ever programmed?
    anon(2757538) likes this.
    05-07-13 04:40 PM
    It has been discussed with developers many times. Likely to be in 10.2. Stay tuned to BlackBerry Live next week for technical details.
    05-07-13 06:13 PM
    Have you ever programmed?
    I have programmed systems software and the delays with BlackBerry OS 10 baffles me. Is the entire team working on a single piece of the system?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    05-07-13 08:12 PM
    Blackberry 10 has been years in the making, yet it launched without several functions to make apps efficient. Why would app developers create a app only to have to update it 2-3 months later.
    05-07-13 09:49 PM
    Heck the legacy os didn't get that until os 7.1.xxxxxx give it some time it will come eventually.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-07-13 11:22 PM