Hi everyone,
    Since the launch of the passport, I have read several very positive reviews in the (german) media. They keep telling that after the failure with the z10, the passport is a step in the right direction. I just do not get it. Why do people think that the z10 was a bad phone? I am still going strong with my z10 and still love it and think it is a great phone. It was the first phone on the new OS and was a revolutionary step for BlackBerry.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    10-07-14 02:29 AM
    Ah media. Full of crap. I watch reviews to know what a device feels like. I don't even consider their opinion of the device. Screw the media. They don't even know what they're saying most of the time. I bet they never tried Z10 with 10.3 or 10.2.

My only issue with Z10 was the camera which they managed to fix in 10.3. But reviews will always say the camera sucks because it did suck at that time.

So, in conclusion, screw the media.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:58 AM
    Hi everyone,
    Since the launch of the passport, I have read several very positive reviews in the (german) media. They keep telling that after the failure with the z10, the passport is a step in the right direction. I just do not get it. Why do people think that the z10 was a bad phone? I am still going strong with my z10 and still love it and think it is a great phone. It was the first phone on the new OS and was a revolutionary step for BlackBerry.

Media is do promoting BlackBerry passport. Passport has a bigger screen and OS 10.3.1. Passport size is not suitable for me. Mine One year plus Z10/STL 2 on 10.2.2 is well working .

Posted via CB10
    drewood66 likes this.
    10-07-14 03:41 AM
    There are more Z10's out in the world than Passports. Only reason that they judge it a failure is that BlackBerry produced too many of them.
    Personally, don't like the Passport, and think the hype is overblown. This is still going to be a niche phone, even though the limited production run has sold out.

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    drewood66 likes this.
    10-07-14 03:56 AM
    **cough**inventory write down**cough** ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    kbz1960, spikesolie and Nayalm like this.
    10-07-14 04:05 AM
    The point is not that the Z10 was reviewed as a really bad phone....the question was why should you buy it. We are not talking about BlackBerry enthusiasts but about the average consumer who will know Android and IOS. At the time of release of the Z the app status was not so well as it ia now and we were dealing with a brand new OS (angst!).

The Passport on the other hand brings a new twist to the mobile market. Even Engadget (who normally are not in favor of BB) reviewed it as maybe odd at first but that they can appreciate what it brings new to the table. Or yesterday the german FAZ......

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:58 AM
    The worse part is that plenty of brainless people read this reviews and think are bible.
    10-07-14 06:05 AM
    Well the Z10 did come out with random reboots and other issues. Lots of complaints on it before an update helped.
    FF22, Thud Hardsmack and Carjackd like this.
    10-07-14 06:53 AM
    I agree the launch was a failure, but I bought mine 3 months ago and, with most of the kinks gone from the OS, am finding it a delightful phone.
    Unfortunately, the media does not give second chances, especially since the company was in such dire straights they didn't expect it to survive.
    I hope to keep this phone for a while and enjoy it with 10.3.1 when it is officially released.

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    brookie229 and kbz1960 like this.
    10-07-14 08:20 AM
    Look at the bright side: the Passport gives them an excuse to correct all the crap they said about the Z10. It's going to take a reviewer with guts to admit they were wrong about the Z10 (BBerry) and that the Passport proves it. This allows them a certain amount of mea culpa.
    drewood66 likes this.
    10-07-14 08:22 AM
    As mentioned, the Z10 at launch had a very different and pretty incomplete OS. In the almost two years, the OS has been improved quite a bit and that is what you/reviewers see on the Passport.
    brookie229, kbz1960 and drewood66 like this.
    10-07-14 08:53 AM
    I think it's more that the launch of the Z10 was a failure. Nothing to do with the OS itself.

Particularly in the U.S.

I mean, there was this big New York announcement, and then...
    ... nothing for several more months.

Sure, it came out in Canada and Europe right after that announcement, and did okay, but most of these tech sites are based in the U.S., and see things from a U.S. perspective.

The initial interest in the Z10 was there, and it was somewhat well reviewed - the app issue being the thing that most reviewers were hung up on. All the bugs that only we on these forums complained about was not heard about in any review.

By the time AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile finally got around to releasing the Z10 in the States, most potential customers were already hearing about the just announced Galaxy S4 and ongoing talk of the upcoming iPhone 5S/C. By that time, the Z10 was just a fading memory - interest was gone and on to the next flashy ad (something else BB never had).

Deja vu all over again as the Passport is once again taking too long to be sold by AT&T. At least, this time, one can get an unlocked Passport and actually use it now.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-07-14 09:29 AM
    "The company also said it had sold 1 million Z10 phones, the new touchscreen device that�BlackBerry launched some eight weeks ago, and which is the first to run the overhauled BlackBerry 10 software. Though the device has only just gone on sale in the United States, i"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyols...on-z10-phones/

Sounded good then......

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-07-14 09:34 AM
    Hi everyone,

Sales wise, the Z10 was a total failiure, doesn't mean the device itself is a failiure.
    10-07-14 10:20 AM
    The Z10 didn't sell well, hence it was a failure to BBRY as a business. As a device thought it was groundbreaking. So they're half right.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 03:11 PM
    joeldf is exactly right about this. Nearly every review of the Z10 was, largely positive. There was no mention of the types of problems you find here on Crackberry in any media reviews of the phone. The one constant knock on the phone in the reviews were the lack of apps available, and the question as to whether this would ever get any better. Otherwise people liked the phone, the browser, and most every reviewer went out of their way to say that they loved the hub and the keyboard.

I know this, because I bought the phone about 6 months ago based largely on the reviews I read. I read every review I could find, and essentially all ranged from somewhat positive, to very positive.

All that to say, the media didn't cause the Z10 to fail. The failure of the phone was related to marketing and poor business decisions. The cell phone market is way too competitive to release news of a new phone, and then not release the phone on time. Follow that with nearly non-existent marketing, and there are going to be real problems. People have too many good options for that to work.

It seems to me that Blackberry's problem has always been one of arrogance. "If we build it, they will come..." When Apple and Android stepped up the competition, Blackberry didn't feel the need to compete, to change and advance. In many ways, the Z10 was just trying to get Blackberry onto the same playing field, to catch up. It had the hub and the improved typing. By basic specs, it was (is) a solid phone. However, they didn't really advance much else of significance. Still, if they would have released it on time, and created some good advertising hype, I can't see how the phone would not have taken off. It is a good phone, and a good new platform.

Strangely, I don't know why they aren't hyping the Passport more than they are. Even after all the massive free press, I'm seeing Apple ads all the time for the IPhone 6. I've yet to see anything at all for the Passport. You can't leave the perception of your products to others to define, and you can't assume that people will know about and be excited about your product if you don't tell them why they should be.
    10-07-14 06:44 PM
    Strangely, I don't know why they aren't hyping the Passport more than they are. Even after all the massive free press, I'm seeing Apple ads all the time for the IPhone 6. I've yet to see anything at all for the Passport. You can't leave the perception of your products to others to define, and you can't assume that people will know about and be excited about your product if you don't tell them why they should be.
    Just responding to your closing paragraph - now I think the issue, perhaps, PROBLEM, is that they are not attempting to lure many run-of-the-mill consumers or even regular bb fans. They or remarks about them suggest that they are going after ENTERPRISE, leaving the rest of us to fend for ourselves. From talk, Verizon has now reserved sales of the Z30 to Business clients. Consumers need not apply. We shall see if this new "sales" philosophy works or not. But they are not making it exactly easy to find or purchase the phones.
    10-07-14 10:12 PM
    Man I love my Z10. I don't have any of the battery issues that I read about. My battery lasts me a good 16 hours of solid usage.

My Samsung galaxy S3 gave me less than half that.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:59 PM
    Man I love my Z10. I don't have any of the battery issues that I read about. My battery lasts me a good 16 hours of solid usage.

My Samsung galaxy S3 gave me less than half that.

Posted via CB10
    What sold me the Z10 was it's the SAME specs(strictly hardware) as Samsung GSIII, and that was the biggest BS "LIE" and they got punished for it with a head to toe inventory write down, company stock dropping even further, no one wants to buy the company like it's the plague and Thorsten Heins got kicked out and I'm still celebrating all that to this day
    Don't get me wrong i did buy the phone knowing it has a new OS and no app developers wants to put up with the time and effort until it gets a decent ecosystem and i even paid higher than the normal price gust to have it before Official launch here in K.S.A .
    I remember buying the Z30 and selling it after 2 or 3 days because with all the bells and whistles that came with it it wasn't a match to the GSIII hardware + heavier than Z10, GSIII and a Note2 combined.

Cheers! From my STL-1
    10-07-14 11:57 PM
    What sold me the Z10 was it's the SAME specs(strictly hardware) as Samsung GSIII, and that was the biggest BS "LIE" and they got punished for it with a head to toe inventory write down, company stock dropping even further, no one wants to buy the company like it's the plague and Thorsten Heins got kicked out and I'm still celebrating all that to this day
    Don't get me wrong i did buy the phone knowing it has a new OS and no app developers wants to put up with the time and effort until it gets a decent ecosystem and i even paid higher than the normal price gust to have it before Official launch here in K.S.A .
    I remember buying the Z30 and selling it after 2 or 3 days because with all the bells and whistles that came with it it wasn't a match to the GSIII hardware + heavier than Z10, GSIII and a Note2 combined.

Cheers! From my STL-1
    I dont even know where to start with this guy...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 12:27 AM
    I dont even know where to start with this guy...

Posted via CB10
    Please do!
    I'm very anxious to hear the sound of the Pearls dropping on the floor from your mouth LMFAO

Cheers! From my STL-1
    10-08-14 12:57 AM
    now I think the issue, perhaps, PROBLEM, is that they are not attempting to lure many run-of-the-mill consumers or even regular bb fans. They or remarks about them suggest that they are going after ENTERPRISE, leaving the rest of us to fend for ourselves.
    Yeah, it seems like that could be where this is headed. On one level, I understand that basic strategy. Going after a particular slice of the population allows you to focus in on the things that will benefit that population. For Enterprise customers, they wouldn't have to focus significant resources on things like video players, or to make it the most usable with social apps. All this is great, and I'd LOVE to see them concentrate on business functions, as that is what I'm primarily after (better syncing and fixing all contact problems, for a start). I wouldn't mind if they made the more recreational stuff available, but in a more scaled down format, though I would bet plenty of other people WOULD mind, even among the Enterprise crowd.

However, I don't understand making it harder for people who might want their phones to buy them. That does not make sense to me. And, I think they still need to advertise, even if they are going after one segment of the cellphone community.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-08-14 03:00 PM
    The BlackBerry 10 OS was incomplete and very hard to use when it first launched. The Z10 hardware was good but it still couldn't help the sales.

So I agree that the BlackBerry 10 launch with the Z10 was a failure even though with the updates the BlackBerry 10 OS received, it is now the best mobile OS in the market.

Not only that, but people just had really high expectations of the Z10, considering the delays in the launch and the anticipation of the completely new operating system.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    10-08-14 03:14 PM