I was told that the Z10 uses a unique sim card which you can set up so you can use the phone to pay for things like a debit card. Is this true? I'm not using the sim card that came in my box. Has anyone done this or tried this?

I'm on rogers, Canada

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:47 PM
    I think it has to be an NFC enabled SIM card.
    04-14-13 09:50 PM
    You're talking about Rogers' SureTap technology which is something built into the Sim Card which enables you to make credit card payments with your phone if you have a phone that is NFC enabled, use a CIBC credit card, are with Rogers Wireless, and have the CIBC Payment App (Currently only available on some of the older NFC enabled BB7 devices).

It has been confirmed that a new CIBC app will be available "soon" on BB10 as well as some other Android devices.

Summary Requirements:
    NFC Enabled Smartphone
    Have Rogers Wireless as your Carrier
    Have a SureTap NFC Enabled SIM Card (Can be purchased or trade in your old SIM card for the new one. You might already have one if you use the one that came with your Z10)
    Have the CIBC Mobile Payment App (Currently only available on some older NFC Enabled BBOS7 devices)
    04-14-13 09:53 PM
    Wow thanks that clears it up it sounds great except I don't bank with cibc...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:55 PM
    I think it has to be an NFC enabled SIM card.
    Correct.

At only $10 go get a new one from a Rogers corporate store not a dealer store (because only the corporate stores can access your account and make the SIM switch) .

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-14-13 09:55 PM