Z10 - Rogers 10.2.1.1925

OK I haven't really used Skype at all on my phone. Used it tonight and have had some issues.

Biggest issue:
    Skype won't close. As I type this their is a faint red blinking light above the center top of the screen. If I wave my hand in front of the top of the screen the proximity sensor turns the screen off for that second.
    I open the "Device Manager" click on Skype and click "close". Skype closes for a brief second and then reopens instantly and the red light and proximity thing happens again right away. Skype is not in my active frames and no matter what app I am in the if something goes close to the proximity sensor then the screen turns off for that seconds.

Second. During a Skype video call we hooked the Z10 up to the TV via a HDMI cord and video worked well. But the audio only came through the earpiece on the phone. The hdmi cable works (tested a video and the video and audio both worked). Unplugging the hdmi cable during Skype video call and video goes to phone and audio goes to speaker phone. Anyone else had this.

Last question : when is BBM video coming to android and iPhone? I thought I was showing off the cool functions of bb10 and hdmi and kinda got shot down. Everyone was so surprised when I said I was going to Skype through my phone to the TV in 1080p through hdmi. Then I failed... lol. BBM video would have been very cool.

Thanks,

Brian

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:12 PM
    For the Skype not closing part, did you trying logging out of Skype, for me that normally let's me close it

As for the hdmi sound iv never really tried to so I can't say, but there is an option under display for hdmi and there's an hdmi audio option there, was that on

Posted via CB10
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    02-10-14 10:37 PM
    Make sure when you log out of skype, you kill the active frame too.

As for the HDMI thing... gotta give it a try to see.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:43 PM
    Personally to close skype I log out and then the app minimizes itself to an active frame that I close.

I never tried the hdmi thing but I will soon because I just bought a cable from amazon.

Good luck!

Powered by BB
    02-10-14 10:48 PM
    K, yes that is the solution.

"Sign out" of Skype from within the app. Make sure to close the active frame right away. If you don't close the active frames within 5sec then skype automatically logs back in.

As for the hdmi audio. I do have the hdmi audio set on on the "display" settings page in the main settings. As I said the hdmi audio works with everything else but skype calls as far as I can tell.

For the person getting the hdmi cord from amazon. I love the coed after using it tonight. Worked really well (other than skype audio tonight). People were really impressed.

Brian

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 11:26 PM
    Anyone test the hdmi audio with Skype?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 04:17 PM
    I got the cable from Amazon... indeed Skype doesn't send the audio through the HDMI

It was fine to have the image on the screen and hear the sound on the phone (I have a Q10) because it was loud but if there was a lot of noise in the room that might have been a problem.

A native Skype app would do the trick but... you know what? when bbm will have video for all platforms and also be on desktops skype will be obsolete!