I've been putting up with extremely slow wifi network transfer speeds on my Z10 but the rates I am getting cannot be what its suppose to be. I'm averaging 1MB/s, quite often below that, so it takes ages for anything to transfer let alone files of real size.

The strange thing is if I do a few transfers they all seem capped at the same speed and can hit higher speeds if I do it that way, well not much higher but still.

Any ideas. It makes no difference if I transfer to internal storage or the SD card so I ruled that out.
    Last edited by dcbo89; 04-19-13 at 06:57 PM.
    04-19-13 04:51 PM
    It varies for me, but yes I often experience painfully slow speeds with app downloads. Because it involves the BB World server and not a straight transfer, I didn't want to assume if it was strictly the Wi-Fi capability. Plus my home Wi-Fi service is a ridiculous 3.9Mbps from Telus.

May I ask, how did you measure yours?
    04-19-13 05:24 PM
    It varies for me, but yes I often experience painfully slow speeds with app downloads. Because it involves the BB World server and not a straight transfer, I didn't want to assume if it was strictly the Wi-Fi capability. Plus my home Wi-Fi service is a ridiculous 3.9Mbps from Telus.

Ah, I guess I needed to make it clearer but I am talking about moving files, along the lines of music, videos, and from my PC via my home's wifi. network. Windows informs me of the speed that the files are transferring at.
    04-19-13 06:57 PM
    Idea: try switching your wifi router to another channel. May be less interference.
    04-19-13 07:32 PM
    My wifi speeds are fine for Internet though so I'm not sure that that is the issue

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-19-13 07:49 PM

I am with telus. I don't think the Wi-Fi is slow for transferring files
    04-19-13 07:52 PM
    I've been having the same issue. Slow wifi transfer speeds, never going past just over 1 MB/s. However I know what my problem was, crappy router that doesn't want to run at megabit speeds, instead dropping down to 10mbits.

10mbits works out to a max theoretical speed of around 1.25 MB/s. If your speed never goes faster than that, you may have a similar problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:18 PM
    I have a Cisco consumer router and it's still kind of slow but I do hit over 1 all the time. I think the router determines it here. I think I usually sit around 3-5 mb/s

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:27 PM
    Internet speeds are unrelated to wifi network transfer speeds. I get 18 down from my Internet according to speedtest.net so i don't think that's the issue

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-19-13 08:52 PM
    The same thing happens on the playbook and I have yet to find a solution.
    05-29-13 10:36 PM
    I just loaded a pile of music to my phone over wifi this morning and was getting around 10mb/s transfers.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:42 PM
    Change the PC's network adapters speed/duplex property to auto-negotiate. From network adapter properties, advanced tab.
    06-27-13 01:04 PM
    I am having the same problem with my Z30 only getting ~450KB/second on windows. my Z10 gets ~1MB/second. On the bright side, my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S4 and its a pain to even connect the thing, so dont be too stressed at these speeds, at least it works haha (on a side note, i used to own an iPad mini which got around the 600KB/second mark using iFiles. So im not entirely sure these speeds are slow. for wifi transfer.
    11-05-13 05:10 AM
    Don't know if all of you can relate... I'm having major speed issue with my z10 on my home wifi. I believe my cisco router is the cause. I read on the BlackBerry site forum that switching my z10 to 5mhz band only will fix the issue. Also others on CB said using cisco home router and having same issue....

I will try to connect only on the 5mhz band and I will let you guys know if it works.

BTW I'm on Z10 latest official firmware.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 04:04 PM
    So as said, I tried connecting to only 5mhz on my cisco router and it solved my wifi connection issue

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:48 PM