02-02-14 11:55 AM
31 12
tools
    Android port /thread.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    What?! The Skype from BBWorld is an Android port, not native.

If you meant sideloading an Android version, well that can't get around developer's permissions neither. What's even worse is you don't even see developer's permissions from sideloaded Android apps, but they are there.

I don't understand why anyone would even worry about those permission especially coming from an app that belongs to a phone company, Microsoft. It's like saying you wouldn't even use Outlook because Microsoft might read your emails and know who you are.
    09-13-13 01:55 PM
    What's the matter? NSA has access to everything anyway lol
    09-13-13 02:47 PM
    I just installed Skype for Blackberry Z10, and then declined to grant permissions asked and uninstalled it.

It's such an unnecessary violation of privacy that makes no sense:

1) Why is GPS needed for skype???
    2) Why does skype want access to my contacts? I am not willing to share them with *any* application. This is completely unnecessary.
    NSA needs all your data, every little bit of it.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    09-13-13 03:10 PM
    What?! The Skype from BBWorld is an Android port, not native.

If you meant sideloading an Android version, well that can't get around developer's permissions neither. What's even worse is you don't even see developer's permissions from sideloaded Android apps, but they are there.

I don't understand why anyone would even worry about those permission especially coming from an app that belongs to a phone company, Microsoft. It's like saying you wouldn't even use Outlook because Microsoft might read your emails and know who you are.
    It's a android port all permissions are turned on by default and aren't adjustable. End of story...

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    09-13-13 04:51 PM
    What is even worse, it seems like Skype is using location services while on Skype call. At least I see the GPS symbol everytime I am talking to someone until I hang up.
    That is probably battery consuming.
    Anyone else experiencing that and has idea how to stop it?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-05-13 09:28 PM
    The only thing that irritates me is that skype contacts are being forced into my device contacts creating multiple instances of the same contact. This is very annoying. i have always separated work contacts from friends and FB. Since BB stopped being a business phone they are forcing the mix of skype FB and device contacts together. It was a sad day when BB decided they wanted the teenage market as well. Although I have looked for solutions to this problem it looks like there aren't any. Its these types of things that are making BB fall behind their competitors.
    02-02-14 11:55 AM
31 12