HI Mujib,
    that is a great news that you make it work on bbz10 - somehow i am still trying to install and make it work.
    any suggestions you can give me to make this thing work.??

for other members, i am downloading a general .bar file from google and trying to install it on my BBz10 but in between the process of installing the app crashes it self. i have tried enabling developer mode as well but no use.... stilll trying.....

Mujib - any help will be greatly appreciated ... thanks,
    04-25-13 12:29 PM
    HI Mujib,
    that is a great news that you make it work on bbz10 - somehow i am still trying to install and make it work.
    any suggestions you can give me to make this thing work.??

for other members, i am downloading a general .bar file from google and trying to install it on my BBz10 but in between the process of installing the app crashes it self. i have tried enabling developer mode as well but no use.... stilll trying.....

Mujib - any help will be greatly appreciated ... thanks,
    Installing the Android ports found on the Internet wont work as they are not optimized to work on the Z10.
    04-25-13 12:30 PM
    Sharing is Caring Mujib
    04-25-13 12:32 PM
    Wait. So then why would people label him in such a way? Because of helping? Do you mean promoting the proliferation of apps not authorize for release yet? How is he bragging only by telling us how it works?

If I tell you I'm running not the leaked. 1429 but a future release 1483 and and share aboit it's new features and not bragging how much greater I am than you, I'm rubbing it in? So if I "Help" by giving out that software, where does that get all of us?

Can you tell the difference when someone is merely sharing their findings or bragging? And to remind you he's put out that he's never under or signed an NDA.

Posted via CB10
    His post was 'it works I have it but I won't share'
    Had he just explained how it worked based on his use of a dev c he's informing.
    That's the difference. We already knew the app is almost out for the Z so he wasn't informing.
    FSeverino and Jedi_Blackberry like this.
    04-25-13 12:33 PM
    That's the difference. We already knew the app is almost out for the Z so he wasn't informing.
    For the WIN!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:35 PM
    The OP is bragging...

And yes, before this turned up into a trend, he said he got some help from somebody at BlackBerry and didn't want to breach his NDA for the good relations he already have there. Now he is denying, I lose any respect I've had for him as a developer.

To me the OP is just an immature show off. And in the meantime we, the real developers, are getting silly threads in the Dev forums from people asking us to extract the BAR off the DevC.

Posted via CB10
    I am sorry if this sounds mean but I am getting the feeling that some people are unable to read the things I post.

I only said that I did not want to ruin my relationship with these employees by sharing.

I find it quite offensive that you are defining yourself as the 'real developer' here.
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    04-25-13 12:36 PM
    OK- I believe I know how to resolve this. Use Google CHrome - change browser string to identify as a Q10. Go to BB World and download the Skype app. Sideload onto your Z10 - Done.
    Who is gonna be the first to teat this method?

Oh and claim proprietary information?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:37 PM
    Bar is already online. But we just have to get it to work on the Z10.
    04-25-13 12:45 PM
    OK- I believe I know how to resolve this. Use Google CHrome - change browser string to identify as a Q10. Go to BB World and download the Skype app. Sideload onto your Z10 - Done.
    that's quite clever, but how do we know the user-agent of a Q10 or Dev C?
    04-25-13 12:51 PM
    Bar is already online. But we just have to get it to work on the Z10.
    According to Bla1Ze, it's a fake.
    04-25-13 12:52 PM
    I didn't quite understand what he meant.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:52 PM
    So it's better that he doesn't share any information then. I agree. Some people would prefer it that way such as yourself
    04-25-13 12:53 PM
    Who is gonna be the first to teat this method?

Oh and claim proprietary information?

Posted via CB10
    It wont work.
    04-25-13 12:58 PM
    Only changing the user-agent wont have any effect. You cannot download .bar files from the website.
    04-25-13 01:00 PM
    I didn't quite understand what he meant.

Posted via CB10
    He meant we should change the string in a browser which makes websites recognize the particular device it's being visited with.
    04-25-13 01:00 PM
    Just an idea of how to do it and how he did it
    I dont own a DAC or Q10 to try it but

1) Install Astro from Astro File Manager for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps

or File expert http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/a8/38/4...v1.0.178.0.bar

2) Follow the application backup instructions here How to Transfer Android Apps Between Phones Over Bluetooth
    (For File expert its alot more intuitive, click apps, long press on the one you want and click backup)

3) Email the file to a pc and sideload onto z10 after converting on http://apk2bar.unker.net/

EDIT: It works for other android apps both on PlayBook and Z10
    Last edited by aliallibhai; 04-25-13 at 01:12 PM.
    04-25-13 01:02 PM
    Oh.... and. now I am lost.

Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:03 PM
    And this is why I leave app dev to others...thanks for crossing the hell out of my eyes!

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    04-25-13 01:08 PM
    So it's better that he doesn't share any information then. I agree. Some people would prefer it that way such as yourself
    What new info was shared?? That Skype will work on the Z?? Not news.
    Or that it's on the Q?? Wait not news.
    Or that you can extract bars from backup files??? Still not news.
    No info was shared other than hahaha I got it you don't.
    I like when news is shared, not when people go haha o got it you can't have it and i won't even tell you what I did to get it. That's called being an a hole
    04-25-13 01:09 PM
    Nice, i'm loving this thread right now. guys are getting creative, and knowledge is being shared.
    04-25-13 01:10 PM
    Installing the Android ports found on the Internet wont work as they are not optimized to work on the Z10.
    Someone should put that in a prominent space on Crackberry and anyone who mentions loading a Skype bar file found on the Internet should be banned. Sheesh!

Posted via CB10, rocking my Z10!
    04-25-13 01:14 PM
    Hi Mujib

Take a look at the message I sent you please
    04-25-13 01:15 PM
    The bar that Blaze called a fake contains a potentially real APK. The version numbers are the same if you check the androidmanifest.xml.
    The problem is you need to edit the androidmanifest.xml to lower the minumum SDK version required. If you do that, I think it may work
    04-25-13 01:39 PM
    Guys, please respect OP's decision. He is not comfortable in sharing the app, why keep bothering him and using harsh words against him? Why not request the app from Blaze? there was a demo where James and Blaze Skyping using Q10 and Z10. Lets be patient. We are all excited for Skype. Hopefully we will see it soon in the BBWorld.
    Mujib likes this.
    04-25-13 01:43 PM
    Non of my contacts have helped me with this.

There were no modificatons needed in order to run the Q10 version on the Z10. The minimal required version for Skype is, suprisingly enough, Tablet OS 2.0.
    Do you have a PlayBook and, if yes, have you tried Skype on it?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:45 PM
443 ... 1314151617 ...