Mine is pretty good as far as battery goes. LTE off, screen at 20% or so, moderate use. I get at least 13 or more hours out of it no problem. I am extremely happy with my Z10.
    02-22-13 01:07 PM
    Run With LTE Disabled.
    Wifi Off When Not In Use.
    BT Off When Not In Use.
    NFC Disabled.
    Location Off When Not Required.
    Keep my Brightness at "0" on the slider unless I am viewing videos, playing games.....still very good visibility for text, email, sms, BBM...
    Close Unnecessary Apps After Using Them.
    Magnetic Flip Case That Dims/Sleeps Display.

I am pleasantly surprised with the battery life after hearing so many people seemingly disappointed. I use BT in my car but shut it off at work. Do a little surfing (30-40 mins) via wi-fi and 4G each day (Crank the Brightness up for this), Text, BBM and e-mail intermittently throughout the day, snap a few pics/videos, browse Blackberry World, check my calendar etc...and make one or two short calls. Still find that 14 hours later I have at least 40% battery life remaining. And I don't feel like I sacrifice anything.....If Ineed a feature I enable what ever I need....when I'm done I disable or close it. The few days I've taxed it harder (75+ pics with flash on top of the usual use) I still had 20% remaining. I really can't believe it's as good as it is!
    02-22-13 06:43 PM
    Still at 6 - 6.5 hrs essentially on standby with all the battery hogs turned off.

I was talking to BB technical support last night about another matter, but I mentioned my battery life figuring it wouldn't hurt to check with an expert. He was shocked to hear it and stated clearly that it was BB's intention to have the Z10 last through a moderately busy business day and still have enough juice to get you home.

He opened a separate case file number for me for the battery issue, and promised we would work through some possible fixes when I have the time. If they don't work, he says he will go to bat for me to make sure that I keep getting exchanges until I get one that works.

So BB tech support was 'supportive' lol, I hope they can deliver.

***Edit

What a humbling experience a little bit of knowledge can be.

I've been whining about my Z10 battery drain problem in every thread that deals with the subject. I even returned one device and exchanged it for another in an attemp to find the 'magic battery' that would give me a chance at an 8 hour working day between charges. But no, I still could get only 4.5 to 6 hours before the dreaded 'red battery' warned of impending shut-down; and this with nearly everything shut down and very moderate use.

I was contemplating calling up my carrier and re-activating my trusty ole BB9700 while I put my Z10 away in a drawer until BB came out with a few updates that might possibly solve the problem.

In addition, I was having a relatively minor problem getting my exchange-based business email to shake hands with BB10, but with experimentation I found that my relatively unused gmail account was synching effortlessly. So as a work-around, I auto-forwarded my business emails to gmail in order for them to show up immediately on my Z10.

After a day of enjoying instantly forwarded emails on my Z10, it dawned on me last night that I could uninstall my exchange-based email account from my Z10 as I was getting them anyway via gmail. I did so, finished fully charging the Z10, and went to sleep at about 1:00am this morning with the device in bedside mode.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I woke up to find more than 90% battery remaining on my Z10! Imagine my further surprise as the battery drained down at a very slow rate during the rest of the day. And imagine my utter elation that it is now 8:30pm and my Z10 still has 40% battery left!!! 19.5 hours since I took it off the charger and still 40%... I'm smiling now!

Granted it wasn't a heavy day - a couple of dozen emails plus replies, half a dozen BBM messages, and approximately two hours on the phone... but still - 19.5 hours and 40% left!

Apparently my Z10 was previously searching diligently the entire time for the (faulty) connection with the exchange-based email account that it knew was planted in its guts, and the radio signals it was continuously sending out were causing the battery to heat up and it to lose charge at a very, very fast rate.

I'm now one happy camper now - and definitely looking forward to the world of jaw dropping features that the device is capable of, as well as the many innovations that are definitely coming our way as BB sends us updates on the OS, and the developers send us their apps.

So thanks to the posters on CrackBerry for leading me through the steep learning curve of how devices work, and thanks for all the helpful suggestions from various helpful posters... and somewhere I remember bristling a bit at suggestions from posters that there was nothing wrong with my device - that I had to be doing SOMETHING wrong. Well, it turns out I was... and dang it, does anybody know of anything that can make those crow feathers go down a little easier?
    Last edited by DAY1000; 02-27-13 at 11:14 PM.
    02-22-13 07:31 PM
    Keeps getting better. I get about 10 -12 hours a day, moderate use (phone, tweet, web, messenger, text). Got the phone on Feb 5, no bluetooth or NFC, but Bell LTE and WIFI on. I think a lot of the battery drain issues have to do with signal quality/strength (mine is good)...the phone likes a strong signal....and perhaps that's why there's such a difference between users.
    02-22-13 07:32 PM
    Oh yeah - and no dodgy android apps...
    02-22-13 07:35 PM
    Cell radio : I use 4G instead of LTE because the LTE coverage where I live/work is not great. And for me the speed difference is not fast enough for the battery sacrifice

WiFi : turned off unless I'm using it.

Blue tooth: turned on to use Hands free in my vehicle and I pair with my PlayBook

NFC: leave on

Brightness: I usually have the slider at about 20%

Allow gestures when locked: off

Average usage at work is about 30 emails a day, about 10 texts.
    About 5 phone calls usually less that 5 min in length
    Surfing on my work's Web portal for about 45 minutes a day
    Checking Crackberry a few times during the day

When I get home at 5 I am usually at 30-40% depending on if I was in a poor cell coverage area or not

I am very happy with the battery life thus far with my Z10, as most of my coworkers that have apple or Android phone are constantly charging them when they can.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 07:38 PM
    Battery is for the most part really good. I still have the odd day where it needs a charge mid day, usually only if I bust out a 3D game or spend a lot of time using social apps. I can talk on the phone all day and still have lots of battery. For this, I am truly happy with the z10 battery. App world update yesterday seems to have helped as did switching to a higher mah charger

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:04 PM
    They have outlets in Whitehorse?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:14 PM
    It seems that the Z10 batteries have a break in period I've had my Z10 since launch and was receiving 8hrs with moderate use now I'm getting around 14 which isn't too bad imo

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:18 PM
    Today i delete all android port apps on my z10...who knows it may be these android apps eating up my battery in no time!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:37 PM
    I can't get a Premium charger in the UK until BlackBerry's accessory store goes live. I'm averaging 10 hours between charges - bought my Z10 on Feb 02, battery life has improved.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 09:35 PM
    When using heavily (how can you help it) , it drains faster. Today it ran out so I plugged it into my laptop. When I unplugged it 1.5 hrs later was fully charged. Really fast recharge from laptop.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    02-22-13 09:39 PM
    For some reason the Z10 is charging faster after Blackberry World update?????
    Not sure why, but I'll take it.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:00 AM
63 123