And yet here you are, defending apple. Are you obsessed with what BlackBerry users think? By the way some of you post, it is as if BlackBerry user's opinions are junk, not worth listening to. If so, why do you care what we think of the iPhone? Surely, if you're so secure in your choice, you wouldn't feel the need to even respond...

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    I am a Blackberry user and an iPhone user. I am happy to discuss either. As for what I think of the opinions of my fellow BB users, that depends on the individual's opinions.
    Blacklatino and reeneebob like this.
    09-30-13 01:34 PM
    You actually had trouble using a Z10? Oh wow...

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    LOL. I never posted at any time I had any problems with my Z10 or any of my other BlackBerries. Don't Assume.......Reread it.
    09-30-13 01:41 PM
    Actually, I'm amazed at how many Blackberry users on this forum have Apple devices. People are talking about their iPhones, iPods and iPads all the time, here. I think most Crackberry members actually like and use Apple products. There's a vocal minority that speaks up a lot.
    Never hurts to have options and I use multi-platforms like many others on here.
    09-30-13 01:44 PM
    Blackberrys
    3 Playbooks
    Z10- Using now
    z10- Wife Using

Apple
    1st gen Ipod Touch
    2nd gen Ipod Touch
    3rd gen Ipod Touch
    Ipod Nano
    Iphone4
    Ipad Mini
    Iphone 5S - little girl#1 Using now
    Iphone5S - little girl#2 Using now
    09-30-13 01:52 PM
    LOL heres one to get all the Apple fanbois goin

Solid - till ya drop it and crack the screen - ive replaced (as a side business) 1 x HTC trophy screen, 2 x BB screens (9900 and a 9860), no Samsung screens interestingly enough (got one booked next week tho) but well over 150 IPhone screens. Apple makes me a fortune with their flimsy crap!

reliable - yeah they are !!!! until the battery runs out at 2pm - love watching the 2pm scramble with my IPhone colleagues ... one bloke continues to charge his in the car on the way to the office and gets to 3pm most days lol ... The IPhone 4 battery wasnt too bad but the 4s and the 5 (in particular the the 5) were terrible ... I slam my Q10 and get a day and half
    This is anecdotal, therefore meaningless.
    09-30-13 01:52 PM
    This is anecdotal, therefore meaningless.

I have replaced front and back of of the ipohone4

I have cracked 1 palybook screen, but it did not shatter like the iphone4 did.

I've dropped all the legacy BB devices 100 times and no screen damage.
    I have not dropped the z10 hard enough to tell how the screen will like it.
    09-30-13 01:54 PM
    Yes it has great sales. But again, what's the big deal again? Why did it sell 9 million? What did they do other than re release the same phone for 2 years in a row?

Posted via CB10
    The big deal is Apple knows how to build a product that works, has an incredible apps ecosystem, that works seamlessly with other Apple products. In short, they are building products that consumers both understand and actually want.

The big deal is Apple knows how to market its products by creating incredible momentum from their launches and translating that momentum into sales -- you know, cold, hard cash.

The big deal is Apple knows how to support its products by providing multiple outlets (online, phone, store) for Apple product users to interact with Apple and seek help (often for free) when necessary. That, in turn, builds loyalty. Try contacting BBRY for user support.

I have long supported BBRY -- I've owned BBRY devices since the 957 and still own a Z10 and a Q10 -- but trying to belittle an incredibly successful product line will do nothing to enhance the standing of BB10 devices. All it does is provide another opportunity for people to compare and contrast the great products built by Apple (iPhone/iPod/iPad/iTunes) with the woefully inadequate products built by BBRY (Z10/Q10/Playbook/BB World).

And if those comparisons aren't convincing enough, try this:

iPhone: 9 million sold in one single weekend
    -vs-
    BBRY: 3.7 million sold for an entire quarter / $1 billion writedown due to inventory that no one wants
    09-30-13 01:55 PM

And if those comparisons aren't convincing enough, try this:

iPhone: 9 million sold in one single weekend
    -vs-
    BBRY: 3.7 million sold for an entire quarter / $1 billion writedown due to inventory that no one wants
    Just a little reality to that 9 million number:

And beyond sales by the company to consumers from its own stores and website, Apple's count includes sales to other retailers. While Apple appears to have exhausted inventory of the iPhone 5S, the nine million units include unsold iPhone 5C models at non-Apple retailers, analysts said.

"If you adjust for the 5C, it's not the blowout that it initially looks like," said Gene Munster, an analyst at Piper Jaffray. He estimated that three million to four million iPhone 5C models are with retailers and that the number of both handsets in the hands of consumers was 5.5 million.

from : Apple Sells 9 Million iPhones Over Debut Weekend - WSJ.com

Much like the magical 1 million units of Z10s order in bulk.
    09-30-13 02:12 PM
    Just a little reality to that 9 million number:

And beyond sales by the company to consumers from its own stores and website, Apple's count includes sales to other retailers. While Apple appears to have exhausted inventory of the iPhone 5S, the nine million units include unsold iPhone 5C models at non-Apple retailers, analysts said.

"If you adjust for the 5C, it's not the blowout that it initially looks like," said Gene Munster, an analyst at Piper Jaffray. He estimated that three million to four million iPhone 5C models are with retailers and that the number of both handsets in the hands of consumers was 5.5 million.

from : Apple Sells 9 Million iPhones Over Debut Weekend - WSJ.com

Much like the magical 1 million units of Z10s order in bulk.
    So even if you accept that revised figure, you're talking 5.5 million iPhones sold over the course of a single weekend. Nothing to laugh at.
    09-30-13 02:31 PM
    Benchmarks, I just saw the iPhone 5s vs galaxy s4, note 3, HTC one, ..... iPhone won them all, I'm not an apple fan but apple did a good job

Posted via CB10
    ADGrant and Erik Lehman like this.
    09-30-13 02:32 PM
    Go ahead and knock iPhone all you want. Last time I checked, Apple wasn't for sale because their sales are in the toilet.
    If BlackBerry wants to sell anything, they have to 1) find a product that meets a consumer need, and 2) price it accordingly.
    It's a tough market they are in. BlackBerry created it! Apple moved the yardsticks. At one point in time, it was fashionable to carry a BlackBerry. So if people slam Apple for being trendy, props to them for being on trend!!
    As far as calling people isheep, calling their products itoys or even referring to the whole Apple experience as being in a cult.... rrriiiigghhhhttt....

Posted via CB10
    solitude1984 likes this.
    09-30-13 03:33 PM
    I once loved my bb phones but then they stopped moving forward so I switched to iPhone. I wouldn't switch back to blackberry unless they offered something unique enough to do so, and they DON'T. Maybe blackberry has a good phone now, but why I would I want to switch to a totally different ecosystem when my iPhone allows me to do everything I want to do? On top of that, I actually found BB10 marketing (the little there was), a turn-off. I felt like they were alienating people rather than inviting people to join. And now, with all the crap that has gone on recently, there is even less of a reason to get a blackberry.

So what's the big deal with the iPhone 5S? It looks beautiful, it has a great ecosystem, it has a new OS that gets updates frequently and without the need to go through carriers, it's fast, it has a fingerprint sensor, it has an updated camera, it's well built, and it has a solid company behind it, to name a few things.
    Well, you can't dispute that Apples new phone is exactly what you describe above. Obviously a well made peice of hardware and operating system that has had years to evolve.
    Having said that, my brother and I sat beside each other recently and conducted a fun in depth comparison between my Z10 10.1 operating system and his younger 5S mature operating system. To be honest, I'm getting a bit nervous about BB even being around in the near future. I've been thinking of where to turn if needed? Apple is my first choice from freinds recommendations alone.
    So, after comparing things such as settings, mutitasking, games, email, text, apps, word docs, utilities, intragation etc...etc...I was somewhat surprised to find that the Z10 did everything on par or even better. In general, BlackBerry10 is just easier to work with. I have heard so many reviews explaining that BB10 is too hard to learn and use. I knew it wasn't, but had not really compared it to other operating systems fully. Now I know it was all complete BS. Keep in mind, I love BlackBerry to begin with. Also, I'm not a big app guy. ( even though I have over 120) I tried to be as open as possible going into this comparison. When it was all said and done, BB10 for me is better and it will be tough if that all ends.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 09-30-13 at 09:39 PM.
    solitude1984 and Zedi Master like this.
    09-30-13 03:40 PM
    Z10 is great and I think a much better user experience than iPhone (at least for me) with the exception of apps lacking.

But....as with every blackberry, after release, it takes a long time - sometimes a year to get the thing working as well as it should. Just look at the problems that have already been fixed with updates - random reboots (I counted 12 one day), terrible battery life (mine gets better with each O/S release), poor build quality (I'm waiting for my 3rd device - 1st one head phone jack died, 2nd one - has some glitch that neither I nor any one on CB has been able to figure out) - plus on-going weird quirks (change the font on SMS and write one more than 3 lines long and see what happens). To some extent this used to be a charming part of BB - early adopters finding bugs and improving the product - works well when you are the market leader, but is pretty lame when you are sub 5% market share. All of which is my opinion.
    09-30-13 03:49 PM
    For some reason BB fans like the OP are obsessed with Apple. I am not sure why.
    I'm not obsessed with apple. I have a 4s and an ipad. Doesn't make me obsessed lol

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 04:11 PM
    I'm not obsessed with apple. I have a 4s and an ipad. Doesn't make me obsessed lol

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you are just trying to justify you choice of a Z10 over a 5s. However, there are plenty of other threads on this forum that also concern Apple. I am not sure what the merits or otherwise of Apples products have to do with BBs current problems which have much more to do with Android.
    09-30-13 08:09 PM
    Perhaps you are just trying to justify you choice of a Z10 over a 5s. However, there are plenty of other threads on this forum that also concern Apple. I am not sure what the merits or otherwise of Apples products have to do with BBs current problems which have much more to do with Android.
    I posted my experience with a demo 5s and wonder what the big deal is. Why do people line up overnight to get these minor upgrades? That's all I'm saying.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:15 PM
    I posted my experience with a demo 5s and wonder what the big deal is. Why do people line up overnight to get these minor upgrades? That's all I'm saying.

Posted via CB10
    Firstly Why do you care why people line up to get these "minor" upgrades? Secondly, you don't even know what they are upgrading from so how can you argue the 5s is a minor upgrade?
    solitude1984 likes this.
    09-30-13 08:18 PM
    Everybody always talks about how iProducts "just work." Funny... When I swipe up on my Z10 in the morning, it just works. Stupid phone. There must be something wrong with it. Isn't it not supposed to work? Similarly, when I open an app, play some media, move some files between my phone and computer using remote file access, connect via Bluetooth or NFC to my car or music gateway, access the hub, respond to toast notifications, chat with multiple people across BBM, Whatsapp, KakaoTalk, and Line, screen share across BBM, edit pictures on the fly, and connect via HDMI to my TV or a projector, my lousy phone just works. I don't get it! This hunk of junk is clearly defective.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1, xBURK and Zedi Master like this.
    09-30-13 10:24 PM
    Hate iPhone. Don't you think the repeated push of home button is so annoying and awkward?

If apple would not remove the home phone, I will never consider going back to iPhone again.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 10:59 PM
    DING DING

So I was playing with a 5S at Future Shop...-round-2-fight-card.jpg

And Fight
    BlackStormRising and xBURK like this.
    09-30-13 11:03 PM
    I have replaced front and back of of the ipohone4

I have cracked 1 palybook screen, but it did not shatter like the iphone4 did.

I've dropped all the legacy BB devices 100 times and no screen damage.
    I have not dropped the z10 hard enough to tell how the screen will like it.
    So basically your saying that people should invest in a BlackBerry because the phone is durable?

cool story bro......
    10-01-13 01:33 AM
    LMAO

Most itoy just sucks because they are just "toys".
    Frankly, iphones are just apps launcher that drain tons of energy to launch and keep running things. If you take all apps off from an itoy, it's just another paperweight, a shiny one.
    Ironically, I would laugh my *** off when an isheep dies in the forest because his stupid toy wasn't able either to pick up a signal where most BlackBerries have 2 bars, or his battery dies within 2 hours after searching for network so he got lost.
    It would be the best Apple advert up to date.

A year ago, a French woman skipper saved her life thanks to a BlackBerry Bold. When the ship sunk, she fell in the water along with the BlackBerry in her pocket. Even wet, the phone have made the last emergency call before turning off in her hand. What would have happened if she had an itoy?

Seriously people, you don't buy a phone for its apps, but for what it can do for you, alone. Apps are secondary.
    When I bought my Z10, I checked the three smartphones on the market. Pro and cons. Blackberry was the most advantageous because I didn't have to pay for ithing 1 or ithing 2. Neither virus nor crap like on Android.
    Battery was good enough. (today my Z10 last 15 hours on average use). I didn't buy a smartphone because it was either "the most shinny" or "the most powerful". I bought it because it was the most useful.
    Apps came after. Am I dead because I don't have a native Instagram? Omg people you psyched. You are dead.
    How did you manage to survive that long when Instagram didn't exist years ago?

Entering into Apple World is like entering into a sect, a bad religion: brainwashed people, monthly fees for X and Y, the longer you plan to stay and pay for things, the harder for you to leave from the fear of loss of what you have bought, freedom is gone.
    Apple understood it. Give something shiny to people and they will come in mass like sheep or magpie.

Apple < BlackBerry + Android
    iToy? By the way your expressing your feelings towards a company that is not affecting you in anyway, shape or form you must be a child...grow up.

People like you are one of the many reasons why BB is in this situation...if they had opened their crusty eyes years ago, pushed harder and marketed well, then they would be selling as many phones as this so called 'iToy' you speak off.

Its funny how a toy is selling millions more then a 'business tool' isn't it.
    DS1331 and devin266 like this.
    10-01-13 01:47 AM
    once again 300+ posts discussing the iphone on a BB forum in section for the Z10. It never fails to amaze me
    ADGrant likes this.
    10-01-13 02:05 AM
323 ... 111213