I'm still live on the live stream. If anyone want to see something on the Z10 or the Dev Alpha C about Skype, dont hesitate to ask! (Or if you want to see completely different)
    When you swipe down from the top edge, does it bring up the android runtime bar at the bottom?

Basically, do you believe this Skype app uses the android runtime to work?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:36 PM
    If this guy can get the .bar file, there must be others who can get it too! Hopefully someone who isn't afraid to share it will do so soon!
    daveshiz and rajdeep.malhi like this.
    04-24-13 03:40 PM
    And OP is gone. LOL
    ddlax22 likes this.
    04-24-13 03:41 PM
    I'm still here
    ddlax22 likes this.
    04-24-13 03:42 PM
    Hahahaa this thread is funny! I think it breaks the record for most "post the . bar file"

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and brout like this.
    04-24-13 03:45 PM
    Yes it does use the Android Runtime.
    04-24-13 03:45 PM
    The dev in the other thread said it doesn't...now what? LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:47 PM
    Well, there you have it, so does it have that annoying bar that shows up at the bottom when you swipe down from the top edge?

That would be great if they got rid of that.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    04-24-13 03:47 PM
    Hahahaa this thread is funny! I think it breaks the record for most "post the . bar file"

Posted via CB10
    It's also the exception to the rule of low post count people saying they can do something nobody else can and not coming back to prove it!
    ddlax22 likes this.
    04-24-13 03:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    /falls

LOL, I was so close to finally closing this topic for myself. But if he can confirm about that menu bar, I think I can just let it go.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    So you haven't watched the live stream OR tried the bar yourself???

PS - Dortmund 4 - 1 Real MAdrid FT
    04-24-13 03:49 PM
    Well its good to see that they have a fully functional Skype now, I've also been waiting for this patiently.

BUT you'd think with allllll the time its taken to get this Android port running well on BB10 that they could have just made a damn NATIVE version.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    04-24-13 03:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have to give Mujib credit. He is demoing it working live. What other thread are you talking about?
    04-24-13 03:50 PM
    And OP is gone. LOL
    He has been spirited away by the Crackberry police to an undisclosed location for further interro... ahem questioning...

*Points towards Cuba*
    ddlax22 likes this.
    04-24-13 03:54 PM
    Well, there you have it, so does it have that annoying bar that shows up at the bottom when you swipe down from the top edge?

That would be great if they got rid of that.

Posted via CB10
    You can remove that bar anytime
    04-24-13 03:54 PM
    Well its good to see that they have a fully functional Skype now, I've also been waiting for this patiently.

BUT you'd think with allllll the time its taken to get this Android port running well on BB10 that they could have just made a damn NATIVE version.
    I really can't be bothered what kind of code was used when an app does well what it is supposed to do. Or do you have beef with the browser being coded in HTML5 instead of C++?
    primusd likes this.
    04-24-13 03:55 PM
    The thread with Skype on Q10, where Kris Simondson states that it doesn't use the Android Runtime, but then in the next post Thunder buck says that it does. Kris says he used to develop for Android. I just don't know who is correct.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:55 PM
    The thread with Skype on Q10, where Kris Simondson states that it doesn't use the Android Runtime, but then in the next post Thunder buck says that it does. Kris says he used to develop for Android. I just don't know who is correct.

Posted via CB10
    It's a hybrid
    04-24-13 03:58 PM
    Mujib are you also on a bes server at vodafone? you also received a update

you working at vodafone Mujib?
    04-24-13 03:59 PM
    You can remove that bar anytime
    Yes, but then when you need the back button or the menu, you will need bit again.

My point is that I hope they put in a back button and settings button on the Skype screen itself so we can turn that menu bar off without having to turn it on again.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:59 PM
    You can swipe from the BlackBerry logo leftwards and it goes back. Just like playbook

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:01 PM
    So you haven't watched the live stream OR tried the bar yourself???

PS - Dortmund 4 - 1 Real MAdrid FT
    Do the Germans wiping the floor with the Spaniards in the last few days or what? Football speaking of course.

Posted via CB10
    whatsever likes this.
    04-24-13 04:02 PM
    If this is legit it is a real 'look at me' move.

We KNOW that Skype will be on our z10's very soon. Letting us know that if you have the luxury of downloading the available version that it can be sideloaded is not helpful.

I could maybe understand if you posted this in the dev lounge. MAYBE.

Putting this in a main area, filled with people who want but this app but can not get it, and then refusing to share, is cruel and immature.

You have no intentions of trying to help anyone. You just want to dangle what you have just out of reach of those less fortunate than you. That speaks volumes about your character.

If I were a bbry exec and saw this, it would do far more damage to our working relationship than posting a bar.
    04-24-13 04:02 PM
    Yes, but then when you need the back button or the menu, you will need bit again.

My point is that I hope they put in a back button and settings button on the Skype screen itself so we can turn that menu bar off without having to turn it on again.

Posted via CB10
    You can just the built in gesture to go back buddy.. Click the i icon on the bar and it will show you how to do that gesture.. no need for the bar at all :s

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:03 PM
    From my understanding when I was in talks with Skype they explained it wouldn't use the runtime but if it does than it does just thought I'd let Skype have benefit of doubt since they were building it

Posted via CB10
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    04-24-13 04:04 PM
443 ... 23456 ...