Hi all,

Question could I use a Standard/Micro SIM in my z10 ?

Only asking as the standard sim I can get 1500 minutes 5000 texts 2GB data for less than and blackberry sim offering less min and data.

If I use a standard sim if it works, what disadvantages would it have over a blackberry sim only asking as I have a month left on contract

Thanks
    11-21-13 11:09 AM
    The sim that fits into the Z is a micro Sim. A standard sim can be cut down to a micro sim size though. When you say BlackBerry sim you mean a sim that has a BlackBerry plan associated with it? If so then no you can use the standard sim. Only older blackberrys require a BlackBerry plan.
    5parkey likes this.
    11-21-13 11:34 AM
    Forgot to say,

If I go to a non Blackberry package sim, do I keep my bbm ,pin numbers or get new ones, does my email still be pushed or do I need to download gmail app, can I still log onto blackberry world?
    11-21-13 12:17 PM
    Forgot to say,

If I go to a non Blackberry package sim, do I keep my bbm ,pin numbers or get new ones, does my email still be pushed or do I need to download gmail app, can I still log onto blackberry world?
    The Z10 uses normal data just like the iPhone, Android, or windows phone. Your device pin will be tired to your BlackBerry ID and BBM will still work. It is possible that you will have to notify your BBM contacts of the change. If your email is a Gmail it will still get pushed to the decide just like before. BlackBerry World will still work just like before.

All new BlackBerry 10 devices use normal data. Old BlackBerry OS device require a BlackBerry data plan.

Hope this helps.
    5parkey likes this.
    11-21-13 12:32 PM
    If you do try using a different sized but cut down or adapter in the Sim SLOT be very careful. A number of people have ruined the sim slot or metal contacts and the phone needs major repair.
    11-21-13 03:24 PM