04-12-13 04:09 PM
128 ... 23456
tools
    I only joined the forum after getting my Z10. IMO, the OP is engaged in highly selective cherry picking.

The posts I find most irritating are those from posters claiming to have found some major fault with the phone and accusing those of us not experiencing the same thing of lying or covering up.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    03-29-13 10:37 AM
    Hmmnnnn........... point 3 got me wondering a little here; "There is a global conspiracy that is focused on destroying BBRY. This is because Apple and Google are worried about BBRY… OR, because of stock manipulators that will drive the stock down by posting on CB"

After some deep, deep research (OK, I looked in one book) I found out that the Latin for apple is malus. Nothing wrong with that you might say; but consider further. Malus also has another meaning in Latin too; evil or bad.

I think the evidence is crystal clear that Apple are intent on none other than world domination people! Repeat! WORLD DOMINATION!

This evil SPECTRE like organization needs Daniel Craig (or Sean Connery, whoever's free at the time) to infiltrate, seek out & destroy their CEO (I am lead to believe a certain Mr Blofeld). Only then can the world once more breathe safely again.

This thread will self destruct in 10 seconds!
    Last edited by knighty2112; 03-29-13 at 11:00 AM.
    Hamilton Guy likes this.
    03-29-13 10:45 AM
    Yes, I know… goodbye, see ya, won’t miss ya.

I joined CB a month or so ago when I bought my Z10. I have been on the forum now and then but I think I am getting a little addicted (for the wrong reasons) so I decided to leave CB. Here are my top 10 observations:

1. Anyone saying anything that is not glowingly positive about the Z10 is a troll
    2. Any review that is not gushing about Z10 is written by an idiot… probably bought and paid for by Apple and/or Android
    3. There is a global conspiracy that is focused on destroying BBRY. This is because Apple and Google are worried about BBRY… OR, because of stock manipulators that will drive the stock down by posting on CB
    4. Any app not available for the Z10 is totally unnecessary. Such apps are in the same category as fart noise making apps and are for people that play games all day long and don’t have a proper job. Any app that could be ported from Android MIGHT be useful and worthy of serious people but if it turn out that same ported app drains the Z10 battery from fully charged to 3% in twelve minutes then such said app is actually a fart noise making type app and is in fact totally necessary after all. As apps become available for the Z10, they suddenly become useful and no longer unnecessary
    5. Virtual keyboards were NEVER any good and should be avoided at all costs until the Z10 came out, at which point VK are better than physical keyboard as long as they are on a Z10 otherwise they remain totally unusable
    6. Any shortcoming is the fault of the carriers and not BRRY. This applies to everything
    7. Lack of headphones by some carriers is a) nothing to do with BBRY (see 6 above) and b) are totally unusable anyway therefore the carrier doing us a favour by not including them in the first place. However, the fact the headphones are crap and unusable is not to be construed as a criticism of the quality of BBRY products otherwise, please refer to 1 above
    8. While Z10 is a serious business tool and not for Angry Bird playing iSheep-brain washed Apple users, the 30 day sync limit on emails is absolutely fine and is not an issue in any way. If in doubt, please refer to 1, 2 and 3 above
    9. Z10 battery life was superior to anything on the market on release day. The OS update was amazing and made it even better. Those not getting amazing battery life are delusional
    10. If you ask an ATT or Best Buy clerk about the Z10 and they say it is selling well then you are truthful and deserve accolade. If the clerk says otherwise, you are (select between 1, 2 and 3) and in any event, you should post the location of the shop, the name of the clerk, his or her telephone number, social security number, their mother’s maiden name and the name of their first pet
    11. A long post is frowned upon and is an indication of the OP’s arrogance. A short post is frowned upon as the OP did not explain themselves fully and therefore must be a troll (unless it is saying ‘the Z10 is amazing’ in which case a short post is absolutely fine)
    12. iPhone users can’t count (OK, this one might be true)

I hope that at least some of you will take this post in the light-hearted way it was intended. I love you guys and admire your dedication. I hope one day I will come back when there is a BBRY that works for me. In the meanwhile, enjoy your new phone.
    03-29-13 11:04 AM
    This thread was hilarious. I would thank the OP for posting it but it was his goodbye post. So many things that were said are so true. I'm glad someone was able to say it in a "poke fun at yourself" kind of way. Let's be honest friends, sometimes our loyalty for Blackberry turns into blind love. We refuse to see what's right in front of us. I read some of these threads and roll my eyes whenever anyone claims a certain app is unimportant and who has time for that kind of stuff anyway. Believe it or not, there are useful apps out there that people use on a daily basis that aren't fart apps. I read a thread about Skype and why everyone found it so important. For me, it is. I don't expect anyone else to have a vote on what I want on my device. I'm not bashing the site or Blackberry, by any means. I LOVE Blackberry. Nothing would make me happier than to see awesome numbers for BB10 so I could tell my Apple fanboy husband, "HA! I told you!"

Anyway. Thanks OP. This thread made my morning.
    Good post. Thanks... I don't consider myself an addict. Z 10 is a tool and I use it as such.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-29-13 11:36 AM
    It's all about education and respect.
    Different opinions?? Okay, no problem, but with education and respect.
    Just my thougth.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    03-29-13 11:51 AM
    I certainly hope the Z10 isn't perfect then I wouldn't have the anticipation of waiting for Os upgrades/fixes, new apps to download, and visits to CB trying to figure out how to make things work. What would I do then. I would have way to much time on my hands and the wife would pull out the honey do list.

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    03-29-13 12:09 PM
    I am really tired of people like you coming on here and talking common sense. How dare you!

I have been called an "irritant" many times, before. LOL!
    Have a great Easter weekend!
    03-29-13 12:13 PM
    You are an *****.
    You are an *****.
    Posts like these just go to show how right the OP is !!!
    03-29-13 12:21 PM
    LOL! Love it, and although I am a CB/BB addict....this was spot on..
    Thanks for the laugh, and come back and visit!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-29-13 12:25 PM
    Well said in non offending funny way. You know the word "Love is blind". But still I hope you'll come back soon to check us out. CB is too great source of information, specially for
    newbies like me to leave just because some irrational posts. And reading said posts is highly entertaining sometimes
    03-29-13 12:55 PM
    Hmm. Calling out a fan site because it has fans? Maybe the forums aren't your cup of tea, but the site still has a lot of great articles and useful how-to's, and reviews. I hope that perhaps you'll still visit from time to time and still check those out. All the best to you. Oh, and your observations were all spot-on. Addicts don't like being told they have a problem. Lol!
    marts1x likes this.
    03-29-13 01:06 PM
    Yes, I know… goodbye, see ya, won’t miss ya.
    That would have been enough. And yet, you persist, as though anyone to whom you've directed your critique cares. This just in. We don't.
    03-29-13 01:13 PM
    The op's post applies to all fan site forums. It is an obvious troll making a troll post.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:16 PM
    Please direct me to where I can get some of what the people in this thread are smoking, like really.
    03-29-13 01:16 PM
    That would have been enough. And yet, you persist, as though anyone to whom you've directed your critique cares. This just in. We don't.
    Please don't speak for all of us.

Many of us do care and agree with the OP.
    retomex likes this.
    03-29-13 01:21 PM

Clearly @CBCListener speaks for everyone by using the word we.
    Foolish.
    03-29-13 01:27 PM

Okay, so do something about it. I do agree with the OP, in that unfettered support is as bad as unwarranted criticism...ignoring the bad only enables more bad, which is why BlackBerry was still selling phones that were cutting edge...in 2003. What I want from a site such as this is one without a secondary agenda...and while CrackBerry isn't perfect in this respect, it's a lot closer than many others, if only because Mobile Nations has a larger perspective than simply promoting one platform. The OP makes some allegations which are, however, proven unfounded. And so off with the lot of it.
    03-29-13 01:27 PM
    The OP makes some allegations which are, however, proven unfounded. And so off with the lot of it.
    You made sense until this part. Care to mention some specifics? Are they unfounded or (more than likely) you disagree with them.
    03-29-13 01:36 PM
    Genius! Please let this be stickied and please stay so you can grow the list of shenanigans

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:43 PM
    Okay, so do something about it. I do agree with the OP, in that unfettered support is as bad as unwarranted criticism...ignoring the bad only enables more bad, which is why BlackBerry was still selling phones that were cutting edge...in 2003. What I want from a site such as this is one without a secondary agenda...and while CrackBerry isn't perfect in this respect, it's a lot closer than many others, if only because Mobile Nations has a larger perspective than simply promoting one platform. The OP makes some allegations which are, however, proven unfounded. And so off with the lot of it.
    "I hope that at least some of you will take this post in the light-hearted way it was intended" Taken from the OP

The OP was clearly letting us know that this was a "tongue in cheek" post and that not all of it was to be taken seriously.

The problem I percieve with CB of late is that a certain element are taking it far too seriously.

The technical knowledge available on here is outstanding but is becoming increasingly buried by fanboy rants hijacking threads, particularly in the BB10 forums.

Thank god for the relatively peacuful waters of the Legacy Device sections that so far seem to be unaffected.

Hopefully given a little time the novelty of the Z10 will wear off and the fanboyism will go away so folks will be able to get their BB10 questions answered without the need to wade through a swamp of irrelevance to get there.

There again, maybe with the launch of the Q10 they will just turn their attentions there instead. God help the first person to say that the Q10 keyboard is better than the Z10 one, they will be flamed to a crisp in seconds unless the fanboys are totally confused by the concept of one BB being better than another rather than being compared to another platform !!!
    03-29-13 01:46 PM
    You made sense until this part. Care to mention some specifics? Are they unfounded or (more than likely) you disagree with them.
    Unfounded in the sense that the allegations the OP refers to are comments objecting to the conjecture, hyperbole and outright ignorance than actual fact. It's something of a tautology in that the criticism actually lends credence to that sort of uselessness. I don't disagree with any of it. It's more that (irony noted wrt feeding trolls) it's just more noise. And -I- don't care, even if you do. Need I be more specific?
    03-29-13 01:52 PM
    Entertaining post OP.
    03-29-13 01:59 PM
    *runs to look up tautology*

Main Entry: tautology
    Pronunciation: \to?-?t-l?-j?\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural tautologies
    Etymology: Late Latin tautologia, from Greek, from tautologos
    Date: 1574
    1 a : needless repetition of an idea, statement, or word b : an instance of tautology 2 : a tautologous statement

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:00 PM
    I've been around Crackberry for quite a while and I'm not sure I've seen it this.......well, whatever, I still come here almost everyday, somedays longer than others, but I'm ADDICTED and thats what ADDICTED people do.....SIMPLE. I'm now carrying two devices to feed my ADDICTION (haven't carried two devices in years), because I LOVE BLACKBERRY reguardless of its shortcomings in some areas......nothing PERFECT. Its ok to use other brands, just be honest with yourself for once.......your ADDICTED, thats why its called CRACKBERRY
    03-29-13 02:01 PM
    I don't disagree with any of it.
    No further explanations required.
    03-29-13 02:04 PM
128 ... 23456