When skype for Q10 was released and news about it being able to be sideloaded, I was so thrilled and installed the apps but to no success. It always said "Application not responding,needs to be close" or along that line

I then braced myself to do the security wipe and reinstalled everything from scratch, not restoring from my backup as some people in the forum seesm to suggest after restoring, sideloaded apps won't be able to work in some cases

After the wipe, i was a happy man. My skype was working fine, video call and audio call was clear, no lag or problems at all. This happiness only last for ONE DAY. The next day, the skype seems unable to detect my internet connection, even though other sideloaded apps which were not working previously, now are working such as flipboard, wechat, and even wifi file explorer pro.

The only thing i did was to restart my handset and start using wifi to save data plan and the next day, when i switched back to data plan, skype is misbehaving already.

What have I done wrong? Should i do the security wipe again? I'm quite reluctant as it messes my contacts, making entries in Simcard and on handset, which as a result double entry for any given contact.

Any suggestion or ideas are very much welcomed. I'm on z10, STL100-1, with OS 10.0.10.82.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:22 AM
    Um, Skype is in PREVIEW. And not on the Z10 at all. Have a little patience.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:32 AM
    Honestly, when I tried skype on the Z10, I was very disappointed. Basically I wasn't looking forward to the official release anymore.

Too many crashes and disconnects, but I told myself it's because I have a leak firmware and this is not an official skype release.

So here is hoping for the best, I might have to find other alternatives if it still performs so badly when it officially comes to the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:34 AM
    That's why i decided to delete it and wait for the 10.1 OS for the Z10 to arrive.

Sent from my Z10 posted using the CB10.
    05-08-13 03:36 AM
    When skype for Q10 was released and news about it being able to be sideloaded, I was so thrilled and installed the apps but to no success. It always said "Application not responding,needs to be close" or along that line

I then braced myself to do the security wipe and reinstalled everything from scratch, not restoring from my backup as some people in the forum seesm to suggest after restoring, sideloaded apps won't be able to work in some cases

After the wipe, i was a happy man. My skype was working fine, video call and audio call was clear, no lag or problems at all. This happiness only last for ONE DAY. The next day, the skype seems unable to detect my internet connection, even though other sideloaded apps which were not working previously, now are working such as flipboard, wechat, and even wifi file explorer pro.

The only thing i did was to restart my handset and start using wifi to save data plan and the next day, when i switched back to data plan, skype is misbehaving already.

What have I done wrong? Should i do the security wipe again? I'm quite reluctant as it messes my contacts, making entries in Simcard and on handset, which as a result double entry for any given contact.

Any suggestion or ideas are very much welcomed. I'm on z10, STL100-1, with OS 10.0.10.82.

Posted via CB10
    Stop loading things not meant for your device? It's known to be a preview and not only that, it's meant to only be used on the Q10. Everyone was so eager to have it, no wonder nobody who had it really wanted to share it. Nobody wanted to hear the complaints lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:40 AM
    Yes, naughty me. Should have waited for the official release which is just around the corner pressumably. but being able to get skype for my daily use was the only reason that trigger my action. Then, show it off to people abt z10 is the bonus goal...hehehe

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 05:31 AM
    Weird. I have been using Skype on my Z10 since the bar file was leaked and I haven't had a single issue *knocks on wood*. Running stock OS 10.0 though

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 05:48 AM
    In all fairness everything's worked perfect for me on z10 accept... the slowness and I'll get notification same time pop up that's all re ally aha calls messaging everything's fine

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 05:50 AM
    I am running Skype on the 10. 0.90 release of Z10 and everything works as it should except when I call a land line from my Skype (within my 3 month package) the call connects but we can not hear each other.

Skype to Skype runs fine though

Posted Using CB10 - Z10 "-2" on the Vodafone UK Network
    05-08-13 06:10 AM
    Lol leaked apps never work 100% so why cry when they don't

My goodness ppl

Wait for the official and then cry if it does not work right.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-08-13 07:26 AM
    I too side loaded Skype and have had no issues. Call quality is superb, no complaints here at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:30 AM
    I have STL100-1 and mine works perfectly. 10.0.10.738
    05-08-13 08:38 AM
    Well, i just hope skype will be released soon. Some of the android apps that are sideloaded also don't work in some cases which begs the question whether it is the wrong of the handset or merely software incompatibility.

For some, it works beautifully, whilst for others, some effort need to be put in. Any1 can confirm if this is fix in the upcoming 10.1??

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:54 AM
    Stop loading things not meant for your device? It's known to be a preview and not only that, it's meant to only be used on the Q10. Everyone was so eager to have it, no wonder nobody who had it really wanted to share it. Nobody wanted to hear the complaints lol.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:21 AM
    i have skype sideloaded on my z10 and it works great...although i don't use it much.
    i actually call my contacts randomly just to see if it's working...

patience my friend...it will be officially released when ready.
    05-08-13 09:47 AM
    Have patience like the rest of us. 10.1 is coming soon and so will Skype for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:36 AM
    BlackBerry needs to have more cores and battery capacity to run all the android apps.

I have skype but the device feels like dragging when im using it too much and it drains my battery fast when its logged in in background.

What i mean here is skype isn't always smooth like it does on high end android device.. it stutters sometimes. I suspect its the hardware but blackberry isn't that bad... it's still incredible.

Posted via (CB)
    05-08-13 10:56 AM
    Lol leaked apps never work 100% so why cry when they don't.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    I was not crying, just stating something that I noticed. Actually I used to to see how easy sideloading via the Chrome app was.

The three months free Skype was good too. I might buy the annual Office licence which comes with 60 Minutes of Skype a month after that.

Posted Using CB10 - Z10 "-2" on the Vodafone UK Network
    05-08-13 11:36 AM
    Hey, my skype preview on my z10 has suddenly started to work beautifully again this morning without me doing anything to fix it at all.

So for those who happen to encounter the same problem, don't be disheartened, perhaps after several restarts, it might behaves as it shouls again.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:26 PM