I yesterday bought my z10 stl100 -1 in Dubai unlocked .
    Without adding any account or even sim the phone got a update 10.1.04181 .

Now whenever I try and check for update it shows me same version saying you're software is upto date .

Iam still in Dubai and have not yet installed Indian voda phone SIM card in it . But the phone has region set to India .

And is installing sim important for the update ? Or without installing the sim I can still download the 10.2.1 update ?

Any guidance from you guys will be appreciated . Thanx in million.

Maybe I might sound a noob here but iam just a day old in the blackberry world and have never used a blackberry phone ever in my life but truly excited to use one now .
    02-06-14 09:30 AM
    Guys any pointers pls ?
    02-06-14 10:23 AM
    If you are using the SIM card of Dubai carriers who made the update available, I think you should be fine.

Posted via awesome Z10! Connect at pin:24C83E54 follow @ anubhavnagpal and subscribe to my channel C0001C740
    rav16 likes this.
    02-06-14 10:32 AM
    So, what you're saying is, the phone still shows 10.1? My experience is, if the carrier you are on is pushing an OS, with their SIM in the phone of course, you will get it. Now, what may have happened is you got an OS pushed to your IMEI number (not the SIM). And perhaps it didn't take for whatever reason -- like not having a SIM in the phone? If I were in your place, I'd put in the SIM you want to use, and if you get a notice to update, do it. Unless someone else has another idea?
    rav16 likes this.
    02-06-14 10:35 AM
    You can try installing Link on your PC, connect your Z10 with the USB cable and check for updates via Link. That's what I did to my wife's Z10 last week when I bought it in order to update it to 10.2.1 and it worked.

Posted via CB10
    rav16 likes this.
    02-06-14 10:44 AM
    Could always just load the OS via autoloader
    It would be identical anyways
    rav16 likes this.
    02-06-14 10:51 AM
    Guys thanx a million for your replies.

Iam leaving Dubai today and will reach Mumbai ( India ) today later in the day and will put my vodaphone SIM card ( India ) and try and see if I get all the updates .

I dint put the sim here in Dubai because I needed a phone here incase if the update would have taken a long time i would have been without phone , so I kept the sim in my current phone lumia 720 .

Btw will it take 10.2 update first and then take 10.2.1 ? Or straight 10.2.1 ?

I will try and update and whatever the outcome is will post it here in detail later today so it can help some others .

Once again thanx .
    02-06-14 07:03 PM
    Guys thanx a million for your replies.

Iam leaving Dubai today and will reach Mumbai ( India ) today later in the day and will put my vodaphone SIM card ( India ) and try and see if I get all the updates .

I dint put the sim here in Dubai because I needed a phone here incase if the update would have taken a long time i would have been without phone , so I kept the sim in my current phone lumia 720 .

Btw will it take 10.2 update first and then take 10.2.1 ? Or straight 10.2.1 ?

I will try and update and whatever the outcome is will post it here in detail later today so it can help some others .

Once again thanx .
    Just go ahead and update. A bridge is not needed.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:59 PM