Now here is an interesting question : Will it have video chat which we have all been waiting for right out of the gates?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:15 AM
    i cant find that post on skype's blog

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:26 AM
    We use Skype with friends and family not currently living in the US. Have a son living in Arizona who calls using Skype all the time.
    04-03-13 10:31 AM
    Skype may not be useful for you but it's damn useful for others. We use Skype for work and all my clients and Co workers are on Skype.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:46 AM
    I personally don't know any business users that used Skype for business.
    I do with my clients in China. But not from my phone.
    04-03-13 11:09 AM
    It'd be cool if it turned out to be a native app due to all the demand. I kinda wonder if it would have been faster to develop natively than to hack the Android port in to working properly which is obviously a much larger job than anticipated.
    04-03-13 11:12 AM
    If oovooo was smart they would have released their app at launch, many people would have not even cared for skype

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:09 PM
    It's funny how the total BlackBerry lovers just assume that if an app is not available its really just not required. Please pick up a paper, listen to radio or they or actually join the real world. Apple sells 5 million phones a month for a reason and it's certainly not because of ios. Really to say you personally or professionally you have no use for Skype is strictly trolling for BlackBerry. Get a life - the rest of the world is using face time first and Skype second. Pretending that these apps are really not required is absolutely senseless. Please send me your contact information because really you are so foolish I want to sell you some ocean front property in Saslatchewan. Yeesh some people need to actually think a wee bit.

Posted via CB10
    dannykavs and pels_17 like this.
    04-03-13 11:02 PM
    Where exactly is Saslatchewan?

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    04-03-13 11:05 PM
    Where exactly is Saslatchewan?

Exactly! J/K

In case you missed his point he is emphasizing that people are being ignorant when they say nobody uses Skype. Truthfully, the number of organizations and individuals using Skype is extremely high and it is a must app for the BlackBerry. Now if BlackBerry could deliver seamless and transparent integration of Skype with BlackBerry voice and video calling that would be something else all together.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:27 AM
    Skype is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft isn't really committed to their own mobile phone platform, WP8 so why do you think that they would be any more committed to BlackBerry? Skype for WP8 is ****. You can't even log out to save your battery in that WP8 app. Don't get your hopes up.
    04-04-13 01:36 AM
    I use Skype on my nokia n9 when I'm in the pub (no signal in there) so I find it very useful to communicate when I'm getting hammered

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:55 AM
    "Business User", and "Skype"... hmmm...

A "Business" User would likely have a BB if it's actually a "business", and probably use BBM Video. I personally don't know any business users that used Skype for business.
    I know lots, especially when ringing foreign countries. the cost when I am in china from mobile is �1.50 per minute. using Skype to a UK mobile or land line is �0.04 per min. That's why Skype is good. I also use Playbook video chat, which is great but Skype for me is for phone calls.
    04-04-13 04:39 PM
    Business user...skype....you missed "travel". Every business person I know uses skype while traveling, and most of them uses blackberry (so they need another device for using skype)...I t would be awesome to travel with just one device dont you think?
    04-08-13 12:13 PM
    It's April 16th. This thread should be closed.

04-16-13 04:55 PM
    It will be on the 30th now is under Skype and instagram follow it and close this one please

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 05:01 PM
    It's funny how the total BlackBerry lovers just assume that if an app is not available its really just not required. Please pick up a paper, listen to radio or they or actually join the real world. Apple sells 5 million phones a month for a reason and it's certainly not because of ios. Really to say you personally or professionally you have no use for Skype is strictly trolling for BlackBerry. Get a life - the rest of the world is using face time first and Skype second. Pretending that these apps are really not required is absolutely senseless. Please send me your contact information because really you are so foolish I want to sell you some ocean front property in Saslatchewan. Yeesh some people need to actually think a wee bit.

Posted via CB10
    The reason Apple selling that many phones is not because it supports the Skype app either. I do agree someone's disinterest in a particular app does not translate to "needing" it being false. However, when you say that " to say you personally or professionally you have no use for Skype is strictly trolling for BlackBerry", that is just over the top. Just as people have a great want and even need for Skype (or similar apps), others can have absolutely no need for it WITHOUT being a "troll for BlackBerry".
    04-16-13 05:13 PM
    It's April 16th. This thread should be closed.

I think this now makes sense. skype is held off until the q10 arrives. so yeah I'll expect it to arrive by the end of april or the 1st week of may. hopefully my carrier telstra will also start pushing the 10.1 OS too for my z10!
    04-16-13 05:26 PM
    to be honest man, I don't think it'll come out until the Q10 does which is on April 30th
    04-16-13 05:37 PM
    Since we're all guessing. I'll go for... April 34th. Ya. That should be it.

Posted via CB10
    sakin13 likes this.
    04-16-13 06:21 PM
    I knew when Microsoft bought skype they'll end up ruining it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:39 PM
    Actually, Google is better at coming up with a good thing then ruining it or canceling it thereafter.
    04-16-13 07:08 PM
    Ya I gave the guy the Gears who reported the story. I hear there was a delay. But it is ready. What I hear anyways.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:37 AM
    As Skype will be an android port, I think OS10.1 will be needed to run properly. Don't expect it until 10.1 is out in the wild...

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:59 AM
    If oovooo was smart they would have released their app at launch, many people would have not even cared for skype

Posted via CB10
    Same thought here, I understand when developers want to "wait and see" how a new platform does before committing themselves to it, but they shoot themselves in the foot when they miss great opportunities to increase their user base and "cash in" whilst Skype and other cross platform video and voice service apps drag their feet. A smart developer or company would keep tabs on the new platform, monitor demand(in the case of BB10 there's a huge demand for cross platform video and voice service) and release their app to fill in the gap. They would probably have gained close to a million users by now(on the analogy that of the million BB10 devices sold a huge number will switch to their app because of the demand). By the time they eventually do they'll be competing with Skype, Viber and Face flow. Such bad business sense.
    04-17-13 11:41 AM
54 123