This thread should be moved to twitter for its promotional value

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:39 AM
    Am I the only one who remember in saying he got help from his contact who is a blackberry employee and he didn't want to compromise that? Looks like that has since been edited. Like I said, I don't care about this file but please don't change your story.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    04-25-13 11:40 AM
    ok people need to do what i do now it seems, do all your testing and tell crackberry users nothing as who gives a f*ck about other people anyway? i am always testing things for blackberry and o2that people may want to know and i jsut dont say anything as it is mostly full of children who jsut throw their toys out their pram.

it all started when i pasted an email i got from blackberry about 2 new products and everyone was like show off and it was like no, its my job, and i thought you may want to know some inside info in the end we all realise that like the rest of the internet the place is full of keyboard warriors who think that on the internet they become important.

Soon no one will leak anything on the forums here as it will just become a negative and a waste of people's work to find it out

their are developers for a reason, because you guys should just not be allowed stuff, live with it
    In some cases this is the best thing to do.

Posted via CB10
    tstrike34 likes this.
    04-25-13 11:40 AM
    Am I the only one who remember in saying he got help from his contact who is a blackberry employee and he didn't want to compromise that? Looks like that has since been edited. Like I said, I don't care about this file but please don't change your story.

Posted via CB10
    I don't remember has I was caught up with na na na boo boo.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can assure you that I did not say that.
    04-25-13 11:45 AM
    Close this thread, its useless now, the guy wanted to show off, everybody has seen it, now there is nothing left in this...

We wait for Blackberry OR some helpful guy to release it for Z10. Thanks everyone for watching the show...
    04-25-13 11:47 AM
    Close this thread, its useless now, the guy wanted to show off, everybody has seen it, now there is nothing left in this...

We wait for Blackberry OR some helpful guy to release it for Z10. Thanks everyone for watching the show...
    I am surprised Blaize hasn't shut it down.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:50 AM
    I can assure you that I did not say that.
    Yes you said you didn't want to wreck his trust in you

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:58 AM
    Same as the other dude. Read the posts.

Posted via CB10
    Hey hotshot.
    Before accusing me of not reading perhaps you should read yourself.
    He has not posted a reason. Not one.
    Go look. I read before I posted.
    Maybe you should too Einstein.

Man I'd feel dumb if that were me.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
    Again it is not so much about giving it out or hoarding it (sarcasm) it was more so about the "gloating" feel of the initial post and subsequent posts.

Posted via CB10
    You need to read posts in a different light. I only see bitter dudes complaining that can't have it. I see smart ones stating they will wait till it comes out.

I didn't see it as gloating rather then showing us what's coming.
    You went BlackBerry and no Dev support and no open source for a reason. Remember that and wait till a secure version is out ..

And stop whining people.

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    And this is why open source is better. By now we would have had 9 different video call options being worked on. Alas I get to see a few guys crying because the op showed his ball and took it home.

Posted via CB10
    At least he didn't show his ball plural!
    04-25-13 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why would he? He is also probably laughing at all the whining in this thread too.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:00 PM
    Facts

• I did not sign a NDA
    • BlackBerry did NOT help me
    • I figured this out myself
    • I wont share the bar file
    This proves that your motivations are to brag.
    At no point has bbry indicated to you that you might not want to release this.
    You just want people to know you have something they don't.
    SebastianNap likes this.
    At least he didn't show his ball plural!
    Whew

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    I'm surprised Bla1ze hasn't posted the bar file. He eventually broke down and shared the Netflix file. Not sure why he is holding back with this one.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:01 PM
    I'm surprised Bla1ze hasn't posted the bar file. He eventually broke down and shared the Netflix file. Not sure why he is holding back with this one.

Posted via CB10

I'm hoping it's because it is due out any minute now.
    04-25-13 12:04 PM
    The bragging and showing it off would violate any NDA he has in place. The damage has been done.
    The 'look at what I got' if far more juvenile than the people upset with him. He's bragging and rubbing it in. There is no intention of helping. That is why people are upset. The OP is being smug and arrogant and this rubs people the wrong way.
    Wait. So then why would people label him in such a way? Because of helping? Do you mean promoting the proliferation of apps not authorize for release yet? How is he bragging only by telling us how it works?

If I tell you I'm running not the leaked. 1429 but a future release 1483 and share about its new features and not bragging how much greater I am than you, I'm rubbing it in? So if I "Help" by giving out that software, where does that get all of us?

Can you tell the difference when someone is merely sharing their findings or bragging? [Edit] And to remind you he's put out that he's never under or signed an NDA. Only by extension is he probably under the NDA of whoever he's connected to, but technically he's not the one who signed it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by WhiteSpir1t; 04-25-13 at 12:32 PM.
    04-25-13 12:10 PM
    Guys I got the bar from a site called goodereader.com and it's not the android one its the BlackBerry android optimized one. But u need 10.1 which I dont have on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:10 PM
    The OP is bragging...

And yes, before this turned up into a trend, he said he got some help from somebody at BlackBerry and didn't want to breach his NDA for the good relations he already have there. Now he is denying, I lose any respect I've had for him as a developer.

To me the OP is just an immature show off. And in the meantime we, the real developers, are getting silly threads in the Dev forums from people asking us to extract the BAR off the DevC.

Posted via CB10
    smartbuddy and tommo7788 like this.
    04-25-13 12:11 PM
    You need to read posts in a different light. I only see bitter dudes complaining that can't have it. I see smart ones stating they will wait till it comes out.

I didn't see it as gloating rather then showing us what's coming.
    You went BlackBerry and no Dev support and no open source for a reason. Remember that and wait till a secure version is out ..

And stop whining people.

Posted via CB10
    Stan...it really doesn't matter. I am not begging for the file, I did not slam the guy, and I can and or cannot wait for the "official" release. It doesn't matter to me.

I have not gone the dev route (thought about it though) care to help me get started?

Having read a lot of post on beta testing apps and phones...in comparison the op's post was sorta bragadious.

But really it is what it is he has it, no one else does...life goes on.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    He said he didn't think very would appreciate the release. I don't think he said anything about a contact. And for the record I am NOT on team OP
    Mujib likes this.
    04-25-13 12:24 PM
    Stan...it really doesn't matter. I am not begging for the file, I did not slam the guy, and I can and or cannot wait for the "official" release. It doesn't matter to me.

I have not gone the dev route (thought about it though) care to help me get started?

Having read a lot of post on beta testing apps and phones...in comparison the op's post was sorta bragadious.

But really it is what it is he has it, no one else does...life goes on.

Posted via CB10
    A Dev for BlackBerry is a narrow path. Make a difference if you want to be a Dev. Go droid. You'll be helping way more people. And you hav e more, much more to work with. A Dev for BlackBerry is a glorified tester. They won't let you get onto the code in the kernals or anywhere else. The slow opening of api' s shows me that.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:25 PM
    OK- I believe I know how to resolve this. Use Google CHrome - change browser string to identify as a Q10. Go to BB World and download the Skype app. Sideload onto your Z10 - Done.
    04-25-13 12:26 PM
    OK- I believe I know how to resolve this. Use Google CHrome - change browser string to identify as a Q10. Go to BB World and download the Skype app. Sideload onto your Z10 - Done.
    Hmmm

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:27 PM
    Hi there!

I just saw the post of Skype being available for the Q10 or Dev C. The first thing I did was get the .bar and install on my Z10.

*drum roll sound fx* IT WORKS!

Device: Z10STL100-1 @ 10.0.10.738 (Limited Edition ^_^)
    Bar file: Unmodified Q10 edition

Note: No BlackBerry Employee leaked or installed this on my device. I achieved this by my self. BLACKBERRY DID NOT HELP ME

Bug found:

When you are in a Skype conversation and you receive a normal call, you can answer the normal call. Here's the problem. When you end your normal call Skype freezes, screen turns black and crashes.

---

Lets clear things up;

- Why I wont share the .bar file
    I wont because I dont feel comfortable doing this as this might ruin my bussiness relationship with certain people.
    I dont understand why people are calling me greedy and such. Image this happening to your own products.

- How?
    I did not use Sachup or Dingleberry. And I am not going to tell how I did do it as I promised a BlackBerry employee to keep this trick to myself. Again, I dont want to ruin my bussiness relationship over a simple file.

And some questions which were asked. (General Skype questions mostly)

- Does it integrate with the Hub?
    It does. It has its own Skype icon in the Hub. Also when you open a conversation from the Hub the conversation view in Skype is opened.

- Does it integrate with the Contacts?
    - It kinda does. Skype contacts wont be shown as seperate contacts like Facebook and Twitter. But there is a seperate Skype list item where it shows your username. On the Dev Alpha C (or Q10) it's not grayed out; when you click on it , it will open Skype up with the appropriate profile.

- Does it work when the app is closed?
    Yes. Both calls and chat messages. When you receive an message it pops up in the Hub, and when you are called the Skype App will be openend. You do have to be signed in (obviously).

---

Some screenshots;

BlackBerry Hub Skype Chat Notification
    Attachment 154720

Fun litte calling indicator icon in the statusbar
    Attachment 154721

I'll upload some more if requested.

If your not going to share the. Bar file what's point of this thread not attacking you, just saying...
    04-25-13 12:28 PM
443 ... 1213141516 ...