You don't want this. Their native WP8 version was crap for the first six months or so. Be thankful that we get a port first and hopefully they will create a native version eventually.
    Yeah if we look it at the bright side, with the port we get Skype with all the features available from the Android version. If it was native... We might be missing some features. Look at whatsapp... although it's a very good app, lots of feature were missing

Posted via CB10
    wikison likes this.
    04-24-13 07:14 PM
    It is really running in background, I sideloaded a task manager and I can see that it's still in memory

Posted via Z10
    nomi1978 likes this.
    04-24-13 07:14 PM
    Thanks OP for sharing news and info. Looks pretty cool. And good for you, standing by your word to others.
    04-24-13 07:35 PM
    Maybe if BB releases the proper API's for headless apps, we should expect improved version of this app. Probably in the near future (obviously they just finished this port and would wait for a while... hopefully they did consider making native).
    04-24-13 07:35 PM
    Checking in to see if the OP was convinced to upload that .bar file

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard and yueytan like this.
    04-24-13 07:44 PM
    "If there is a will, there is a way", right? The OP could just use another user and spread it like a fire.

Anyway, likewise I respect his decision not to share the file. But I was thinking that his IQ is probably more than average because nobody still can figure it out. Even the guy I know (also member here) who used to be "guru" on this kind of sideloading stuff keeps wondering and still working it out. He just promise that if he can figure it out, before the official release, he will share it. I'll help him to spread the fire...

Posted via Z10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-24-13 07:46 PM
    So the point of this post was what? Your not going to share so we really don't care that you have "Connections"

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    04-24-13 07:52 PM
    Thank you for sharing the great news OP. I only speak for myself, when I say I'm glad to see progress from BlackBerry, in areas where apps are concerned. Never sacrifice your insider privilege for the sake of pleasing others
    To the criticizers: no one forced you to open this thread, make an ungrateful and selfish comment, then disrespect the OP for sharing exciting news. Where are some of your parents right now? Either appreciate or keep it moving.
    04-24-13 08:04 PM
    In the following thread, we are trying to get it working by extracting and side loading the updated Android runtime that is needed to run Skype from the Dev Alpha C/Q10. The file for Skype is also in there too but, it currently doesn't work on leaked 10.1 or 10.0 for the Z10 because the runtime for those versions doesn't have the lines of code that Skype depends on.

Subscribe to the thread for updates: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=799627

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-24-13 08:06 PM
    Give him the benefit of the doubt

Posted via CB10
    I already doubted him so he doesn't need to benefit from it. lol
    04-24-13 08:39 PM
    Then why come in the forums and brag and not share.

SPREAD THE WEALTH!!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:43 PM
    It is really running in background, I sideloaded a task manager and I can see that it's still in memory

Posted via Z10
    What sideloaded task manager you are using?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:47 PM
    Then why come in the forums and brag and not share.

SPREAD THE WEALTH!!
    Many of us want to know if it works on the z10, which now, we know.(thanks) Respect the man.

Someone will find a way....
    Mecca EL and chrispdm1 like this.
    04-24-13 08:49 PM
    I think you actually do not get the concept of a community forum. If you have something that the community wants and that something is not illegal to share (as is the case here) you share it. Otherwise, go troll somewhere else or start a BlackBerry fanblog where you can hype all day long about all of the latest leaks you have access to but won't share.

So may dumb people around. I suggest everyone just stop posting in this thread.

Also, satchup may possibly allow you to grab individual BAR files, so if you can pull down an OS with it that has Skype built in you may be able to get the BAR and then side load it.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, so many bullies on this site.
    Mecca EL and chrispdm1 like this.
    04-24-13 08:49 PM
    Many of us want to know if it works on the z10, which now, we know.(thanks) Respect the man.

Someone will find a way....
    This may have been my second post on this thread. I have not bullied or yelled at him.

This has the feel of "I got some ice cream, I got some ice cream and you can't get none cause your on welfare."

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:03 PM
    I just hope that if it does indeed run in the background as.a task, that it won't wreck the battery like that garbage eBay app. That crapp was a nightmare to the battery.
    04-24-13 09:06 PM
    Oh you just got this today? I Had this since the launch. #justsaying

Posted via CB10
    suprmanx7 likes this.
    04-24-13 09:09 PM
    well if the OP doesnt share the BAR than i say fake, FAKE. share the proof (the bar file). let us decide for ourselves. who says you will get in trouble, share privately with me or someone who is willing to share and not brand your name to the LEAK!?
    04-24-13 09:10 PM
    more screenshots please! I want to see more before we get it. Thanks to everyone who has contributed in this thread so far!
    Mecca EL and suprmanx7 like this.
    04-24-13 09:11 PM
    I have the bar, that doesnt matter. No one can get the updated runtime except devs/this guy... it doesnt work without the runtime update!
    04-24-13 09:19 PM
    I have the bar, that doesnt matter. No one can get the updated runtime except devs/this guy... it doesnt work without the runtime update!
    We're trying to get the updated runtime

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-24-13 09:24 PM
    well if the OP doesnt share the BAR than i say fake, FAKE. share the proof (the bar file). let us decide for ourselves. who says you will get in trouble, share privately with me or someone who is willing to share and not brand your name to the LEAK!?
    Did you even bother reading the thread? He posted pictures, answered questions, and even did a live stream, complete with q&a - where he walked us through Skype and showed us its features and integration. He even made and received video calls live on ustream for all of us to see, what more proof could you possibly require to believe it's legit? Do you expect him to come to your house and give you a 1 on 1 demonstration?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:28 PM
    Now here is a thought..

What if his buddy at BlackBerry installed it on his phone and it was never ported from Q? All you guys are trying to port it and it may never work.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and ddlax22 like this.
    04-24-13 09:29 PM
    wow , works on Z10
    04-24-13 09:31 PM
    Now here is a thought..

What if his buddy at BlackBerry installed it on his phone and it was never ported from Q? All you guys are trying to port it and it may never work.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Good point! Some of us like to tinker though
    ddlax22 and SirJes like this.
    04-24-13 09:36 PM
443 ... 7891011 ...