Just curious as I await the March release from AT&T. Thanks in advance.
    02-05-13 01:34 PM
    Awesome !
    Superfastttttttttttttttt !!!
    M.Rizk, theegoldenone and jesse_h like this.
    02-05-13 02:34 PM
    Definitely like the browser. Coming from the SGS3 I am very impressed.
    02-05-13 02:38 PM
    I have it set on desktop mode so I don't get mobile versions, but it is either on or off, unlike android where you can pick if you want individual sites in desktop view, that's not a problem though, biggest problem is double thumb tap doesn't zoom in enough to read text so I have to pinch, the z10 OS is meant to be one handed, but like this it is not. Browser is fast and smooth but you lose all of your open tabs if it becomes the dreaded 9th app!
    So as with a lot of things on bb10, 90% brilliant, need an update to sort out the other 10% but I'm sure it's coming
    M.Rizk and theegoldenone like this.
    02-05-13 03:12 PM
    I have it set on desktop mode so I don't get mobile versions, but it is either on or off, unlike android where you can pick if you want individual sites in desktop view, that's not a problem though, biggest problem is double thumb tap doesn't zoom in enough to read text so I have to pinch, the z10 OS is meant to be one handed, but like this it is not. Browser is fast and smooth but you lose all of your open tabs if it becomes the dreaded 9th app!
    So as with a lot of things on bb10, 90% brilliant, need an update to sort out the other 10% but I'm sure it's coming
    Hopefully they'll "correct" the 9th app situation.
    02-05-13 03:37 PM
    I'm guessing as moels come out in the future, the 8 open app thing will increase as system memory increases.
    02-05-13 03:39 PM
    I read somewhere you can turn on a setting that opens previous tabs when you open the browser even if it had shut down.
    02-05-13 03:45 PM
    Hopefully they'll "correct" the 9th app situation.
    My thoughts are that they will have to figure out a way to tombstone an app without infringing on patents.
    02-05-13 03:53 PM
    I read somewhere you can turn on a setting that opens previous tabs when you open the browser even if it had shut down.
    That is correct. If you go into the settings, you set the browser to either show your homepage (bookmarks and history by default, or a specific page) or to open the tabs you last had open in it. Whichever works for you.

Personally I'm really liking the new browser. It's fast, it handles just about anything I've thrown at it, and yeah.... It rocks pretty hard. You absolutely won't be disappointed. As I recall, Java is off by default, but the performance isn't impacted at all by having it on in my experience. It's silky smoothe, very responsive, will totally do what you want.
    02-05-13 03:55 PM
    what about data usage? does it eat too much Mb?
    02-05-13 04:07 PM
    I would like to see more Browser competitions, especially with page rendering!
    Gunzo likes this.
    02-05-13 04:50 PM
    Haven't tryd loading big pages but so far it's the fastest I have ever seen on a phone.
    02-05-13 04:51 PM
    Haven't tryd loading big pages but so far it's the fastest I have ever seen on a phone.
    AGREED!. Tested this with my sisters iPhone 5 & my buddies Note 2. Faster then both!
    02-05-13 04:52 PM
    the browser is super fast. it loaded some pages in the blink of an eye. LTE FTW
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-05-13 04:53 PM
    what about data usage? does it eat too much Mb?
    That will depend on what you do with your browser really.

Like I've said a bunch of times, the whole 'blackberry compresses all the data' stuff was wishful thinking and has been for a long time. Regular web pages, even java heavy ones don't use a lot of data, and don't on any platform. The things that use a lot of data are video and audio, and BIS never could compress those.

Your data usage now will not be noticably higher than you are are used to it being with the same amount of usage.
    02-05-13 04:58 PM
    just got mine today. I have to say the browser is every bit as fast as people have reported

Oh, and I'm in love with this Z10!!
    02-05-13 05:09 PM
    That sounds great. For me the browser IS the biggest part.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-05-13 05:15 PM
    The browser is fast, but i cant login to crackberry (or more accurately the mobile nations login page hangs) and i cant find an option to enable text reflow.
    02-05-13 05:15 PM
    I don't know how accurate this double thumb tap works on other platforms but talking about reading web pages have you tried 'reader' option on Z10? I have never seen anything on any mobile before, one handed reading with the option of increasing or decreasing text size. I do think thats better than other platform browsers' ability of double thumb tapping.
    z1nsane likes this.
    02-05-13 05:25 PM
    That sounds great. For me the browser IS the biggest part.
    Same here, I can say the Browser is one of the major reasons I am dropping my iHell device.
    02-05-13 05:28 PM
    I don't know how accurate this double thumb tap works on other platforms but talking about reading web pages have you tried 'reader' option on Z10? I have never seen anything on any mobile before, one handed reading with the option of increasing or decreasing text size. I do think thats better than other platform browsers' ability of double thumb tapping.
    Reader Mode is really great! I loved it!
    02-05-13 05:31 PM
    Reader Mode is really great! I loved it!
    Feelings are mutual here my friend
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-05-13 05:36 PM
    Thank you all the your input. Looks like BlackBerry really did their homework. Can't wait to hear from others about the browser performance.
    02-05-13 05:41 PM
    It's awesome so far....super fast and beautiful screen.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-05-13 05:54 PM
    The browser is fast, but i cant login to crackberry (or more accurately the mobile nations login page hangs) and i cant find an option to enable text reflow.
    I get that sometimes on my pb. Sometimes after it just sits there and does nothing I will open my favorite for CB and I'm logged in.
    02-05-13 06:54 PM
37 12