Lets clear things up;

- Why I wont share the .bar file
    I wont because I dont feel comfortable doing this as this might ruin my bussiness relationship with certain people.
    I dont understand why people are calling me greedy and such. Image this happening to your own products.

- How?
    I did not use Sachup or Dingleberry. And I am not going to tell how I did do it as I promised a BlackBerry employee to keep this trick to myself. Again, I dont want to ruin my bussiness relationship over a simple file.

And some questions which were asked. (General Skype questions mostly)

- Does it integrate with the Hub?
    It does. It has its own Skype icon in the Hub. Also when you open a conversation from the Hub the conversation view in Skype is opened.

- Does it integrate with the Contacts?
    - It kinda does. Skype contacts wont be shown as seperate contacts like Facebook and Twitter. But there is a seperate Skype list item where it shows your username. On the Dev Alpha C (or Q10) it's not grayed out; when you click on it , it will open Skype up with the appropriate profile.

- Does it work when the app is closed?
    Yes. Both calls and chat messages. When you receive an message it pops up in the Hub, and when you are called the Skype App will be openend. You do have to be signed in (obviously).
    04-24-13 04:43 PM
    I can't seem to view the live video you posted. Is it offline or something?
    04-24-13 04:44 PM
    Please share a screenshot of the Skype notification icon and Skype hub integration?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:45 PM
    No Judgin But , I dont See Any reason To Don`t Share it And its Soundin Like U was flauntin Yourself abou it ,if it was with Me I would be so happy in be able to share somethin Nice ....
    fbloise likes this.
    04-24-13 04:47 PM
    Funny post glad Skype is coming "Eventually" on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    I can't seem to view the live video you posted. Is it offline or something?
    i wanted To watch It too ..
    It's offline now. I have been streaming for about 2 hours.
    ophjacks45 likes this.
    04-24-13 04:49 PM
    Lets clear things up;

- Why I wont share the .bar file
    I wont because I dont feel comfortable doing this as this might ruin my bussiness relationship with certain people.
    I dont understand why people are calling me greedy and such. Image this happening to your own products.

- How?
    I did not use Sachup or Dingleberry. And I am not going to tell how I did do it as I promised a BlackBerry employee to keep this trick to myself. Again, I dont want to ruin my bussiness relationship over a simple file.

And some questions which were asked. (General Skype questions mostly)

- Does it integrate with the Hub?
    It does. It has its own Skype icon in the Hub. Also when you open a conversation from the Hub the conversation view in Skype is opened.

- Does it integrate with the Contacts?
    - It kinda does. Skype contacts wont be shown as seperate contacts like Facebook and Twitter. But there is a seperate Skype list item where it shows your username. On the Dev Alpha C (or Q10) it's not grayed out; when you click on it , it will open Skype up with the appropriate profile.

- Does it work when the app is closed?
    Yes. Both calls and chat messages. When you receive an message it pops up in the Hub, and when you are called the Skype App will be openend. You do have to be signed in (obviously).
    Thanks for this info, it answered a lot.

When a calls comes in, is it like a normal phone call notification? Meaning loud and noticable.

Also, if you are on a Skype call and a regular call comes in, will the Skype call be inturrupted?

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:50 PM
    No Judgin But , I dont See Any reason To Don`t Share it And its Soundin Like U was flauntin Yourself abou it ,if it was with Me I would be so happy in be able to share somethin Nice ....

Read my long post. Then you'll see why.
    anon(4086706) likes this.
    04-24-13 04:50 PM
    When a calls comes in, is it like a normal phone call notification? Meaning load and noticable.

It's almost like a normal phone call. Only diffrence is that the Skype app will be opened instead of the Native Phone app.

Also, if you are on a Skype call and a regular calls come in, will the Skype call be inturrupted?

I dont know yet. I will get back to this in a moment .
    04-24-13 04:52 PM
    Nice job on the stream if I were you I'd just ignore all the idiots who are just app hungry and have no respect for you and your reasoning to not release the bar file.

I for one know I can wait an extra week or so

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:53 PM
    Please share a screenshot of the Skype notification icon and Skype hub integration?

Posted via CB10
    Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-img_00000032.jpg
    04-24-13 04:54 PM
    And The Reason To just Show It off To thousands of plps Starvin for this App ? Lol I think It Cruel Bad Man LOL Kiddin ,never mind I even have a Zeed 10 Yet ...
    04-24-13 04:54 PM
    Nice job on the stream if I were you I'd just ignore all the idiots who are just app hungry and have no respect for you and your reasoning to not release the bar file.

I for one know I can wait an extra week or so

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear there are still people being nice
    04-24-13 04:55 PM
    If you can get it onto your Dev C, I'm fairly certain you can extract it using putty to connect in as devuser, extract what's loaded, and sign the bar again. Not sure though. I messed around with this before on the PB.
    04-24-13 04:55 PM
    any one with devC can try do backup apps on devC adn restore it on z10?
    SirJes likes this.
    04-24-13 04:57 PM
    From my understanding when I was in talks with Skype they explained it wouldn't use the runtime but if it does than it does just thought I'd let Skype have benefit of doubt since they were building it

Posted via CB10
    Skype themselves said back at the Z10 release that they'd be running on the Android Runtime, but that they'd "optimize" the experience.

If you look at CB's review, it explicitly says it's a very good Android port.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:57 PM
    Some screenshots;

BlackBerry Hub Skype Chat Notification
    Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-img_00000032.jpg

Fun litte calling indicator icon in the statusbar
    Skype works on the Z10, it's just still not available yet-img_00000033.jpg

I'll upload some more if requested.
    Alooi Divona likes this.
    04-24-13 04:59 PM
    @Mujib - dont worry about all these people begging and asking for it. they cant wait a week or so then that is their fault.

i dont even use Skype but good to know it works well
    Mike Beyea and lotuslanderz like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000032.jpg 
Views:	1553 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	154717
    That doesn't look like it's fully integrated within the Hub. Just like how WhatsAapp is, again the Skype notifications shows in the same way of WhatsApp.
    These threads are funny..... reminds me of the guy who claimed to root his playbook after dingleberry folks gave up....he strung along 400 plus very smart people till the thread died when everyone figured out he was full of it.... My question to the OP would be.... Why post this in the first place... if you are a developer you may incurr the wrath of BB... seing as Skype is out next week for the q10 and the week after ( pray ) .... what is the point of it all..... To those who want to do this.... you risk issues when the z10 version shows up... depends on how the q10 software integrates..... I for one can wait...
    fbloise likes this.
    If you can get it onto your Dev C, I'm fairly certain you can extract it using putty to connect in as devuser, extract what's loaded, and sign the bar again. Not sure though. I messed around with this before on the PB.
    That is not possible. The app runs in its own 'zone' which you cannot access through SSH. And even if you were able to do that, you would not be able to sign it as is. It has some specific permissions and such set which you cannot sign with regular signing keys. (I tried ;p).
    04-24-13 05:00 PM
    Theoretically, all you have to do is make it look like youre Z10 is a Q10. There are a few ways to do this, some more probably than others
    04-24-13 05:02 PM
    That doesn't look like it's fully integrated within the Hub. Just like how WhatsAapp is, again the Skype notifications shows in the same way of WhatsApp.
    It is diffrent though. Skype has its own icon in the Hub. WhatsApp does not have this.
    04-24-13 05:02 PM
    Don't want to ruin business relationships just wanna brag.
    tjseaman and fbloise like this.
    04-24-13 05:03 PM
443 ... 45678 ...