Good point! Some of us like to tinker though
    Good luck to you

Posted via CB10
    ddlax22 and Mecca EL like this.
    04-24-13 09:47 PM
    Now here is a thought..

What if his buddy at BlackBerry installed it on his phone and it was never ported from Q? All you guys are trying to port it and it may never work.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Just like dating, it's mostly about the chase
    04-24-13 09:47 PM
    well if the OP doesnt share the BAR than i say fake, FAKE. share the proof (the bar file). let us decide for ourselves. who says you will get in trouble, share privately with me or someone who is willing to share and not brand your name to the LEAK!?
    Say what you will, a number of us actually saw the live stream where the OP, for 2 hours, showed both a Q10 and a Z10 running Skype with no issues.
    ddlax22 and Novaone like this.
    04-24-13 09:49 PM
    likely his "contact" merely edited some bar-descriptor.xml file to account for the z10 resolution. I am sure if someone has microsoft visual basic, the SDK plugin, you can edit the XML file to take into account the resolution differences and build number of the blackberry OS on the z10. I can try editing it, but the NDK will take 5 hours to download
    fbloise likes this.
    04-24-13 09:55 PM
    Hi!

04-24-13 09:55 PM
    Hi there!

I just saw the post of Skype being available for the Q10 or Dev C. The first thing I did was get the .bar and install on my Z10.

*drum roll sound fx* IT WORKS!

Bug found:

When you are in a Skype conversation and you receive a normal call, you can answer the normal call. Here's the problem. When you end your normal call Skype freezes, screen turns black and crashes.

---

Lets clear things up;

- Why I wont share the .bar file
    I wont because I dont feel comfortable doing this as this might ruin my bussiness relationship with certain people.
    I dont understand why people are calling me greedy and such. Image this happening to your own products.

- How?
    I did not use Sachup or Dingleberry. And I am not going to tell how I did do it as I promised a BlackBerry employee to keep this trick to myself. Again, I dont want to ruin my bussiness relationship over a simple file.

And some questions which were asked. (General Skype questions mostly)

- Does it integrate with the Hub?
    It does. It has its own Skype icon in the Hub. Also when you open a conversation from the Hub the conversation view in Skype is opened.

- Does it integrate with the Contacts?
    - It kinda does. Skype contacts wont be shown as seperate contacts like Facebook and Twitter. But there is a seperate Skype list item where it shows your username. On the Dev Alpha C (or Q10) it's not grayed out; when you click on it , it will open Skype up with the appropriate profile.

- Does it work when the app is closed?
    Yes. Both calls and chat messages. When you receive an message it pops up in the Hub, and when you are called the Skype App will be openend. You do have to be signed in (obviously).

---

Some screenshots;

BlackBerry Hub Skype Chat Notification
    Attachment 154720

Fun litte calling indicator icon in the statusbar
    Attachment 154721

I'll upload some more if requested.
    So.. what you are saying is

Na na na na boo boo, you cant have this...

way to go buddy!
    04-24-13 09:57 PM
    likely he had the APK file before he converted it to a bar file, and edited some of the XML information in the android build, to account for the z10 resolution. Let me quickly see if i can get it to work.
    You may wanna start with v2.0. But if all things hold, he is using the same version he had on the Q10, not a converted stray.

EDIT:

And there is Bla1ze, with his shiny Z10, running Skype.

Is that enough for all of you to quit crying foul?
    Mecca EL and R Field like this.
    04-24-13 09:58 PM
    I couldn't get the Skype that was released in the android sideload forum to run on my. Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1483

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:00 PM
    Hi!
    Dammit Bla1ze
    ddlax22 likes this.
    04-24-13 10:06 PM
    Hi!
    Nice! What OS are you running/stl?
    04-24-13 10:09 PM
    You know it
    04-24-13 10:09 PM
    I'll wait for the official
    04-24-13 10:11 PM
    Hopefully Bla1ze will post the .bar soon. He eventually did for Netflix

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:12 PM
    nice! What os are you running/stl?
    10.0.10.672 stl100-3
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    04-24-13 10:13 PM
    Bla1ze,
    PLZ? lol
    04-24-13 10:16 PM
    10.0.10.672 stl100-3
    Nice!! Then there's a working bar out there!
    Lucky you Bla1ze
    04-24-13 10:19 PM
    10.0.10.672 stl100-3
    Interesting it works on 10.0 but not Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1483

Posted via CB10
    afinebalance likes this.
    04-24-13 10:22 PM
    i wonder how much people are actually going to use skype heavily on a daily basis when it's released?
    i still have 8 contacts on my desktop version LOL

anyways, its nice to see some solid progress. yay blackberry xD
    04-24-13 10:25 PM
    i wonder how much people are actually going to use skype heavily on a daily basis when it's released?

Haha well I'm sure when it does come then we will start seeing threads about the next greatest must have necessary app.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:27 PM
    Ok, party killer here ~ I want Viber! Now that I will use the heck out of!
    Screw Skype, it doesn't even work well on my PC since Microsoft corrupted it!
    04-24-13 10:29 PM
    Ok why did you have to make a thread just to say you have it and then not share it? I was content waiting til launch. I unlike some people on the site know it's coming but people are going around thinking it's Q10 exclusive when rather its 10.1 exclusive just like how alot of apps like WhatsApp wouldn't work unless you had the latest software
    Anyways my point is it seems like your gloating. We would be been fine waiting. And u won't share.
    You said you didn't wanna ruin your relationship with certain people or with blackberry but is this thread really helping your relationship either? Going around flaunting the app.

Don't get me wrong I respect you for not releasing it. And I'm not asking for it but maybe you should be kept your mouth shut all together

Posted via CB10
    fbloise likes this.
    04-24-13 10:29 PM
    Interesting it works on 10.0 but not Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1483

Posted via CB10
    I don't think ANY of the bars you'll find around the internet will work. I tested every single version of skype I could find today (that's why I suggested Kos to try 2.0 first, since it was the one that came closest to connecting).

Bla1ze and the OP probably have the real deal that is coming soon.
    04-24-13 10:32 PM

do you think people actually use the apps they whine over? this is the internet, everyone MUST HAVE everything, and if they dont get it the world ends. It doesnt matter if they use it or not, it just has to be there.
    04-24-13 10:33 PM
    Ok why did you have to make a thread just to say you have it and then not share it? I was content waiting til launch. I unlike some people on the site know it's coming but people are going around thinking it's Q10 exclusive when rather its 10.1 exclusive just like how alot of apps like WhatsApp wouldn't work unless you had the latest software
    Anyways my point is it seems like your gloating. We would be been fine waiting. And u won't share.
    You said you didn't wanna ruin your relationship with certain people or with blackberry but is this thread really helping your relationship either? Going around flaunting the app.

Don't get me wrong I respect you for not releasing it. And I'm not asking for it but maybe you should be kept your mouth shut all together

Posted via CB10
    Skype is not 10.1 exclusive, and the op isn't the only one gloating. Look above...
    suprmanx7 and Thunderbuck like this.
    04-24-13 10:35 PM
    i actually would use it all the time. I travel alot for work and my girlfriend is in Sweden at the current moment. She has an iphone so i actually have to use facetime on an ipad or skype on my computer at work(without a camera). I really need it so i dont have to rely on the ipad or the computer. Alot of people dont realize but there is no app/way to chat or voice call someone right now cross-platform. I really need it to leave the ipad at home as I hate carrying it around. I dont even use it for anything else since i got my z10
    04-24-13 10:43 PM
443 ... 89101112 ...