Here's something that is possible, but I'm going to throw out the idea so everyone can try and figure it out. Somewhere in the link/plugin for BBWorld, it has to recognize your device. If we can swap the checksum for Z10 and Q10 coded there, then BBWorld will just install it directly
    04-24-13 05:05 PM
    Skype themselves said back at the Z10 release that they'd be running on the Android Runtime, but that they'd "optimize" the experience.

If you look at CB's review, it explicitly says it's a very good Android port.

Posted via CB10
    The experience has definitely been optimized for BB10. It runs really really smooth. I am almost sure that the Skype app will have a lot of effect on how people (and developers) think about Android Porting.
    Nice to see someone who actually keeps his word when it comes to promises and NDA, very rare in this world nowadays. (as much as I would love to try loading it if there was a bar file) kudos man! With the amount of wheres Skype threads, I have no problem with someone saying that they have got it working on a Z10... but not give out anything. We only have a minimum of a week before the General Public get the Q10 and if someone hasn't done it already, the bar file will be posted then and if someone wants tpo put 10.1 on their phone they will be able to do it and sideload the bar file.
    If this is legit it is a real 'look at me' move.

We KNOW that Skype will be on our z10's very soon. Letting us know that if you have the luxury of downloading the available version that it can be sideloaded is not helpful.

I could maybe understand if you posted this in the dev lounge. MAYBE.

Putting this in a main area, filled with people who want but this app but can not get it, and then refusing to share, is cruel and immature.

You have no intentions of trying to help anyone. You just want to dangle what you have just out of reach of those less fortunate than you. That speaks volumes about your character.

If I were a bbry exec and saw this, it would do far more damage to our working relationship than posting a bar.
    Lol! People taking this way too seriously. FYI the OP was answering questions that people have been wanting to know about for a long time. Don't see how starting this thread is cruel. Sometimes I forget just how entitled Crackberry (and most tech community) posters are
    brout, Freakatola, Mujib and 1 others like this.
    04-24-13 05:06 PM
    Skype themselves said back at the Z10 release that they'd be running on the Android Runtime, but that they'd "optimize" the experience.

If you look at CB's review, it explicitly says it's a very good Android port.

Posted via CB10
    See I knew all that as well its what I've read and understood up until the point of being told otherwise from Skype so I gave benefit of doubt, and obviously it's landed me in a world were I'm talking out my *** so was probably fed wrong info (I was a bit of a **** with them since i was complaining about a issue with my Skype credits), so my bad

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:07 PM
    Plz god damn it, I've been waiting forever since I got my playbook. Just pm me!

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Calm Down killa

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM and Freakatola like this.
    04-24-13 05:10 PM
    Where is that thread that the guy got iphone apps to run on his PlayBook? That thread reminds me of this thread

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:11 PM
    Here's something interesting I found. If you can recode the page source for BB world, like basically redirect it to not check for device. Right now there are strings there that ask for "devicepin" and "devicemodal". At this point, I'm not going to waste my time rewriting all that to see if it works. LOL
    04-24-13 05:11 PM
    Where is that thread that the guy got iphone apps to run on his PlayBook? That thread reminds me of this thread
    Posted via CB10
    That guy was threatened by Apple to take it down. That, we know was legit.
    fbloise likes this.
    04-24-13 05:12 PM
    Also, if you are on a Skype call and a regular call comes in, will the Skype call be inturrupted?

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    Sir, you've just found a bug!

The bug: When you are in a Skype conversation and you receive a normal call, you can answer the normal call. Here's the problem. When you end your normal call Skype freezes, screen turns black and crashes.
    04-24-13 05:12 PM
    Nice to see someone who actually keeps his word when it comes to promises and NDA, very rare in this world nowadays. (as much as I would love to try loading it if there was a bar file) kudos man! With the amount of wheres Skype threads, I have no problem with someone saying that they have got it working on a Z10... but not give out anything. We only have a minimum of a week before the General Public get the Q10 and if someone hasn't done it already, the bar file will be posted then and if someone wants tpo put 10.1 on their phone they will be able to do it and sideload the bar file.
    Mujib,

Although I would like the bar, let me say first and foremost, I appreciate your stance. Second, I think I am going to wait as well. The code is not GA, and that intellectual property belongs to both BBRY and MicroCrap for better or for worse.

I applaud you (although I am just curious to see it work on my Z10) and respect you.

Your fully paid vacation for EIT is hereby rescinded!! j/k
    04-24-13 05:14 PM
    Mujib,

Although I would like the bar, let me say first and foremost, I appreciate your stance. Second, I think I am going to wait as well. The code is not GA, and that intellectual property belongs to both BBRY and MicroCrap for better or for worse.

I applaud you (although I am just curious to see it work on my Z10) and respect you.

Your fully paid vacation for EIT is hereby rescinded!! j/k
    I respect the way you respect me !

Haha, I wanted to go on a vacation
    04-24-13 05:20 PM
    This is an interesting thread. I find if funny that people want the solution now but it isn't optimized yet....Then later complain that Skype / BlackBerry sucks due to it.

Lol, wait for the official version, the bugs TS found might be fixed that time. *shrug*

Posted via CB10
    Jay47, brout, bitek and 4 others like this.
    04-24-13 05:22 PM
    Something which I have not seen yet; what is the impact of Skype on your data usage?

Now obviously there us going to be significant use when active in a call, but what about when Skype is idle?

Posted Using CB10 - Z10 "-2" on the Vodafone UK Network
    04-24-13 05:33 PM
    Glad to know it is in the hub. Sweet!

Thank you for sharing.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-24-13 05:35 PM
    Something which I have not seen yet; what is the impact of Skype on your data usage?

Now obviously there us going to be significant use when active in a call, but what about when Skype is idle?

Posted Using CB10 - Z10 "-2" on the Vodafone UK Network
    I think the general Skype usage will apply here. https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1...y-mobile-phone
    04-24-13 05:35 PM
    I think you actually do not get the concept of a community forum. If you have something that the community wants and that something is not illegal to share (as is the case here) you share it. Otherwise, go troll somewhere else or start a BlackBerry fanblog where you can hype all day long about all of the latest leaks you have access to but won't share.

So may dumb people around. I suggest everyone just stop posting in this thread.

Also, satchup may possibly allow you to grab individual BAR files, so if you can pull down an OS with it that has Skype built in you may be able to get the BAR and then side load it.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt, stabstabdie and fbloise like this.
    04-24-13 05:37 PM
    Sir, you've just found a bug!

The bug: When you are in a Skype conversation and you receive a normal call, you can answer the normal call. Here's the problem. When you end your normal call Skype freezes, screen turns black and crashes.
    Oh, man. I hope I just didn't delay the release >_<;;

I was hoping it wouldn't act like the iPhone app where your Skype session will stop when a regular phone call comes in.

I just hope it's a one time incident...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:42 PM
    Lets clear things up;

- Why I wont share the .bar file
    I wont because I dont feel comfortable doing this as this might ruin my bussiness relationship with certain people.
    I dont understand why people are calling me greedy and such. Image this happening to your own products.

- How?
    I did not use Sachup or Dingleberry. And I am not going to tell how I did do it as I promised a BlackBerry employee to keep this trick to myself. Again, I dont want to ruin my bussiness relationship over a simple file.

And some questions which were asked. (General Skype questions mostly)

- Does it integrate with the Hub?
    It does. It has its own Skype icon in the Hub. Also when you open a conversation from the Hub the conversation view in Skype is opened.

- Does it integrate with the Contacts?
    - It kinda does. Skype contacts wont be shown as seperate contacts like Facebook and Twitter. But there is a seperate Skype list item where it shows your username. On the Dev Alpha C (or Q10) it's not grayed out; when you click on it , it will open Skype up with the appropriate profile.

- Does it work when the app is closed?
    Yes. Both calls and chat messages. When you receive an message it pops up in the Hub, and when you are called the Skype App will be openend. You do have to be signed in (obviously).
    First of all, thanks for doing all this! I really appreciate it cause you are not obligated to do it! Especially take all the bashing from some members.

I have a question: as a developper, do you think it's possible that Skype simply optimized their Android app to run on the BlackBerry 10 android runtime and built a separate "Mini App" to natively integrate with the hub?

Also when you are in the Hub and answer a IM from Skype, do you answer it from the Hub or does it open Skype?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:45 PM
    Oh, man. I hope I just didn't delay the release >_<;;

I was hoping it wouldn't act like the iPhone app where your Skype session will stop when a regular phone call comes in.

I just hope it's a one time incident...

Posted via CB10
    I will try more scenario's tommoworw. I will posts updates here tommoworw!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:50 PM
    Does it still work with out the active frame open? I thought I saw that it was but would like confirmation thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:50 PM
    yes it works, it has been allowed to run always in memory in the android subsystem - i wonder what effect will have on the battery
    04-24-13 05:54 PM
    First of all, thanks for doing all this! I really appreciate it cause you are not obligated to do it! Especially take all the bashing from some members.

I have a question: as a developper, do you think it's possible that Skype simply optimized their Android app to run on the BlackBerry 10 android runtime and built a separate "Mini App" to natively integrate with the hub?

Also when you are in the Hub and answer a IM from Skype, do you answer it from the Hub or does it open Skype?

Posted via CB10
    Im glad you find me helpful! I dont really mind the bashing. I simply ignore those responses.

They did optimize the Android version. I also believe they changed/removed/Added many things in order to Let it function properly. About the Hub integration; there are just some API's which are accessable from the Android Runtime. In this case the Hub.

You cannot respond from the hub. Only open the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    bobshine and tstrike34 like this.
    04-24-13 05:57 PM
    Hi there!

I just saw the post of Skype being available for the Q10 or Dev C. The first thing I did was get the .bar and install on my Z10.

*drum roll sound fx* IT WORKS!

Bug found:

When you are in a Skype conversation and you receive a normal call, you can answer the normal call. Here's the problem. When you end your normal call Skype freezes, screen turns black and crashes.

---

Lets clear things up;

- Why I wont share the .bar file
    I wont because I dont feel comfortable doing this as this might ruin my bussiness relationship with certain people.
    I dont understand why people are calling me greedy and such. Image this happening to your own products.

- How?
    I did not use Sachup or Dingleberry. And I am not going to tell how I did do it as I promised a BlackBerry employee to keep this trick to myself. Again, I dont want to ruin my bussiness relationship over a simple file.

And some questions which were asked. (General Skype questions mostly)

- Does it integrate with the Hub?
    It does. It has its own Skype icon in the Hub. Also when you open a conversation from the Hub the conversation view in Skype is opened.

- Does it integrate with the Contacts?
    - It kinda does. Skype contacts wont be shown as seperate contacts like Facebook and Twitter. But there is a seperate Skype list item where it shows your username. On the Dev Alpha C (or Q10) it's not grayed out; when you click on it , it will open Skype up with the appropriate profile.

- Does it work when the app is closed?
    Yes. Both calls and chat messages. When you receive an message it pops up in the Hub, and when you are called the Skype App will be openend. You do have to be signed in (obviously).

---

Some screenshots;

BlackBerry Hub Skype Chat Notification
    Attachment 154720

Fun litte calling indicator icon in the statusbar
    Attachment 154721

I'll upload some more if requested.
    i have requests. out of topic completely but perhaps you can help

could you please find out from your blackberry sources two things

1. When blackberry will release updated bridge so i can get the "old" bridge from os7 back ? current bridge sucks big times
    2. When blackberry will release os10 for playbook ?

thanks in advance
    04-24-13 05:58 PM
    This is an interesting thread. I find if funny that people want the solution now but it isn't optimized yet....Then later complain that Skype / BlackBerry sucks due to it.

Lol, wait for the official version, the bugs TS found might be fixed that time. *shrug*

Posted via CB10
    halleluiah finally voice of reason !
    04-24-13 06:00 PM
443 ... 56789 ...