URGH!! I did the official Rogers update and am having huge issues.

All the conversations appear to be there but when you press on the conversations nothing shows up. Not only that, I can't create new messages send anything to open conversations and it's stuck on one contact. My phone is 100% useless right now! This phone has been perfect until now. Do not update this is a joke. Any clue how to go back to previous build?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:58 AM
    Just updated. My SMS history is there and no issues sending. Rogers Ontario
    07-30-13 09:17 AM
    Well, I didn't find any problems with the text history BUT my problem now is... the senders of my texts are undetected by the contacts app even though I have the contact details. So strange here as if I receive a text, I only see the phone number of the sender instead of the sender's name. Do you guys experience that tooo?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:40 AM
    How many of you with the lost text messages got impatient during the first very long reboot time after the update and did a battery pull? I think I see a pattern in the other threads.

Did anyone lose their messages after a totally smooth update installation?
    Mine was totally smooth install and the SMS history is now gone. I can not send text messages either.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:42 AM
    same issue here. Ran the Rogers update and it bricked my messaging.

update: I connected Blackberry Link and it notified me that an update was ready, it was small like 6MB. The software installed the update and rebooted my phone. After a few minutes messaging was working again
    Last edited by Felipe M; 07-30-13 at 10:24 AM.
    07-30-13 09:57 AM
    Anyone have a suggestion on how to get my text functionality back ? I can't send text messages, I keep getting an error saying the network is out if order ? Urgh!! I don't even know if I am receiving messages either.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:27 AM
    On Telus. Mine are all there after the update.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    07-30-13 10:27 AM

update: I connected Blackberry Link and it notified me that an update was ready, it was small like 6MB. The software installed the update and rebooted my phone. After a few minutes messaging was working again
    Maybe I'll try this when I get to work. Although I've never been able to update from the BlackBerry link software
    . Fingers are crossed.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:28 AM
    Lost my sis all together function is lost. My wife has texted me a dozen times, she is not a happy wife. Wish me luck

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:57 AM

I also got a small update when I connected it to BB Link. However, did not result in a restoration of my SMS history.
    07-30-13 11:08 AM
    My SMS text messages remain intact after update and txt sending/receiving still works too. It's weird why some seem to have issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:10 AM
    Yup, pretty frustrated. Smooth install, locked up texting. Hopefully once SD card finishes indexing it will sort itself out. I guess we wait! Glad I have two phones on the go (9360 for texting for today).

Update: Ok, media card finished indexing, cycled airplane mode didn't seem to do anything, did the 30-sec power button, after reboot went to contacts, selected "text_____" from their contact entry and we're back. Not sure if I needed to do all that, but I think once the indexing was done the phone repopulated the sms. Good luck!
    Last edited by KDB84; 07-30-13 at 11:50 AM.
    07-30-13 11:11 AM
    Yup, pretty frustrated. Smooth install, locked up texting. Hopefully once SD card finishes indexing it will sort itself out. I guess we wait! Glad I have two phones on the go (9360 for texting for today).

Update: Ok, media card finished indexing, cycled airplane mode didn't seem to do anything, did the 30-sec power button, after reboot went to contacts, selected "text_____" from their contact entry and we're back. Not sure if I needed to do all that, but I think once the indexing was done the phone repopulated the sms. Good luck!
    Hey, I had a smooth install as well and my SMS went away. I've tried a battery pull already but that didn't work. How do you tell the media card is finished indexing?
    07-30-13 12:06 PM
    With rogers. Didn't lose any Sms thankfully. Not yet anyways

And they also fixed the text message delay issue.
    07-30-13 12:23 PM
    My sms is gone after the update but it wasn't a big deal for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 12:24 PM
    K my phone had the txting problem when i first installed this update OTA yesterday and it took over an hour for it to fix itself. Then last night as i was talking to someone as they were sending me txts my phone lagged out and the whole convo disappeared and now im back to the same problem again. My txts are all their but when i open the convo it doesnt show ne thing and i cant send ne thing. Its stuck on the same convo even if i try and open a different one nothing shows up i cant compose a msg. Tried restarting my phone, doing a battery pull, resetting the hub. This happened last night around 130am so i thought id just leave it for the night and it'd be good to go by now but its still messed up. Wtf would they release this update if it just screwed a bunch of peoples phones. BlackBerrys really starting to **** me off they need to release an update asap to fix this i cant not have my sms doing this or im going to have to get a differnt phone

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 12:26 PM
    When you go to "Pictures" or "Music" or "Videos" app, if all of your content is there, it should be finished. Prior to this, I only have a few items and a notification comes up saying "Media card is indexing etc...."

Never needed a battery pull - was stuck on 100% for about 10 minutes before the OS loaded the first time (Rogers Ontario) I just did the long-hold of the power button (not sure if some users are calling this a battery pull vs actually pulling the battery).

Hey, I had a smooth install as well and my SMS went away. I've tried a battery pull already but that didn't work. How do you tell the media card is finished indexing?
    07-30-13 01:25 PM
    I am also having the same issue however I can text messages but I cannot text a picture via SMS, I receive the error message "General Problems". I also cannot receive pictures, I get a prompt "You have a message awaiting retrieval. Click the button below to download it.". When I click the "download now" button below, nothing happens.

Also, for some reason I am on the 3G network and no longer the 4G. I have been on 4G since I got the phone on the day of the launch, but since the update I am on 3G, not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

I am on the FIDO network.
    07-30-13 01:52 PM
    Had same problems..text bar doesnt come up when i go to text either. It came back yesterday, then its messed up again today...WTF is going on!? My phone cant text anyone right now. Yesterday it was fine. Please help!

Should I just wipe my phone? If so is there a way to keep my contacts?

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    Last edited by JBML007; 07-30-13 at 02:27 PM.
    07-30-13 01:58 PM
    I'm on Rogers. Just did the update. Flawless and didn't lose any of my text history.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    07-30-13 01:59 PM
    Telus guy here. Message history gone. Emails and Whatsapp and all of that just fine. Kinda weird... this is pretty ironically bad for a MR! haha.
    07-30-13 03:17 PM
    I had no problem, all hub stuff is there, including SMS, but instead of just saying this, maybe we could pinpoint the problem?

I'm on Telus, never installed a leak, didn't back up anything, and was on 10.1.0.2354.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 03:57 PM
    Just finished doing a back up and restore to see if that would help but no dice. All text messages are still wiped.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 04:00 PM
    I had no problem, all hub stuff is there, including SMS, but instead of just saying this, maybe we could pinpoint the problem?

I'm on Telus, never installed a leak, didn't back up anything, and was on 10.1.0.2354.

Posted via CB10
    that's a valid point, but how would we achieve that when it seems random. isn't limited by carrier or country, also isn't limited by if you pulled the battery or not on reboot. id imagine isn't limited by if you've had a leak or not (personally I haven't ever on this device) so I don't know what other variables there are.

sadly all I can say is having reached out to BlackBerry and Michael Clewly on twitter, iv neither had a reply or any request for data that may help find the cause. you`d imagine theyd wanna chat to the people its happened to, but nope, seems a bad idea lol.

edit: also just as an fyi, mine are totally gone, as in when iv text people and others have text me the history hasn't returned. Bottom line, the update lost my data, something which BlackBerry is normally very proud how that never happens, which makes their lack of response even worse in my eyes at least
    07-30-13 04:39 PM
    My history is modding as well with very important texts that I was saving is there anyway to retrieve them?

Restore from the backup you created before installing the update.
    07-30-13 05:49 PM
265 12345 ...