Looks like users both with the native AT&T OTA release and leaked OS update are having problems running sideloaded apps. Even with a downgrade to an older OS, it is still not working apparently.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...t-work-796321/

Say it ain't so! Is this Blackberry blocking sideloading or just a bug?
    04-16-13 01:39 PM
    Seeing as AT&T blocked sideloading on Android in the early says it is probably their doing. "Security reasons."
    04-16-13 01:40 PM
    Seeing as AT&T blocked sideloading on Android in the early says it is probably their doing. "Security reasons."
    I hope it stays that way (carrier decision) ... but time will tell with future OS updates from other carriers. Hell, I just want any update at this point! (Verizon here)

This is somewhat of a deal breaker for me since I use Google Maps Navigation all the time!
    04-16-13 01:42 PM
    I haven't sideloaded anything new lately, but my previously sideloaded apps (Sportacular, IMO instant messenger) are working fine. On ATT with latest update.
    04-16-13 01:45 PM
    Looks like users both with the native AT&T OTA release and leaked OS update are having problems running sideloaded apps. Even with a downgrade to an older OS, it is still not working apparently.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...t-work-796321/

Say it ain't so! Is this Blackberry blocking sideloading or just a bug?
    I'm on AT&T running the latest update and my side loaded apps still function.
    04-16-13 01:47 PM
    I could sideload all my three apps with no issues...
    04-16-13 01:48 PM
    Are u sure it's only side loaded apps and not ALL android apps (also from app store). For me, the following solved it. Wipe your device. Do not set back backed up app data. Android apps should be working again.
    theguz4l likes this.
    04-16-13 01:53 PM
    I hope it's a hardware problem... will receive another one today...
    04-16-13 01:57 PM
    I have the leaked os 10.1.0.1429. All my side loaded apps work. Instagram and Netflix. However flixter that I downloaded from app world does not. Page once that I download from app world does. I think the leak is just a little unstable that's all for me the good out ways the bad so I'm keeping it.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:45 PM
    I have the latest update from AT&T and side loaded a couple of apps today and they all work fine. All my side loaded apps actually run better since the last update

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:53 PM
    All previously installed side loaded apps working for me on AT&T 10.0.10.822.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:26 PM
    so is the issue you cant add apps or run them?
    04-24-13 07:31 PM
    I just sideloaded cracked.com lite app for Android. Works great. Using the 10.1 hybrid and on tmo

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:42 PM
    Hello there,

I can confim that the problem happens ONLY if you restore the "Application Data" from the backup you made in BB Link before upgrading.

as I already explained in this thread, this is the only part that cause the problem.

Now, I'm asking myself what would happen if I do a full backup of my device and if I restore this backup, for example, next day, but without changing OS version. This test would probably show up a bug in the way BlackBerry handle restoring, or if the problem with loading sideloaded apps after OS upgrade appears only if you restore a backup made with a different OS version...

Maybe someone will find an easy trick like "removing a small file" on the terminal storage after restoring the backup...

Unfortunately I don't have much time left in the next couple of days to investigate more in this.
    04-28-13 04:27 AM
    Hey there,
    Just wanted to say that I had the same problems restoring "Application data" on OS 10.0 releases. Android apps wouldn't work anymore.

However, with al the 10.1 releases I tried, it seems this error is resolved. Restoring "Application Data" does not render android apps unusable any more. Great! I think just some more releases of the OS, and it will come closer and closer to perfection .. those are just bugs expected from an infant OS ... Cheers!
    04-28-13 04:41 AM
    Hey !

Thanks Enrico for your post, this is making me happy and definitely thinking about upgrading to the current 10.1 leaked (I'm a bit affraid about battery life, bugs that can occur whith emitting/receiving calls or whatever an hybread leakead OS can cause...)

if you have any hints / infos for me about what is good/bad/stable/unstable, etc in 10.1, I will be happy if you could discuss about it in MP (it's out of scope for this thread).

Cheers !

NB: why I ask you and don't read other threads ? because 22 pages or more of guys that says incomplete/not really hardly tested situations make thoses threads unusefull from my point of view...

- Strato
    04-28-13 05:10 AM