Used in the same way, the iPhone does have a weaker battery. To clarify this, consider this: the radio (ie. gsm/3g/lte) uses approximately the same power for all phones. The talk time is therefore related to battery size. The discriminating features are normally screen and CPU/load. The Z10 has true multitasking, meaning the CPU is normally at a higher load than other systems which don't multitask as well - a suspended process uses (virtually - no pun intended) no power. Bigger screen = more power required. Now of course, (AM)OLED screens only use power for non black pixels whereas LCD needs a backlight so there is more to gain there (I know the ip5 doesn't use OLED, this is more for other phone comparisons).

Comparing the apple and blackberry, the Z10 wins in talk time due to the larger battery, however the smaller screen on the ip5 uses less power. Coupled with the lack of true multitasking (apple describes it as "intelligent scheduling" in ios7), using your phone as a computer will probably last a little longer on the apple. You could argue that things take longer to do on the apple, but that isn't being argued here.

Anyway, whilst you could probably flatten the Z10 in a few hours if you really tried (full brightness, network, 100% CPU usage with backgrounded apps), the iPhone would probably last longer as it has lower usage. In "frugal" mode, the Z10 would last longer due to the larger battery. So as my original statement said, used in the *same* way, the Z10 would last longer. They just aren't used in the same way. Check out google for independent tests on battery life.

PS. I design these things for a living - everythings a compromise. On the Z10, performance is favoured at the expense of battery, on the iPhone, battery is saved at the expense of performance (intelligent scheduling). Which is better?
    Skyforever and wlouis89 like this.
    11-27-13 04:29 PM
    To just a quick point to the above. Having the ability to swap batteries whenever you want and be at 100%. Priceless.

If you have a spare battery, in 3 minutes, you can be up and running again. No downtime. Great peace of mind.
    11-27-13 04:37 PM
    So frustrated. Torn between BBZ10 and iPhone 5-img_00000632.png
    So frustrated. Torn between BBZ10 and iPhone 5-img_00000633.png

Posted via CB10
    vgorous likes this.
    11-27-13 05:22 PM
    I use MotionX for IOS and it's the best around. .
    Can you ask the motionx developer to port the app to BlackBerry 10? Should not be that difficult I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 05:40 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000632.png 
Views:	1743 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	224851

Name:	IMG_00000633.png 
Views:	1747 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	224852

Posted via CB10
    Right this is something new they are implementing I'm not sure which update though.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    11-27-13 06:10 PM
    I see numerous comments on the voice recognition for BlackBerry not being good or not being on par with other platforms. I have experienced the exact opposite. I have to do little to no editing when I am using it for speech to text. Meanwhile, people use theirs in front of me for iPhone or Android and it's not as accurate. I have also seen YouTube videos comparing the performance to other platforms and BlackBerry is on par, if not better. Your experiences are yours though, and I hate they are not what mine have been.

As far as GPS, the native maps works wonderful for me but, as others have mentioned, sideloading the latest Google Maps has it working nicely. Of course, if you are on OS 10.2.1 (which I am not), no sideloading needed. Have you tried Google Maps on your Z10?

If GPS and voice recognition are more important to you than calendar, email, etc, then I think you have made your choice to go iPhone. However, if calendar, etc is more important, again, your decision is made for you - Z10. ;-) As someone else already mentioned, the app gap closes almost completely with OS 10.2.1. Something else to think about if you find Android apps will suffice for you in the future.

Posted via CB10
    wlouis89 likes this.
    11-27-13 07:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    wow i didnt know this.
    11-27-13 07:30 PM
    n you compare the phones 1 to 1 = Z10 is FAR MORE superior! Better hardware, camera, much much lower price.

ummm....better camera? really

NOT

11-27-13 07:42 PM
    Yes the BlackBerry camera is better, not to mention better software support from right in the camera app. The iPhone camera is too colour saturated. I have compared back and forth from my wife's iPhone 5 and my Z10...the Z always looks cleaner and more realistic. I don't understand the problem with BlackBerry Maps, you give it an address, it finds it, and tells you how to get there...what else is needed?...it is even integrated nicely into the OS...click on an address in contacts, or a calendar event, or from an address in the browser...etc...etc...and it sets itself up...if you need more flash for some reason, Magellan makes a very good $5.00 app. My wife uses her iPhone about as much as I use my Z...mine comes off the plug around 7 : 00am...as does hers...but she's on the plug by about 4-5:00pm...my Z never sees the plug before 8-9:00pm. The screen on the Z is better, better ppi, and better ratio (length to width) the iPhone is too narrow. I don't know what issue you have with the voice, my Z does all it needs to...the other stuff that Siri is 'supposed' to do is just a novelty. the browser is head and shoulders better than the iPhone...people with iPhones dismiss the NFC goodness (file sharing etc..) because they can't do it. The BlackBerry virtual keyboard is so beyond the iPhone there is no point talking about it...end of the day, the iPhone only has app count...but with 10.2, that's a dead issue...

Posted by my awesome Z10 running 10.2
    11-27-13 08:11 PM
    wow i didnt know this.
    I started a thread on it in July/june when we got it. The voice commands are exactly the same except the iphone one looks better and has more character but who cares about that

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:18 PM
    For mapping (but not gps) I was very surprised with the Nokia Here site. Works amazingly, looks just like an app, but no app needed.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    When I ask the same question it asks me if I want to do an Internet search
    11-27-13 10:06 PM
    Navigation on Z10 I find better than the iPhone 5 because of the slightly wider screen of the Z10. There are some really good nav apps out there (Waze, Mireo, Navigation, etc) and even the stock BlackBerry maps is pretty good at navigating to an address.

Voice recognition I do have to hand to iPhone. The BlackBerry implementation is rather weak.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 10:19 PM
    To OP: I just went the other way, I tried an iPhone 5 for about 5 days, the worst to me (coming from a droid) was no data while on a call with the iPhone, sometimes I need to grab an email or check on line while on the phone and the iphone won't do that. Today I got my z10 and find it much better. The iPhone 'worked good' it's camera was superior to any phone I've tried yet, BUT I have 2 pocket cams and a canon dslr if I want to take a real photo so no biggie to me. So far my z10 seems snappy fast, great for productivity, and I'm not embarrassed to use it in public. The iPhone looked so teenagery to me with the cartoon looking icons. The screen was so narrow too. I can see people who want an iPod that's also a phone liking it, but for me, using it for business purposes, Bleh. If I couldn't have blackberry Id go droid over iPhone by a million miles.
    11-27-13 10:29 PM
    When I ask the same question it asks me if I want to do an Internet search
    up to 10.2.0.342 has it then I forget after that since it's pointless to me but I'm pretty sure 10.2.0.17xx/18xx have it.
    10.2.1.1055 as you see here definitely has it.
    11-27-13 10:33 PM
    I would also like to comment on you saying the iPhone has a weaker battery. Are you serious?? If I don't change batteries in the Z10 I wouldn't make it through the day. The iPhone, although not great on battery at least lasts through the day. I don't know where you get your information from. Also why would you say the iPhone has a worse screen? Although smaller the iphone screen is sharper and brighter.

Sending using bluetooth?? Who does that? I don't know anyone that has even tried it.
    Can't save files to my phone from browser?? Who cares. I have a laptop for downloading files, in fact I have two. Never ever had to do that with my phone.
    Battery in my z lasts 30% longer than my iphone5, downloading files is important to me and my z is faster at that than my laptop -which is no slouch, I can then send those files directly to mu wireless printer... So yes people uses those things. I also have both. I dont see the point in starting a thread to digure out which is better.
    11-27-13 10:48 PM
    Yes the BlackBerry camera is better, not to mention better software support from right in the camera app. The iPhone camera is too colour saturated. I have compared back and forth from my wife's iPhone 5 and my Z10...the Z always looks cleaner and more realistic. I don't understand the problem with BlackBerry Maps, you give it an address, it finds it, and tells you how to get there...what else is needed?...it is even integrated nicely into the OS...click on an address in contacts, or a calendar event, or from an address in the browser...etc...etc...and it sets itself up...if you need more flash for some reason, Magellan makes a very good $5.00 app. My wife uses her iPhone about as much as I use my Z...mine comes off the plug around 7 : 00am...as does hers...but she's on the plug by about 4-5:00pm...my Z never sees the plug before 8-9:00pm. The screen on the Z is better, better ppi, and better ratio (length to width) the iPhone is too narrow. I don't know what issue you have with the voice, my Z does all it needs to...the other stuff that Siri is 'supposed' to do is just a novelty. the browser is head and shoulders better than the iPhone...people with iPhones dismiss the NFC goodness (file sharing etc..) because they can't do it. The BlackBerry virtual keyboard is so beyond the iPhone there is no point talking about it...end of the day, the iPhone only has app count...but with 10.2, that's a dead issue...

Posted by my awesome Z10 running 10.2
    Yes to everything except the camera, but then i take most of my pictures in low light
    11-27-13 10:51 PM
    I would also like to comment on you saying the iPhone has a weaker battery. Are you serious?? If I don't change batteries in the Z10 I wouldn't make it through the day. The iPhone, although not great on battery at least lasts through the day. I don't know where you get your information from. Also why would you say the iPhone has a worse screen? Although smaller the iphone screen is sharper and brighter.

Sending using bluetooth?? Who does that? I don't know anyone that has even tried it.
    Can't save files to my phone from browser?? Who cares. I have a laptop for downloading files, in fact I have two. Never ever had to do that with my phone.
    More wrong info.. my brothers Z10 lasts a day on a heavy usage day.

I have a Q10 which is a bit different though. On heavy usage days I get 2 days no problem and 3 days on medium usage.
    My wifi/bluetooth is always on. I use android apps constantly like candy crush, instagram, snapchat, Xbox smart glass, temple run 2 microsoft lync, my fitness pal, fitocracy, shazam, apple tv remote constantly. Not to mention CB10 eats up memory/battery like no other. I'm probably on it all day almost. Answering atleast 50 emails a day.
    As you see in the pic I'm above 75% battery usage for most of the day which is considered high. I ended up charging it the next night since there was only 20ish% before bed.

So frustrated. Torn between BBZ10 and iPhone 5-img_00000616.png

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 11:02 PM
    One other thing to note, I had the iPhone 5C , it is SO slippery to hold, if I could ride on a 5 foot long iPhone I know I could win an Olympic bobsled race lol
    11-27-13 11:07 PM
    I like BlackBerry maps. I can search by voice, hit one button and start navigating. Oh and I can lock the screen and it continues navigating. Not sure if the others can do that.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 11:16 PM

The screen on the IPhone isn't sharper or brighter if you check out the stats. or you can just go by the fact that the IPhone has a "whatever their slogan for some lower stat item is".

Also, as far as having a laptop, it's nice not to have to turn it on, I have one too, its underneath all of my laundry. I've downloaded music from sites and don't have to worry about getting viruses on my computer, all I do is shut off my flash support on my Z10, no more worries. Also I get to skip the work needed to transfer my files from the computer to my phone.... and I don't have to wait for my computer to turn on.

I'll give you that apple is good with software, but BlackBerry 10 is still improving and they don't implement the asshat tactics of Microsoft and apple, hindering sharing files ect.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 11:25 PM
    That was my solution. Use Bemaps and it switches to Blackberry Maps for the voice navigation. Works pretty well but seems to have problems finding POI's. Apple maps is nice when it's working correctly. Google maps seems to be about the best. I like the street view.

BlackBerry maps has worked pretty well for me. Bemaps 10 is supposed to be pretty good, it uses Google maps. I've heard apple maps is pretty atrocious though I've never used it.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    11-28-13 01:53 AM
    Thanks for explaining about downloading from the browser on the Z10. I see now how that can be an advantage. I'm going to try that.

As far as screens go, I think it comes down to what looks good to the user. The screen is nice on both phones

The screen on the IPhone isn't sharper or brighter if you check out the stats. or you can just go by the fact that the IPhone has a "whatever their slogan for some lower stat item is".

Also, as far as having a laptop, it's nice not to have to turn it on, I have one too, its underneath all of my laundry. I've downloaded music from sites and don't have to worry about getting viruses on my computer, all I do is shut off my flash support on my Z10, no more worries. Also I get to skip the work needed to transfer my files from the computer to my phone.... and I don't have to wait for my computer to turn on.

I'll give you that apple is good with software, but BlackBerry 10 is still improving and they don't implement the asshat tactics of Microsoft and apple, hindering sharing files ect.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 01:57 AM
    Blackberry Maps is very good but the problem lies with voice search. Maybe it's my voice (no accent) or something but the Z10 voice recognition is not accurate. I find it dangerous to try and correct the mistakes while driving for example, than to type the request in to start with. I hate Siri on the iPhone but it's very accurate. Not sure why the BB is not.

I like BlackBerry maps. I can search by voice, hit one button and start navigating. Oh and I can lock the screen and it continues navigating. Not sure if the others can do that.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 02:01 AM
    I saw one of the 5C's. It is slippery. The 5 is pretty slippery too without a case on it. I love the back of the Z10 but I do keep it in a case just in case I drop it which has never happened but you never know.

One other thing to note, I had the iPhone 5C , it is SO slippery to hold, if I could ride on a 5 foot long iPhone I know I could win an Olympic bobsled race lol
    11-28-13 02:03 AM
78 1234