I've had my Z10 for about 3 weeks now and I really love it to bits. I've also had a screen protector since day one but I don't use a hard/soft case for it as I mostly work at home and when I go out I put in inside a soft pouch and simply leave it in my bag. I don't like texting while walking because I'm scared I might drop my phone or something. My point is I'm very, very careful with my gadgets and I'm very fussy about scratches and all that.

But the other day I noticed that on the bottom edge of my phone there's a teeny weeny mark. The way I would describe it is that it looks like the outer coat sort of chipped off. I honestly don't understand how this happened as I've never dropped it or put it with things that might have blemished it.

It could also have been there from day one and I just never really noticed it. Don't really know. I took a picture but the flash made it look white but in fact it's really black underneath. I was wondering if the same thing happened to others on here? Now I also don't need people bashing me for "Complaining" as I'm not. I just want to know if others had the same experience because BlackBerry said that the edges aren't supposed to chip or whatever term you prefer.
    So "chipping" can happen on the Z10 edges?-photo-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:59 PM
    I have those as well.......from dropping it.
    Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:01 PM
    Never dropped it. It would have bothered the heck out of me if I did. That's why I don't even use it when walking as much as possible as I don't wanna take the chance.

Posted via CB10
    lui22 likes this.
    04-09-13 04:04 PM
    I have those as well.......from dropping it.
    Posted via CB10
    I've also had a screen protector since day one but I don't use a hard/soft case for it as I mostly work at home and when I go out I put in inside a soft pouch and simply leave it in my bag. I don't like texting while walking because I'm scared I might drop my phone or something. My point is I'm very, very careful with my gadgets and I'm very fussy about scratches and all that.

First of all, expect the worst. People here are of the opinion that BlackBerry can do no wrong. I really hope that mine doesn't do that. My LED is already wonky and it makes the OCD inside of me squirm every time I look at it.
    04-09-13 04:04 PM
    Weird. I dropped my LE Z10 on the ground in NY and it never even got a single scratch on it. Haven't used my Black one enough to notice any chips or anything in it. My iPhone 5 did the same thing though.. granted, I never really use cases either though - always going nekkid lol.
    IqWaN likes this.
    04-09-13 04:07 PM
    I'm trying to convince myself that scratches give character to your phone and every scratch has a history. With a little more practice I'll get there eventually ;p

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:08 PM
    Weird. I dropped my LE Z10 on the ground in NY and it never even got a single scratch on it.
    Lucky you. And the limited edition???? Wow!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:09 PM
    BlackBerry certainly can do wrong. If the op didn't drop it, then it must be a defect. The marks obviously didn't just magically appear. Defects happen. Take it back and exchange it for a new one. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:10 PM
    Lucky you. And the limited edition???? Wow!

Posted via CB10
    Yaa... my heart skipped a few beats. I thought FOR SURE it was gonna be scratched, dented or even have a busted LCD but... lucky.. nothing at all.
    jerryeight likes this.
    04-09-13 04:12 PM
    Yours must have an ELE = extra limited edition

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:14 PM
    If its only three weeks old I would take it back to where you bought it from and see if they will exchange it. It's worth a try considering the investment you made.
    04-09-13 04:14 PM
    *been an

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:15 PM
    If its only three weeks old I would take it back to where you bought it from and see if they will exchange it. It's worth a try considering the investment you made.
    I could try but I bought it off a guy who didn't want it as an upgrade from O2. I'm thinking I'll get over my quasi OCD in due time and live long and prosper

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:18 PM
    Yes. Someone else posted a thread last week with a picture to show where the scuff was. Similar to what yours looks like but the other user's was a bit worse. So you're not alone, but the other thread had defensive users on here calling foul and going as far as saying the pic was not authentic. Lol.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-09-13 04:29 PM
    dose your pouch completely enclose it in your purse? Any interior zippers or loose change that could bump it. Looks like similar wear my gf has on the new Ipad mini with the same usage

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:41 PM
    Does the pouch cover the whole phone? Cuz some case and pouch doesn't. Mine has a tiny weenie dent on the corner too since I drop it in the mix with my keys. May be your z10 is scratched by your keys or other items in the same bag?
    04-09-13 04:50 PM
    dose your pouch completely enclose it in your purse? Any interior zippers or loose change that could bump it. Looks like similar wear my gf has on the new Ipad mini with the same usage

Posted via CB10
    No, I use two types, first one is a soft kind of fabric with foams inside and a velcro to close it (does that make sense?) second one is a baby's sock

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:52 PM
    Exact same problem never dropped phone but I have a very small dent in the top of the phone, if I slide my finger along the top I feel the indentation. It's something you expect over time with these phones but I've had it since end of Jan and I've tried to be as careful as possible to keys and everything in one pocket the Z10 in the other and now I've also noticed a slight scratch along the top bezel can only see it at an angle but these things just bug me out!!! However guy at work has a iphone5 and it's literally flaking paint off like it's been in the sun too long lol my plan is to buy a phantom skins that'll hide the dent I see.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:00 PM
    I would also like phantom skinz but I don't think it's available here in the UK. Unless of course I'm misinformed.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:03 PM
    Arghhh really I thought they would at least deliver?? Or some of our Canadian/American friends could send them across to us???

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:28 PM
    Yeah that would be nice. I want a blue skin!! It might cost extra for delivery though.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:35 PM
    I'm guessing this is a problem with the black z10's maybe

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:37 PM
    I never had no case on mine since day 1, no chipping here

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:44 PM
    Do you live alone? Who have you let hold the phone? Looks like a dropped phone to me.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-09-13 05:45 PM
    My white z10 doesn't have any nicks on it and I've dropped it twice on hardwood and my buddy knocked it off his kitchen counter top.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 05:48 PM
42 12