I love my BB Z10. Email, calendars, etc. all work beautiful and much better than the iphone. The gesture interface is genius. I love it.

The thing that is driving me crazy is navigation apps. I've tried them all. I don't know why they can't get that right. The iPhone is this respect is far superior. The other thing is the voice recognition. Again, the iPhone is far superior.

I love the Blackberry and want to use it all the time but the lack of decent apps and useless voice recognition makes it hard to do.

What does a person do? HELP!!!
    11-27-13 10:55 AM
    250$ or 800$ i could buy like 3 z10's for the price of an iphone.
    anon6113468 likes this.
    11-27-13 10:59 AM
    I feel your pain and am in a similar situation. That's why I have both. I frequently switch between my Z10 and iPhone 5. I got bored too often to just keep one phone. I got a moto x inbound as well!
    11-27-13 11:00 AM
    BB maps works great.. you can try Waze as well.. there's no perfect phone out there... you just need to look at your needs and which is more important..
    11-27-13 11:00 AM
    With the recent OS leak, the app gap is pretty much gone.

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-27-13 11:05 AM
    I love my BB Z10. Email, calendars, etc. all work beautiful and much better than the iphone. The gesture interface is genius. I love it.

The thing that is driving me crazy is navigation apps. I've tried them all. I don't know why they can't get that right. The iPhone is this respect is far superior. The other thing is the voice recognition. Again, the iPhone is far superior.

I love the Blackberry and want to use it all the time but the lack of decent apps and useless voice recognition makes it hard to do.

What does a person do? HELP!!!
    LOL no navigation?!
    There are PLENTY SAT NAV Apps, whith OFFLINE maps (hint - you do not need internet to navigate = no data used = no bills (especially abroad).
    Not only BB, native, but also - ANDROID. And those apps (Sygic, iGO, etc.) work with simple install from apk file or market.!
    And I am not talking about the fact, that BB maps have same online navigation. which works as well.

Voice recognition...
    What voice recognition? Never used one, and probably never will... And you would never use it as well. Unless to show off to friends. Or Unless you like "call peter" "dialling PETA" etc... And. oh wait - there's voice recognition in Z10. and it works!..
    BTW - how many people have you seen today, who have iPhone and use voice recognition?! let me guess. NONE.

LOL.
    when you compare the phones 1 to 1 = Z10 is FAR MORE superior! Better hardware, camera, much much lower price.

and then, you go to Apple bullsh.i.te like: you cannot send anything via BlueTooth (LOL?!?!?!?!), you cannot save files to your phone from internet via browser (LOL ?!?!?!?) and MANY MANY other limitations (like necessary to have itunes ... doh), weaker battery, worse screen etc. lol.

i just cannot understand, why should any reasonable and sensible person buy an iPhone

but hey, your friends will think that you are cool special and cool. like everybody else ))
    11-27-13 11:06 AM
    I can use the latest version of Google Maps on my phone since it supports the installation of APK files directly...

Just hop onto the 10.2.1 OS and experience the best...

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 using CB10 App
    southlander likes this.
    11-27-13 11:26 AM
    Screen size made my decision easier. Z it was.
    11-27-13 12:17 PM
    +1 for waze. Hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Have to agree on the voice recognition side... Wish BB would somehow integrate the functionality of "Say-It" with the OS voice recognition. Each is ok on its own, but also lacking. Together they could be quite functional.
    southlander likes this.
    11-27-13 12:17 PM
    To me other factors come to play such as expandable memory, removable battery, hdmi, bluetooth that pairs with other devices, awesome keyboard, the hub , ability to click and drag files, non dependency on iCloud and iTunes... and everything iMoney for that matter. And a screen that doesn?t crack so easily . But I totally understand about choosing a device that speaks to u. I have been happy with BlackBerry maps.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-27-13 12:59 PM
    How about buying Z10 and investing the price difference between it and iPhone on buying a real good brand GPS device?

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-27-13 01:06 PM
    Try Mireo. It's offline. Can store the maps to your SD card ( try that on an iPhone) and it's the best I've used.

I've made some threads on the app...taken me across Canada and the US with zero issues.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    11-27-13 01:28 PM
    I feel you Bro! That's why I have them both iPhone5S is my secondary phone while z10 is my primary. IPhone is unbreakable in terms of apps and overall feel factor. Having said that z10 is the perfect business device with emails sync and a super keyboard.

The bb10 Os is a new ecosystem and is growing and maturing daily.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 01:38 PM
    Wow. I don't know what set you off except the fact that you hate Apple. I wasn't bashing any phone. I was simply stating what I found better on the iPhone.

I have to disagree with you on a couple of points. BB has a better camera than the iPhone 5? Are you serious? Also people do use voice recognition. I use it all the time with the iPhone to text while driving. I tried it with the Z10 and there were so many errors it wasn't worth the trouble.

There are NOT plenty of sat nav apps for BB. I've tried all I could find even paid ones and they are a joke. I use MotionX for IOS and it's the best around.

I'm no Apple fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not a fan of anything. I just want something that works for me. I love the Z10 even more than the iPhone and was just hoping that things will get better for BB.

You want to know why should any reasonable and sensible person buy an iPhone? Obviously you're not reasonable or sensible and probably can't answer your own question. All I can say is some of us can afford to buy what we want even if that means BB Z10 and iPhone 5.

Have a nice day.
    11-27-13 01:39 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try
    seven90 likes this.
    11-27-13 01:40 PM
    Don't see what the problem is. I use Google maps and their navigation app, both work great on the z10.

In my opinion z10 is a better communication device than the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 01:41 PM
    That's just what I'm doing. Switching back and forth. I get bored with one phone and it's a nice change to switch for a while.
    11-27-13 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the advise but you might have missed my point. I already have both the Z10 and iPhone. I also have GPS in my car. I do use navigation on my phone usually when I'm with someone else in their car. You know, people that don't have GPS in their cars.
    11-27-13 01:44 PM
    I would also like to comment on you saying the iPhone has a weaker battery. Are you serious?? If I don't change batteries in the Z10 I wouldn't make it through the day. The iPhone, although not great on battery at least lasts through the day. I don't know where you get your information from. Also why would you say the iPhone has a worse screen? Although smaller the iphone screen is sharper and brighter.

Sending using bluetooth?? Who does that? I don't know anyone that has even tried it.
    Can't save files to my phone from browser?? Who cares. I have a laptop for downloading files, in fact I have two. Never ever had to do that with my phone.
    11-27-13 01:52 PM
    As much as you can do navigation on your phone, I prefer to use one built into a car. Better usage of my battery and it overrides what's playing through the radio so I can hear commands. If you're torn and can afford both then keep using them both. Glad that you're happy with aspects of both and it seems your meeting your needs.
    wlouis89 likes this.
    11-27-13 01:53 PM
    Ten point two point one

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal and wlouis89 like this.
    11-27-13 03:59 PM
    BlackBerry maps has worked pretty well for me. Bemaps 10 is supposed to be pretty good, it uses Google maps. I've heard apple maps is pretty atrocious though I've never used it.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    11-27-13 04:13 PM
    Isn't iOS known to have terrible maps? Sure they look good but they lead you to the wrong place and no where. People have even died because of iOS maps lol. I might as well add a link because you won't think I'm serious but it is the cause for many deaths which is funny but true. http://www.google.ca/search?q=ios+ma...25.uuZfb7KuMQo

BlackBerry has the best turn my turn voice nav but only to an exact address. It looks like a tom tom/garmin turn by turn. It is one of the only Navs that tells you that your destination is to the left or right.
    Google has the best for features Google maps is unreal for the amount of features they have. Which you can download/sideload any apk really. iGO is a good offline GPS map you can download the APK

For your voice concern. Soon BB10 will have full wolfram alpha support which is what Siri gets its information from uin iOS7 I'm pretty sure but a backend API so it won't be better then a full featured API like BB10 is going to have. Right now we have it half baked in BB10. But will have a full featured sometime in the future. All those fancy voice commands work and native ones like set alarm/open BBM are all faster then Siri is already.

SayIt is better then Siri just look at the comparisons on YouTube..

With that being said I'm not really getting why you are torn..

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 04:20 PM
    OP where are you from? BBMaps may work perfect for some but I've read in some countries it doesn't.
    11-27-13 04:26 PM
    No comparison - Z10.

Google maps, Waze, and BB maps (getting better and better).
    For voice - I never use it. But SayIt is getting there.

The use OS is killer. Any App that i need. Love the UX of the OS. (not a sherbet kind of guy). And, I like the openness of the platform compared to Apple. I can load my own music, my own movies, etc.
    11-27-13 04:28 PM
78 123 ...