This is probably only annoying me, but when a multiple message text arrives (e.g. someone has sent a message over the set number of characters for a single message), the phone will beep for every message it compiles into that one message.

I know my previous Android phones didn't do this, and am pretty sure the Isheep crowd don't have this problem either.

I'm only saying as I'm not pleased when I receive a long text, which should quietly alert me to the fact, actually beeps five times for one message.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:55 PM
    You'll be okay

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    04-30-13 02:58 PM
    Every device I've ever used does this. They are separate txt messages regardless of whether they are the same message broken into several texts. Your device treats them as though they are separate txts, hence the repeat notification. If someone your texting sends you a message, then sends another directly right after, do you not want your device to notify you?
    04-30-13 03:01 PM
    Homer, the first part of your reply is what I'm talking about, the second half relates to normal texting; which is fine.

When you compose a text on z10 it informs you as you go whether the number of characters tips you onto a second or third multiple message text. I think the max is seven.

On all my previous devices (non BlackBerry) if someone sent me a text that was 6 texts long, it would be received as just one (albeit very long) text - with just one notification.

I only point it out as it was new to me, and I don't like it. But each to there own.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 03:13 PM
    Sorry, there = their, doh!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 03:15 PM
    Same here...you're not alone

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 03:15 PM
    Is slightly annoying especially if there is a gap between the phone receiving each of the bits of the text, but it'll do.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 04:26 PM
    life is goood!!
    04-30-13 05:02 PM