There's a chance Microsoft is throwing BlackBerry a bone by making Skype available for the Q10. It may be available ONLY for the Q10. Windows Phones are collecting dust in retailers stockrooms. Sitting in a distant fourth, Microsoft realizes Windows Phone will never attain #1 or #2 in the smartphone race. That's why they go all out with their apps for Android and iOS including Skype, Outlook, Hotmail, SkyDrive, and My Xbox Live. They have Office for Mac because OS X is not a threat. They even have Skype for Linux because it's just a blip on the radar. BlackBerry is in their sights. MS will not accommodate BB to the full extent. That includes and official release of Skype for the Z10.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 04-24-13 at 11:19 PM.
    04-24-13 10:20 PM
    *hits head against the wall*

*keeps hitting head against the wall*
    04-24-13 10:22 PM
    *hits head against the wall*

*keeps hitting head against the wall*
    As the rest of the Crackberry members join in

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:24 PM
    * hits head on old iphone*

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-24-13 10:29 PM
    I am very worried that when the Q10 is finally released the darth of apps gap would be too wide!!!!
    04-24-13 10:30 PM
    Can a mod please stop these threads!! Please!!!!

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham and R Field like this.
    04-24-13 10:38 PM
    jdhooghe, why did you switch from Windows Phone to BlackBerry 10?
    trinipoco likes this.
    04-24-13 10:41 PM
    Can a mod please stop these threads!! Please!!!!

Posted via CB10
    There's other threads that discuss Windows Phone's position in the marketplace vs. BlackBerry? Can you point one out for me please?
    04-24-13 10:48 PM
    Cynical^. Microsoft has prostituted themselves to everyone why wouldn't they provide Skype to the Z10, makes no sense to make for one and not the other

From the Zed of Rockivy
    04-24-13 10:49 PM
    Ok I supported some of the Skype threads (and others) that stated that they need to come fast to keep BB10 getting steady market share, but this naysaying, alarmist, sky is falling, doom and gloom has got to stop. It has been proven that the skype from q10 can be pulled off as a bar file and loaded on the Z10 and work. So whether or not they release it for Z10, in about a weeks time, my Z10 will be running skype, as soon as the Q10 comes out, if someone doesn't leak a bar file before that. So:
    Hey!
    no!
    We do that outside...
    SDTRMG likes this.
    ......................................__.......... ......................................
    .............................,-~*`lllllll`*~,.................................... ......
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.......................... .......
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)`~,....... ...........
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

Posted via CB10
    As the rest of the Crackberry members join in

Posted via CB10
    You disagree? How about providing a counterpoint.
    04-24-13 10:50 PM
    No your point of Skype only being available to one BB10 device.

Sorry but that just doesn't make sense

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-24-13 10:50 PM
    Amazing!

Do people really think that forums are for starting threads, and that you do not need to read anything anywhere before posting?
    04-24-13 10:52 PM
    You disagree? How about providing a counterpoint.
    Okay how about this thread that's been on here All day with screen shots of Skype on z10 as well as a 2 hour live stream of it being used on both z10 and q10. Is that Counter point enough for you?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=799569

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:58 PM
    Cynical^. Microsoft has prostituted themselves to everyone why wouldn't they provide Skype to the Z10, makes no sense to make for one and not the other

From the Zed of Rockivy
    The Q10 is a non-competitor to Windows Phone. What would be safer for Microsoft...to release Skype on BlackBerry qwerty device with a 3.1" square screen, or a BlackBerry touchscreen with a 4.2" - 5.5" display? Think about it from a competitive standpoint. It very well could be one or the other.
    04-24-13 10:59 PM
    There's no doubt that the Z10 is capable of running Skype. That's not my point. I'm referring to the politics of it all. CrackBerry readers have to take off their blinders sometimes.
    04-24-13 11:06 PM
    04-24-13 11:07 PM
    Ok I supported some of the Skype threads (and others) that stated that they need to come fast to keep BB10 getting steady market share
    Do you think Microsoft wants them to gain market share?
    04-24-13 11:09 PM
    It doesn't specify it's coming to the Z10.
    Thanh Phan likes this.
    04-24-13 11:12 PM
    It is to Microsoft s advantage to have Skype on as any platforms as possible. I reckon the majority of BlackBerry users are PC users too, hedging bets! Just so happens it took a little longer than anticipated to have a worthy version ready for BlackBerry 10 and makes financial sense to hitthe q10 first as the Z10 is already in the hands of the radical crackberry abusers, and beyond return! Just my 2 cents. BTW I have a Z10 and have family overseas. Can't wait for Skype on the Z10, but I have no doubt but that it will come soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:13 PM
    You are over thinking this. If that was the case then why release it for the Q10? Yes I know you say it's not a full touch screen so it's not their competitor but it's still a blackberry so why support them at all if you are concerned with the competition gaining market share.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:13 PM
    Who do you think shot JFK?

as long as we are into conspiracy theories...
    04-24-13 11:14 PM
    Sorry but blinders don't apply to me.

I'm a realist as I still use all other OSs as well.

It's not believable that Skype would be only available on the Q10 when both Q and Z run the exact same OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:16 PM
    Devices is plural. If they meant it just for the q10 they would have specified that at the launch or in the posting. Your reasoning makes no sense.

It will be on the playbook as well once it's upgraded to bb10 OS

http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-...0/td-p/1393181

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-24-13 11:20 PM
35 12