Blackberry Maps works good however I have problems finding POI's. Put in a business name and it has trouble locating the correct business. Any Droid I had or the iPhone never had this problem.

Navigation on Z10 I find better than the iPhone 5 because of the slightly wider screen of the Z10. There are some really good nav apps out there (Waze, Mireo, Navigation, etc) and even the stock BlackBerry maps is pretty good at navigating to an address.

Voice recognition I do have to hand to iPhone. The BlackBerry implementation is rather weak.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 02:13 AM
    Camera?? I don't think so. I see a big difference in quality. The fact that the Z10 camera isn't as good is not a big issue with me. I have a Nikon 1 that I usually have with me for real photos. The phone camera is used usually for remembering something or a quick snapshot for twitter or FB. Quality not important to me.

n you compare the phones 1 to 1 = Z10 is FAR MORE superior! Better hardware, camera, much much lower price.

ummm....better camera? really

NOT

11-28-13 02:19 AM
    MotionX is available for iPhone and Android. They probably would have made a version for BB if they wanted to but it can't hurt to ask. Thanks.

Can you ask the motionx developer to port the app to BlackBerry 10? Should not be that difficult I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 02:24 AM
    Swapping batteries in the Z10 and having an SD card slot are the two best things about the Z

To just a quick point to the above. Having the ability to swap batteries whenever you want and be at 100%. Priceless.

If you have a spare battery, in 3 minutes, you can be up and running again. No downtime. Great peace of mind.
    11-28-13 02:26 AM
    Try Mireo. It's offline. Can store the maps to your SD card ( try that on an iPhone) and it's the best I've used.

I've made some threads on the app...taken me across Canada and the US with zero issues.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    This. Mireo works perfectly. My boyfriend has a Galaxy S3 and likes Mireo on my Z10 better than his Google maps.

And try SayIt as a siri replacement. So many options for voice services such as search, text to voice, voice to text, etc.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    11-28-13 03:17 AM
    iphones are for children or people who are simpletons.
    pvphooman likes this.
    11-28-13 07:41 AM
    When I ask the same question it asks me if I want to do an Internet search
    You aren't on the latest 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 08:19 AM
    Yes to everything except the camera, but then i take most of my pictures in low light
    In normal light (I rarely take a low light shot), but when I push my HDR pics to my plasma (via DLNA) they look great...considering they are from a cell phone, the Mrs iPhone 5 hooked up to the same TV (via mickey mouse HDMI cables from Apple), it always looks over saturated...to me it takes away from the detail and accuracy of some pics...overdrive the colour setting on your TV and you'll see what I mean....fine detail gets a little lost

Posted by my awesome Z10 running 10.2
    11-28-13 09:21 AM
    LOL no navigation?!
    There are PLENTY SAT NAV Apps, whith OFFLINE maps (hint - you do not need internet to navigate = no data used = no bills (especially abroad).
    Not only BB, native, but also - ANDROID. And those apps (Sygic, iGO, etc.) work with simple install from apk file or market.!
    And I am not talking about the fact, that BB maps have same online navigation. which works as well.

Voice recognition...
    What voice recognition? Never used one, and probably never will... And you would never use it as well. Unless to show off to friends. Or Unless you like "call peter" "dialling PETA" etc... And. oh wait - there's voice recognition in Z10. and it works!..
    BTW - how many people have you seen today, who have iPhone and use voice recognition?! let me guess. NONE.

LOL.
    when you compare the phones 1 to 1 = Z10 is FAR MORE superior! Better hardware, camera, much much lower price.

and then, you go to Apple bullsh.i.te like: you cannot send anything via BlueTooth (LOL?!?!?!?!), you cannot save files to your phone from internet via browser (LOL ?!?!?!?) and MANY MANY other limitations (like necessary to have itunes ... doh), weaker battery, worse screen etc. lol.

i just cannot understand, why should any reasonable and sensible person buy an iPhone

but hey, your friends will think that you are cool special and cool. like everybody else ))
    The OP raises some valid points. I would get an iPhone for the maps, actually I wouldn't but that doesn't change the fact the BlackBerry map needs to be improved. Try travelling to China and using the map on BlackBerry, all the names are in Chinese characters. That's great for the locals but as a tourist I was dreadfully lost. There should be a way to see the name both in local characters and translated text.

Voice recognition on both devices is very similar. Neither works well enough yet. BlackBerry set appointment function still has a bug in it which does render it useless. I guess I would give the advantage to the iPhone here as well.

Need some pow.
    11-28-13 10:55 AM
    More wrong info.. my brothers Z10 lasts a day on a heavy usage day.

I have a Q10 which is a bit different though. On heavy usage days I get 2 days no problem and 3 days on medium usage.
    My wifi/bluetooth is always on. I use android apps constantly like candy crush, instagram, snapchat, Xbox smart glass, temple run 2 microsoft lync, my fitness pal, fitocracy, shazam, apple tv remote constantly. Not to mention CB10 eats up memory/battery like no other. I'm probably on it all day almost. Answering atleast 50 emails a day.
    As you see in the pic I'm above 75% battery usage for most of the day which is considered high. I ended up charging it the next night since there was only 20ish% before bed.

Attachment 224926

Posted via CB10
    This is my experience as well. Recent updates have vastly improved Z10 power management.

Need some pow.
    11-28-13 10:56 AM
    This thread seems a little redundant. It certainly stirred up some fanboys! I don't really see the point in comparing phones. Each has advantages and disadvantages. Is siri better than BlackBerry VC or BlackBerry say it? Yes. Hands down. Are there good maps for all platforms? Seems to be. Maybe some better than others. Lots of great apps out there. My BlackBerry posses me off daily in some fashion but for me it's a great piece of hardware and I truly like the OS. Especially since 10.2. I have an iPhone and an android tablet. All great systems three is not right answer, just what works for your needs. To me if you so need VC and a great map then you should get the iPhone you suggested. It's a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:41 AM
    I just had the opportunity to switch for free to any phone I wanted. I looked hard at all the new androids, I already know the iPhone and ios7 very well. In the end I stayed with my Z10. I have mixed feelings about it, but I do love the phone and I think its the best (but young) OS available. Iphone while amazing just wasn't exciting and seems dated, if I did switch it would be to android. The new LG, Sony are sick

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:44 AM
    I just had the opportunity to switch for free to any phone I wanted. I looked hard at all the new androids, I already know the iPhone and ios7 very well. In the end I stayed with my Z10. I have mixed feelings about it, but I do love the phone and I think its the best (but young) OS available. Iphone while amazing just wasn't exciting and seems dated, if I did switch it would be to android. The new LG, Sony are sick

Posted via CB10
    Get the 10.2.1 leak!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 02:49 PM
    I have a Garmin that I use. I use my Z10 for work and I get too many calls to use navigation on my phone. So I have a Garmin for navigation.

Posted via Z10 10.2.1055
    11-28-13 03:11 PM
    I have a Garmin that I use. I use my Z10 for work and I get too many calls to use navigation on my phone. So I have a Garmin for navigation.

Posted via Z10 10.2.1055
    You take phone calls while driving?
    Not allowed here.
    I use my garmin when travelling abroad as the roaming charges are too high. For local travel BlackBerry maps is sufficient if you know the address, and if not just launch browser and find the address.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 05:49 PM
    Miero is excellent. On par with TomTom I had on the iPhone for half the price.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 06:15 PM
    I'll make it easy for u... go for a Z30!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:06 AM
    Wow. I don't know what set you off except the fact that you hate Apple. I wasn't bashing any phone. I was simply stating what I found better on the iPhone.

I have to disagree with you on a couple of points. BB has a better camera than the iPhone 5? Are you serious? Also people do use voice recognition. I use it all the time with the iPhone to text while driving. I tried it with the Z10 and there were so many errors it wasn't worth the trouble.

There are NOT plenty of sat nav apps for BB. I've tried all I could find even paid ones and they are a joke. I use MotionX for IOS and it's the best around.

I'm no Apple fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not a fan of anything. I just want something that works for me. I love the Z10 even more than the iPhone and was just hoping that things will get better for BB.

You want to know why should any reasonable and sensible person buy an iPhone? Obviously you're not reasonable or sensible and probably can't answer your own question. All I can say is some of us can afford to buy what we want even if that means BB Z10 and iPhone 5.

Have a nice day.
    Hey bro, I feel you. He did sound a little harsh. Take out the lol's and it starts to sound a little better. The BB10 voice recognition is not perfect. It does work, but it is hard to get certain things through a lot of the times. I'm sure they will fix this. But what tends to get people to steer clear from BlackBerry is the apps which as someone already said, it gets way better with 10.2.1 OS which is currently a leak. Truthfully, I love BlackBerry Maps, for all the options and information it provides (tunnles, traffic incidents, traffic, detour, etc.). But you could get google maps to work with some work. Which soon might not require any kind of work.

The camera is not bad on the Z10. And with the option to edit your picture through BlackBerry, you can make it look just as good, if not better. I know you can afford to get an iPhone. I switched my iPhone 5 for the Q10. And I couldn't be more satisfied. Sure I'm really into leaks. But what makes me love the phone more is how it allows me to be doing multiple things without feeling like I can't keep up. I have come to look at an iPhone as a toy, after my experiences. The navigation at one point was terrible. I just feel a company of their size and reputation should be doing a lot more for its customer to gain their absolute loyalty. And that's definitely not towards you because I know you don't really consider yourself a fanboy. If you can afford it do it! But if I can afford a second phone soon, I want the BlackBerry Z30. I think it's 5 inches of pure sexiness.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:27 AM
    I used an iPhone 5s at length this week. I was impressed with how fluid everything moves and how user friendly many of interface elements are. If I never experienced bb10 I can see why I would see no reason to switch. IOS is pretty nice.

But the BB10 hub and the adaptive keyboard are features that greatly stand out and are the reason I prefer BB10 over iOS. The lager screen of the Z10 also helps with apps like navigation.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:55 AM
    Well for one the battery in the ip5 isnt removable... and that is a minus for sure; all batteries die, ive seen many die in iphones rendering them uselss (to the average user, its actually not super hard to take it apart and replace)

but regarding bluetooth, acutally i do that daily.. not only between my own devices, but when sharing documents and files wih peers.. so clearly they also use bluetooth daily. You dont think its a big deal not to be able to save files from the browser? really? I guess my rebuttal there is; with the z10, u dont NEED your laptop, let alone two of them. Also i love the mentality that "since i never use this feature, its clearly useless for everyone" lol... I got the same reaction from a buddy when i was showing him NFC tags (which he wouldnt be able to use cuz he has an ip5).. his response: "ive never seen anyone use that, noone needs that." ... um... sure.

Also, did you notice how more an a few people have mentioned google maps / google voice nav ? Id suggest you side load that... nothing touches google maps/nav in my opinion.

Ive yet to try the voice control on my Q10, but my 9900 did it rather well (such an old feature now) so i cant imagine that its that terrible on the bb10's ? I admit I never found any legitimate use for it other than novelty, but I can see how some people would get a lot of use from it... do you have a thick accent of some kind? (just curious - my dad trying to speak commands into his car is probably the funniest thing Ive seen in ages lol - he has an accent, the car RARELY understands him, which leads to frusteration on his part, and laughter on mine lol)

I would also like to comment on you saying the iPhone has a weaker battery. Are you serious?? If I don't change batteries in the Z10 I wouldn't make it through the day. The iPhone, although not great on battery at least lasts through the day. I don't know where you get your information from. Also why would you say the iPhone has a worse screen? Although smaller the iphone screen is sharper and brighter.

Sending using bluetooth?? Who does that? I don't know anyone that has even tried it.
    Can't save files to my phone from browser?? Who cares. I have a laptop for downloading files, in fact I have two. Never ever had to do that with my phone.
    11-29-13 09:15 AM
    has anyone tried this GPS? This app is brought to you by the people who made droid store. Unreall developers all there apps are 4+ stars

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...e-maps-867955/

Unlimited, Blazing Fast, Offline Maps Support, Turn By Turn Navigation, Lightweight and Powerful Maps with Here Maps combined with Google Maps for BlackBerry 10.
    The 2 Most Popular Maps combined is the best *Feature Packed Mapping Experience* for BlackBerry 10.

100 times better then BeMaps. it includes google/here maps. Better interface. OFFLINE MAPS!!!

only for 3$ wtfff cya google mapss
    11-29-13 04:53 PM
    You take phone calls while driving?
    Not allowed here.
    I use my garmin when travelling abroad as the roaming charges are too high. For local travel BlackBerry maps is sufficient if you know the address, and if not just launch browser and find the address.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, didn't know that. I have blue tooth and it's not illegal to drive and talk in Texas. It's only prohibited in School Zones!

Posted via Z10 10.2.1055
    11-29-13 05:01 PM
    has anyone tried this GPS? This app is brought to you by the people who made droid store. Unreall developers all there apps are 4+ stars

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...e-maps-867955/

Unlimited, Blazing Fast, Offline Maps Support, Turn By Turn Navigation, Lightweight and Powerful Maps with Here Maps combined with Google Maps for BlackBerry 10.
    The 2 Most Popular Maps combined is the best *Feature Packed Mapping Experience* for BlackBerry 10.

100 times better then BeMaps. it includes google/here maps. Better interface. OFFLINE MAPS!!!

only for 3$ wtfff cya google mapss
    Can the offline maps be saved on the SD card.??

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 05:09 PM
    Can the offline maps be saved on the SD card.??

Posted via CB10
    No idea, ask the developer

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 06:15 PM
    That's just what I'm doing. Switching back and forth. I get bored with one phone and it's a nice change to switch for a while.
    You like both for different reasons, yet your thread title reads to me like you have to choose one or the other for some reason. If you in fact don't have to give one up, then just keep using both. Right?
    11-29-13 06:56 PM
78 1234