Hi folks,
    I have an Z10, STL100-3, 10.2.1.2179 that I bought unlocked directly from BB, on AT&T's network in the USA. I keep this phone at home while I travel, plugged in and connected to forward calls to my work phone when I travel, which is more often than not.
    I came home the other day and took the phone out with me while doing errands and such and noticed I couldn't get online with it, there was no cellular data connection (I have a 2 Gig plan with AT&T). On investigation the phone is only receiving 4g voice only, no choices for different bands or carriers in the 'Mobile Network' page and the APN has "phone" entered, greyed out, and I'm unable to change the setting.
    I called AT&T help desk, who switched me over to BB helpdesk, who switched me over to AT&T again where we did a Security Wipe and also had updated my account. The immediate boot up showed no change for this issue and after a full restore from the last backup I made there is still no change - 4g voice only, AT&T only, not able to change APN from "Phone".
    I then did a test of SIM card, taking the AT&T card out of the Z10 and installing it in my previous used Nokia N9. The N9 showed that it was receiving data over the network and I could bring up web pages on the browser.
    I then took the SIM card out of my Travel Phone, also a Z10 STL100-3 on the Digicel network, and installed it on the subject Z10. It showed that the phone was receiving data and the APN changed to "bbweb" as it should with the Digicel SIM.
    So I'm vexed. Initially my first conclusion is that the problem lies with AT&T and/or the SIM card but I have a nagging feeling there may be a fault with the phone itself.
    Can anybody add to the troubleshooting methods or can offer an idea for a fix on this? Similar issues?
    Your help is appreciated.
    05-21-14 09:30 AM
    Not on AT&T but from what I understand AT&T prevents you from editing the APN settings and from making network changes, though one would think it would be set to work properly. I'm on T-Mo usa and all changes are available.
    05-21-14 10:54 AM
    Not on AT&T but from what I understand AT&T prevents you from editing the APN settings and from making network changes, though one would think it would be set to work properly. I'm on T-Mo usa and all changes are available.
    Yes, and that would be the case here. The issue was resolved about ten minutes ago (and about 24 hours from being w/AT&T helpdesk) and the changes AT&T made to my account allows me data now. Still can't change the APN to something else and still have no choice on cell band (LTE only).
    Issue resolved!
    05-21-14 01:02 PM