Ok why did you have to make a thread just to say you have it and then not share it? I was content waiting til launch. I unlike some people on the site know it's coming but people are going around thinking it's Q10 exclusive when rather its 10.1 exclusive just like how alot of apps like WhatsApp wouldn't work unless you had the latest software
    Anyways my point is it seems like your gloating. We would be been fine waiting. And u won't share.
    You said you didn't wanna ruin your relationship with certain people or with blackberry but is this thread really helping your relationship either? Going around flaunting the app.

Don't get me wrong I respect you for not releasing it. And I'm not asking for it but maybe you should be kept your mouth shut all together

Posted via CB10
    While I agree that this comes across a little like gloating, the OP had information to disclose that we hadn't known before today. As frustrating as it might be that we all can't share in this yet, it WILL come soon and now we have a better idea of what to expect.
    Bla1ze, Mujib, Freakatola and 6 others like this.
    04-25-13 01:40 AM
    I think its a good thing you're not sharing the bar file, you do that and the forums will be filled with complaints about how much BB10 has failed, and most likely the complaints will come from the people that asked you to upload in the first place! Thanks for the update.
    Mujib, indie_b and Blacklatino like this.
    04-25-13 03:49 AM
    there is skype. bar from e good reader for z10.
    it android converted apps, but i havent try it yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 03:59 AM
    Bar file or its photo shopped

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 04:05 AM
    Now here is a thought..

What if his buddy at BlackBerry installed it on his phone and it was never ported from Q? All you guys are trying to port it and it may never work.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    No-one from BlackBerry helped me with this.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-25-13 04:19 AM
    Mujib I am still waiting for a reply from my PM.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 04:21 AM
    likely his "contact" merely edited some bar-descriptor.xml file to account for the z10 resolution. I am sure if someone has microsoft visual basic, the SDK plugin, you can edit the XML file to take into account the resolution differences and build number of the blackberry OS on the z10. I can try editing it, but the NDK will take 5 hours to download
    Non of my contacts have helped me with this.

There were no modificatons needed in order to run the Q10 version on the Z10. The minimal required version for Skype is, suprisingly enough, Tablet OS 2.0.
    04-25-13 04:22 AM
    I don't see why he doesn't release it. It's stupid. Anyone with a Q10 with Skype installed, or getting a Q10 in the UK tomorrow, send me a back up file with Skype installed and I will release the bar file.

It's hardly piracy, this is a free app for god sake. Attention seeker

Posted via CB10
    fbloise likes this.
    04-25-13 04:25 AM
    Thanks OP for responding to my question. Fully respect your stance on this and just glad that we can get some answers to questions about how Skype will work on the Z10!

I have one more question, anychance of getting a screenshot of the lock screen notification?

Posted via CB10
    I am currently at work. I will post a screenshot later today.

Mujib I am still waiting for a reply from my PM.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I'll have a look.

I don't see why he doesn't release it. It's stupid. Anyone with a Q10 with Skype installed, or getting a Q10 in the UK tomorrow, send me a back up file with Skype installed and I will release the bar file.

It's hardly piracy, this is a free app for god sake. Attention seeker

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has fixed that issue. Back-ups are now encrypted.
    rflan7 likes this.
    04-25-13 04:26 AM
    The *new* .bar file is now on GoodEReader.
    Skype for Blackberry Q10 - New Apps � Playbook and BB10 :: Android APP Store � Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps
    It doesn't work on my stock Z10 though...
    04-25-13 04:30 AM
    Skype for Blackberry Q10 - New Apps – Playbook and BB10 :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps
    It's not the official one.

Package-Author: apk2bar.unker.net
    04-25-13 04:33 AM
    Skype for Blackberry Q10 - New Apps – Playbook and BB10 :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps
    It doesn't work because it's not the right version. Not sure why people keep trying to directly port the Android version. It will NOT work. Period. The images OP posted are real and verified by me through my own methods.
    MsBrittz1016 likes this.
    04-25-13 05:51 AM
    the op was right to post nad not share, we were told it is not launched for the z10 and dont know if it will be, this has confirmed it will work so should be released and we know it jsut needs some tweeks to be perfect on z10

thank you OP and ignore the douches, who cares about other people anyway, you do what you want to do.
    Mujib likes this.
    04-25-13 06:29 AM
    Non of my contacts have helped me with this.

There were no modificatons needed in order to run the Q10 version on the Z10. The minimal required version for Skype is, suprisingly enough, Tablet OS 2.0.
    Very interesting! Either they had been working on this since tablet OS 2.0 or they are planing to release it to the playbook also

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:31 AM
    It doesn't work because it's not the right version. Not sure why people keep trying to directly port the Android version. It will NOT work. Period. The images OP posted are real and verified by me through my own methods.
    Then be nice to us users and abusers and make it available for us by giving the actual extracted file. I'm on vacation soon and would like to video chat with my friends and family.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:39 AM
    [QUOTE=pttptppt;8375085]Then be nice to us users and abusers and make it available for us by giving the actual extracted file. I'm on vacation soon and would like to video chat with my friends and family.

Or at least pm me.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:39 AM
    Give it a ******* rest already. Unless you are dev for the Q10.... your not getting the Skype. The op and blaize have confirmed its functionality on the Z10 (why it couldn't be left well enough alone, I don't know) but it is what it is. Personally I could careless with the whole thing I just think it was a matter of gloating and could have been handled in a much different way.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-25-13 06:50 AM
    Sorry if I am repeating, I am not sure of it got answered before... but does it work in landscape on the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:55 AM
    I wonder if they use encryption to download binaries from Blackberry world? It would fairly trivial to load up a traffic sniffer on your local machine to steal the bar file. But that is assuming they don't use SSL. If that is the case you would need a BB10 app to steal it.

Either way the entire community should work on this problem and get the bar file. I don't want to wait till Verizon releases 10.1. I could be an old man when that happens.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:58 AM
    I've found a way to turn water into petrol, it's sooo simple, but fu(k you lot, im keeping it for myself.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    fbloise likes this.
    04-25-13 06:58 AM
    Sorry if I am repeating, I am not sure of it got answered before... but does it work in landscape on the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-img_00000011.jpg
    Thunderbuck and lotuslanderz like this.
    04-25-13 07:01 AM
    I'd actually pay for this to have it on my phone right now!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:10 AM
    Hah! Nicely done. Now let's see if those who have been criticizing the OP have the balls to criticize you too. Thanks for the pics and thanks to the OP as well for answering questions and his live stream.
    Bla1ze, I am disappointed you are stirring the pot.
    Now what's your excuse for not sharing?
    04-25-13 07:17 AM
    The same as the op.
    Btw...most credible sources are ok with leaked info just so long as their name doesn't get tied to the leak.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:20 AM
    Better postpone your vacation... or do what everyone else does on Vacation and turn off your phone.
    But seriously, enough whining! This thread is 6 pages too long because of your posts alone! If you really need the latest and greatest untested apps and hardware, then become a developer.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-25-13 07:28 AM
443 ... 1011121314 ...