Anyway you can recieve pics without turning data on? I had it working before then I changed a setting and it changed also

Posted via CB10 with a BlackBerry Z10.
    12-11-13 02:07 PM
    I'm almost positive that to send and receive MMS you need data. It's far too large of a transfer size to send directly as a text over the cell network. Needs to be "uploaded" and sent to another phone as a package.
    Last edited by theblob; 12-13-13 at 01:59 PM.
    12-11-13 02:15 PM
    Hi, to do so, just need to modify a couple quick settings, remove the apn from the carrier section then go to the SMS settings - advanced and type in mmsc section the mms settings and it should work, that's what I have done on a couple devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 02:21 PM
    Hi, to do so, just need to modify a couple quick settings, remove the apn from the carrier section then go to the SMS settings - advanced and type in mmsc section the mms settings and it should work, that's what I have done on a couple devices.

Posted via CB10
    Uhm can u explain more and help me?

Thanks alot!

12-11-13 10:38 PM
    I'm almost positive that to send and MMS you need data. It's far too large of a transfer size to send directly as a text over the cell network. Needs to be "uploaded" and sent to another phone as a package.
    Not send, recieve!

12-11-13 10:38 PM
    Hi, there settings allow both sending and receiving, I would have to know the mms settings for your carrier to give you more information.

F.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 12:41 AM
    Hi, there settings allow both sending and receiving, I would have to know the mms settings for your carrier to give you more information.

F.

Posted via CB10
    Where should I look?

12-12-13 12:30 PM
    MMS is sent via your cellular data to the link provided from the MMSC. Although it is required to have data turned on for this. You do not need an active data plan to sent and receive MMS. The data used for MMS is monitored by your carrier and will be charged towards your MMS usage, not data.

The phone needs to have a data connection to communicate with the MMS server in order to send and receive data.

The MMSC apn settings should be listed on your carrier's help page. Or simply call them and they'll tell you. If you bought your phone directly from your carrier, those settings should be pre-programmed. But ultimately you need data turned on your phone to make the connection. However, you do not need a data plan.
    12-12-13 01:09 PM
    MMS is sent via your cellular data to the link provided from the MMSC. Although it is required to have data turned on for this. You do not need an active data plan to sent and receive MMS. The data used for MMS is monitored by your carrier and will be charged towards your MMS usage, not data.

The phone needs to have a data connection to communicate with the MMS server in order to send and receive data.

The MMSC apn settings should be listed on your carrier's help page. Or simply call them and they'll tell you. If you bought your phone directly from your carrier, those settings should be pre-programmed. But ultimately you need data turned on your phone to make the connection. However, you do not need a data plan.
    So how so I recieve mms pics without flicking data on?

12-12-13 03:24 PM
    You don't. You might receive a text messaging letting you know you're receiving MMS but without data the content cannot download. MMS is sent through the Data line, not the voice line. EDGE/3G/4G/LTE etc.

If you do a search for MMS without data you'll see alot of people have asked that question and the answer is all the same. You need data enabled on your phone. Your MMS plan will cover any data you use for MMS but all other data if you don't have a data plan will be charged on a pay per use.

This applies to every smartphone and I've seen it happen on Android and Windows Phone. Without data enabled they weren't able to receive any MMS. Once data was enabled. They were able to. Blackberry 10 is no exception.
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-12-13 04:44 PM
    You don't. You might receive a text messaging letting you know you're receiving MMS but without data the content cannot download. MMS is sent through the Data line, not the voice line. EDGE/3G/4G/LTE etc.

If you do a search for MMS without data you'll see alot of people have asked that question and the answer is all the same. You need data enabled on your phone. Your MMS plan will cover any data you use for MMS but all other data if you don't have a data plan will be charged on a pay per use.

This applies to every smartphone and I've seen it happen on Android and Windows Phone. Without data enabled they weren't able to receive any MMS. Once data was enabled. They were able to. Blackberry 10 is no exception.
    Lol thanks for confirming what I said above and maybe people will listen now that you're backing what I said.
    12-13-13 01:58 PM
    Hi, what is said is true, but to avoid charges the SMS advanced settings allow you to set the mmsc settings independently from apn, allowing you to have a no apn set, which disables general data, so switch is on, but browser/bbm/email never gets to use data, only mms.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 232076

Attachment 232077

Attachment 232078
    12-21-13 10:14 AM