i have requests. out of topic completely but perhaps you can help

could you please find out from your blackberry sources two things

1. When blackberry will release updated bridge so i can get the "old" bridge from os7 back ? current bridge sucks big times
    2. When blackberry will release os10 for playbook ?

thanks in advance
    I know as much as everyone does on this subject. And even if I knew, I would not have told so. (If i was asked by BlackBerry to keep it silent).

Posted via CB10
    nakme likes this.
    04-24-13 06:00 PM
    I have a question: as a developper, do you think it's possible that Skype simply optimized their Android app to run on the BlackBerry 10 android runtime and built a separate "Mini App" to natively integrate with the hub?
    It DOES NOT natively integrate with the hub.
    It SIMPLY runs as on every Android smartphone: on boot it places an icon in the notification bar, and on BB10 icons in the notification bar are moved to the hub.
    So you WILL NOT have skype chat and call logs in the hub, just an icon to remind you that skype is running in hidden mode (without a way to kill it, because there are no task killers on bb10)
    It really sucks, we waited MONTHS for what???
    A DIRECT PORT THAT EVEN SAYS "this is not a certified Android device" on first start???????
    There is no optimization at all, it's the plain, common Android app, I extracted it and inside it has getjar references, images and resources for other phones, and so on.
    The biggest effort that Skype made on this app is submitting to App World
    JamesPtheNerd likes this.
    04-24-13 06:02 PM
    It DOES NOT natively integrate with the hub.
    It SIMPLY runs as on every Android smartphone: on boot it places an icon in the notification bar, and on BB10 icons in the notification bar are moved to the hub.
    So you WILL NOT have skype chat and call logs in the hub, just an icon to remind you that skype is running in hidden mode (without a way to kill it, because there are no task killers on bb10)
    It really sucks, we waited MONTHS for what???
    A DIRECT PORT THAT EVEN SAYS "this is not a certified Android device" on first start???????
    There is no optimization at all, it's the plain, common Android app, I extracted it and inside it has getjar references, images and resources for other phones, and so on.
    The biggest effort that Skype made on this app is submitting to App World
    Do you have a Dev Alpha C?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:08 PM
    I think an interesting test to do is to see on a battery monitoring app like battery guru the power consumption with Skype installed but with the active frame Closed.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:10 PM
    I'll tell you, he's just be greedy, he's showing off and not sharing. Someone ban him

Posted via CB10
    SOMEONE ban you please, because you aer bloody annoying when he states many times he will NOT post the file!! Get over it!!!
    04-24-13 06:16 PM
    SOMEONE ban you please, because you aer bloody annoying when he states many times he will NOT post the file!! Get over it!!!
    Lol impatient people.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-24-13 06:17 PM
    Just wanted to say to the OP, thanks for posting. As frustrating as it is to be THIS CLOSE to finally having Skype, I respect your reasons for not releasing the .bar.

You've provided valuable information, and I suspect that someone will leak us out a working .bar shortly. Otherwise, I'd be really surprised if we didn't see a full release available on the Z10 within the next 2 weeks.
    Mujib likes this.
    04-24-13 06:22 PM
    Lol impatient people.

Lol seriously. When he states very clearly that he will not post the file, and the guy is jumping up and down and I wouldn't be surprised if the OP got at least 3-4 PM's begging...

Some of us here have the type of access to get things that are not public yet, while others do not, and the jealousy shows...

I know someone personally that has the skype bar file that will be launched in a few weeks for Z10 users, and it works nicely, but like the OP said, there are some bugs still.
    Thunderbuck and Mecca EL like this.
    04-24-13 06:22 PM
    someone provided the file,but im wondering why it doesnt work on 10.1 but on this os
    04-24-13 06:24 PM
    As long I know Skype will be here in a week or two I'm good. Thanks OP.

They should have a dedicated icon for whatsapp too in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:26 PM
    someone provided the file,but im wondering why it doesnt work on 10.1 but on this os
    The OP stated that it is not only the bar. There were other process he needed to do to get it to work. I think we will need to be patient and wait.
    04-24-13 06:26 PM
    I appreciate the time you have taken to share this. I thanked you on post one.
    I think it would be a good idea to mention, in the first post, that this is a pre-release version (as for the Z) and any bugs found at this time may be ironed out before we officially see it on the Z. Many understand this, some will not.

Posted using CB10 via BB10 on a BB Z10
    04-24-13 06:28 PM
    If Skype continues to run background. Either this is a very customized version of a port or provably one of the first few apps our there that is headless (run without active frames to update)

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:28 PM
    Where

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-24-13 06:30 PM
    Where

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    Android sideload apps forum

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:31 PM
    Do you have a Dev Alpha C?
    Yes, I have
    I was hoping that it was a native app, since it's from the playbook launch that we are waiting for it. And then, after a long waiting, all we get is a direct android conversion that isn't optimized for the lack of the back button or integrate properly with the system
    04-24-13 06:34 PM
    Lol seriously. When he states very clearly that he will not post the file, and the guy is jumping up and down and I wouldn't be surprised if the OP got at least 3-4 PM's begging...

Some of us here have the type of access to get things that are not public yet, while others do not, and the jealousy shows...

I know someone personally that has the skype bar file that will be launched in a few weeks for Z10 users, and it works nicely, but like the OP said, there are some bugs still.
    I bet people who didn't post in the thread PMed him. Lol

I'd rather wait for the official. OP probably knows there will be threads complaining about bugs and whatnot. Better to just wait. I'm waiting for 10.1 as well.

04-24-13 06:34 PM
    That's pretty cool.

I got some images to share with people as well. I downloaded Skype on my DAC and my HTC One V to try it out. Works pretty well!

Looks like the Preview version is a little older version of Skype. I suppose we will see the version increase when the final is out.

Pretty nice I think.

You will also notice that MS has an unauthorized distribution disclaimer in there. Don't mess with MS! :P

Some images.
    Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-dsc05965.jpg
    Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-dsc05968.jpg
    Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-dsc05967.jpg
    Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-dsc05969.jpg

Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-dsc05970.jpg
    04-24-13 06:40 PM
    How to improve Skype for BB10 on android.

They use either Android Support library for the action bar or ActionBarSherlock. If they are using ActionBarSherlock, use the Overflow theme. This will make it so that the overflow menu will appear on the top Action Bar instead of having to swipe down from top and using the menu button.
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    04-24-13 06:49 PM
    Respect for his honesty and thanks for the info. It's coming people what's another few weeks. We waited this long already.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:57 PM
    Plz god damn it, I've been waiting forever since I got my playbook. Just pm me!

Posted via CB10
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:04 PM
    I am brand new to all of this, adding android apps to the Z10. I, too, would like to know how to install skype on my phone. I installed the ddpb thing but i have nothing and i don't know how to add anything. please help....
    Do a search here or on YT for instructions.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:08 PM
    Well its good to see that they have a fully functional Skype now, I've also been waiting for this patiently.

BUT you'd think with allllll the time its taken to get this Android port running well on BB10 that they could have just made a damn NATIVE version.
    You don't want this. Their native WP8 version was crap for the first six months or so. Be thankful that we get a port first and hopefully they will create a native version eventually.
    bobshine likes this.
    04-24-13 07:08 PM
    If Skype continues to run background. Either this is a very customized version of a port or provably one of the first few apps our there that is headless (run without active frames to update)

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it runs in background. Remember when we all sideloaded WhatsApp? Notifications were coming in when the app is closed even if it's a side load... although there was a delay. I think they simply opened up the proper API so the Microsoft could just have instant notification.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:11 PM
    Posting this is just another cruel tease.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-24-13 07:12 PM
443 ... 678910 ...