^^^ what he said!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:33 AM
    I am not sure if you guys dont understand but he said he WASNT releasing the .bar file, why? look in the first post, if you are to lazy then its because he got the trick from a BlackBerry insider, he knows peeps, who know peeps, who are friends with peeps, calm down. One would think everyone would be excited enough for this, this is way out of hand.
    04-25-13 07:53 AM
    Another bug I found is the sounds and notifications sounds play even though the phone is on silent.

Some examples running on my DevAlphaC

Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-img_00000320.jpg

Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-img_00000321.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:06 AM
    I think its a good thing you're not sharing the bar file, you do that and the forums will be filled with complaints about how much BB10 has failed, and most likely the complaints will come from the people that asked you to upload in the first place! Thanks for the update.
    Doesnt matter if he/she shared the file, when it comes out ...skype that is...im pretty certain that we will still have people complaining and moaning that the Z10 sucks and BB10 is dead all because the app might have a few bugs in it. Fact is that its an Android port rather than being native, which i think is pretty sad that skype with all that money they have...cannot be bothered to make a native app but yet taking the easy option and giving us an Android ported version to work on the BB10 platform. Hopefully it wont be as laggy as some Android ported apps that ive used ie Kindle and Ebay are 2 of the worst ones ive used and it infuriates me that they cant or wont develop a native version for the BB10 platform.
    Blacklatino and geoffsdad like this.
    04-25-13 08:20 AM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:26 AM
    I just read 13 pages of blah blah blah, nya nya and i hate you posts. wow. just wow. I ca wait but it would be nice to Preview it. I have been bugging the hell out of skype on their FB daily. Maybe they will pony up the version to me.I think somebody should just close this thread as over the next few weeks it will be another 13 or so pages of waaa waaa waa, oh noes and i hate you type of stuff.
    04-25-13 08:36 AM
    Skype just rebooted my DAC while speaking with my brother via videocall.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:36 AM
    Another bug I found is the sounds and notifications sounds play even though the phone is on silent.
    See, that is what worries me a little, because that is exactly what the dreaded eBay crapp did and that one was a battery wrecker.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:31 AM
    I am not sure if you guys dont understand but he said he WASNT releasing the .bar file, why? look in the first post, if you are to lazy then its because he got the trick from a BlackBerry insider, he knows peeps, who know peeps, who are friends with peeps, calm down. One would think everyone would be excited enough for this, this is way out of hand.
    I think you misunderstood me; I did not get the trick from anyone. I figured this out myself.

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    04-25-13 10:31 AM
    Bbb files are actually zip files, if you extract the back up of a dev alpha c or a a10 you should be able to get the bar file out.
    First step rename the backup to. Zip from. Bbb

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:34 AM
    Bbb files are actually zip files, if you extract the back up of a dev alpha c or a a10 you should be able to get the bar file out.
    First step rename the backup to. Zip from. Bbb

Posted via CB10
    This used to work. After Dingleberry for Playbook they started encrypting back-up files.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:37 AM
    I think you misunderstood me; I did not get the trick from anyone. I figured this out myself.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm....not that I care about this file or getting Skype this instant but did you edit some posts, because at one point you did say you wouldn't release it because of the "Help" you received from a blackberry employee. You didn't want to compromise your relationship remember?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:48 AM
    Qqq

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:02 AM
    Hmmmm....not that I care about this file or getting Skype this instant but did you edit some posts, because at one point you did say you wouldn't release it because of the "Help" you received from a blackberry employee. You didn't want to compromise your relationship remember?

Posted via CB10
    I dont Remember saying that as it is not the case. Again, I did not receive help from BlackBerry Employees.

The posts I edit contained grammar or spelling mistakes. Also I have combined some posts in order to make the information and my answers to people a bit more clear and readable.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:09 AM
    Damm those Dev phones look better than the real deal

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:11 AM
    Hi there!

I just saw the post of Skype being available for the Q10 or Dev C. The first thing I did was get the .bar and install on my Z10.

*drum roll sound fx* IT WORKS!

Device: Z10STL100-1 @ 10.0.10.738 (Limited Edition ^_^)
    Bar file: Unmodified Q10 edition

Note: No BlackBerry Employee leaked or installed this on my device. I achieved this by my self.

Bug found:

When you are in a Skype conversation and you receive a normal call, you can answer the normal call. Here's the problem. When you end your normal call Skype freezes, screen turns black and crashes.

---

Lets clear things up;

- Why I wont share the .bar file
    I wont because I dont feel comfortable doing this as this might ruin my bussiness relationship with certain people.
    I dont understand why people are calling me greedy and such. Image this happening to your own products.

- How?
    I did not use Sachup or Dingleberry. And I am not going to tell how I did do it as I promised a BlackBerry employee to keep this trick to myself. Again, I dont want to ruin my bussiness relationship over a simple file.

And some questions which were asked. (General Skype questions mostly)

- Does it integrate with the Hub?
    It does. It has its own Skype icon in the Hub. Also when you open a conversation from the Hub the conversation view in Skype is opened.

- Does it integrate with the Contacts?
    - It kinda does. Skype contacts wont be shown as seperate contacts like Facebook and Twitter. But there is a seperate Skype list item where it shows your username. On the Dev Alpha C (or Q10) it's not grayed out; when you click on it , it will open Skype up with the appropriate profile.

- Does it work when the app is closed?
    Yes. Both calls and chat messages. When you receive an message it pops up in the Hub, and when you are called the Skype App will be openend. You do have to be signed in (obviously).

---

Some screenshots;

BlackBerry Hub Skype Chat Notification
    Attachment 154720

Fun litte calling indicator icon in the statusbar
    Attachment 154721

I'll upload some more if requested.
    Great post!

I do believe that human temptations can contribute to their and a community's downfall. Once this is leaked to one person, and before you know it, another has it and then another.

Hold on to it. Don't give it out if you have no right to do so. People are calling you greedy because you have it and they don't. It is also a way of getting you to give in and submit to them by name calling. It's cute in a juvenile sort of way.

Let's not jeopardize your relationship with the employee since we do like these kind of posts

Posted via CB10
    Mujib, MsBrittz1016 and fbloise like this.
    04-25-13 11:13 AM
    Great post!

I do believe that human temptations can contribute to their and a community's downfall. Once this is leaked to one person, and before you know it, another has it and then another.

Hold on to it. Don't give it out if you have no right to do so. People are calling you greedy because you have it and they don't. It is also a way of getting you to give in and submit to them by name calling. It's cute in a juvenile sort of way.

Let's not jeopardize your relationship with the employee since we do like these kind of posts

Posted via CB10
    The bragging and showing it off would violate any NDA he has in place. The damage has been done.
    The 'look at what I got' if far more juvenile than the people upset with him. He's bragging and rubbing it in. There is no intention of helping. That is why people are upset. The OP is being smug and arrogant and this rubs people the wrong way.
    Icarus3000 and smartbuddy like this.
    04-25-13 11:18 AM
    Give it a ******* rest already. Unless you are dev for the Q10.... your not getting the Skype. The op and blaize have confirmed its functionality on the Z10 (why it couldn't be left well enough alone, I don't know) but it is what it is. Personally I could careless with the whole thing I just think it was a matter of gloating and could have been handled in a much different way.

Posted via CB10
    what answering a question from the moderators and working out if it does work on Z10 you dont see why? you need your head looked at, we have answers, we dont need the app, he already said it closes itself when you end a call so not finalised anyway, yeh give me some beta crap jsut because i like to have shiny things that everyone else...yawn....go home
    04-25-13 11:21 AM
    Bla1ze, I am disappointed you are stirring the pot.
    Now what's your excuse for not sharing?
    Same as the other dude. Read the posts.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:21 AM
    The bragging and showing it off would violate any NDA he has in place. The damage has been done.
    The 'look at what I got' if far more juvenile than the people upset with him. He's bragging and rubbing it in. There is no intention of helping. That is why people are upset. The OP is being smug and arrogant and this rubs people the wrong way.
    And this is why open source is better. By now we would have had 9 different video call options being worked on. Alas I get to see a few guys crying because the op showed his ball and took it home.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:23 AM
    ok people need to do what i do now it seems, do all your testing and tell crackberry users nothing as who gives a f*ck about other people anyway? i am always testing things for blackberry and o2that people may want to know and i jsut dont say anything as it is mostly full of children who jsut throw their toys out their pram.

it all started when i pasted an email i got from blackberry about 2 new products and everyone was like show off and it was like no, its my job, and i thought you may want to know some inside info in the end we all realise that like the rest of the internet the place is full of keyboard warriors who think that on the internet they become important.

Soon no one will leak anything on the forums here as it will just become a negative and a waste of people's work to find it out

their are developers for a reason, because you guys should just not be allowed stuff, live with it
    04-25-13 11:23 AM
    Facts

• I did not sign a NDA
    • BlackBerry did NOT help me
    • I figured this out myself
    • I wont share the bar file
    ralfyguy and bobshine like this.
    04-25-13 11:30 AM
    what answering a question from the moderators and working out if it does work on Z10 you dont see why? you need your head looked at, we have answers, we dont need the app, he already said it closes itself when you end a call so not finalised anyway, yeh give me some beta crap jsut because i like to have shiny things that everyone else...yawn....go home
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
    Again it is not so much about giving it out or hoarding it (sarcasm) it was more so about the "gloating" feel of the initial post and subsequent posts.

What moderator asked a question? Blaize threw his confirmations in the discussion to support the op. I never questioned the validity of the app working on the Z10.

As stated before the functionality of Skype doesn't work for me as I am not wifi connected all the time nor do I have tons of people on Skype. So I truly have very little vested interest in this (outside of having it sit on my phone with about 3% possible usage.). I never slammed the op...I simply said share the wealth (and nit solely to me in pm).

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:36 AM
    Facts

• I did not sign a NDA
    • BlackBerry did NOT help me
    • I figured this out myself
    • I wont share the bar file
    This thread should be moved to twitter for its promotional value

Posted via CB10
    fbloise and adrianod1993 like this.
    04-25-13 11:37 AM
443 ... 1112131415 ...